Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Got a couple of friends coming over this weekend for a Marvel marathon. Think we're going to watch the Iron Man series. :smiley:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Today we got another washing machine delivered this time with its transit bolts (thanks Sophie!), and a second ironing press to make light work of our b&b's laundry. Might go out in the boat and net some fish this afternoon. The sea is as flat as glass.

Earlier I got some super fruit and veg bargains at Alcudia's market so this weekend we'll be making some great food! :p
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    I fly to Croatia on Monday morning. So so so Excited!!
  • Options
    Esme17 said:
    I fly to Croatia on Monday morning. So so so Excited!!
    Have a super holiday with your friends! Let's hope your weather is good, too. =)
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    it's my birthday!  =) but today is special for another reason too, it also marks 3 years since my last lengthy admission!  =) Got the cutest discharge anniversary card from my aunt :lol: Celebrating with a 8 hour shift  :'(  then packing for going away tomorrow! Mental illness you are not welcome today  B) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Happy birthday @BubblesGoesBoo! Hope you have lovely day and nice time away :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    it's my birthday!  =) but today is special for another reason too, it also marks 3 years since my last lengthy admission!  =) Got the cutest discharge anniversary card from my aunt :lol: Celebrating with a 8 hour shift  :'(  then packing for going away tomorrow! Mental illness you are not welcome today  B) 
    Hey happy birthday!! Have a fab day.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Meeting friend tonorrow. Quite excited :) 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Since my hospitalisation from a nasty cellulitis infection, my doctor gave me the all clear and ceased the antibiotics. Also after three ecg tests, I was weaned off the beta blockers. So I'm loads better now and can continue my gym routine. At last, all's good.

Been given a military grade anti-insect repellant to spray on my legs. The mixture combined with a pleasant high SPF to ward off dangerous sun's rays, it's not as hard on my skin as I expected.

Another nice bit of news is The Musicians Union have sorted my complaint, enforced that massive refund I was due and also my agent has got me some nice concerts. I feel great!  =)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Cute video of a penguin chasing a butterfly <3

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Broke up with my ex boyfriend yesterday, I couldn't be more happy to be single.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    I managed to of rang a crisis number when was feeling like shit
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I'm planning on going to the library soon. Hopefully having some new books to focus on will help to improve my mood, although I've enjoyed being at home anyway  :)
  • Options
    I'm out with my friend next Monday as i catch up and for my birthday and she has already get me a card, oh she didn't have to. 
  • Options
    It is with much joy and happiness that Ines and I will be marrying on Friday 7th September. =)

Our girls Sophie and her friend will be bridesmaids. Our families received the news with delight. They are very happy for us.

For our privacy, no other details will be given on the board.

• Options
    Enjoying my last day of rest until a busy few days of social events and seeing family. 2 days rest to regain strength then I will be making my first major move and i will give blood (hopefully).
    Enjoyed this week resting and watching you all chat with one another. I miss helping round in chats so back tomorrow as of Monday if you will have me? 
  • Options
    28C with humidity of 80%. Outside it's an oven. Inside though, it's bliss. =)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Had a lovely birthday and actually going to have a drink tonight which wasn't planned but a can of beer i am going to have. Afternoon nap after a Chinese meal which was lovely! Unicorn cake and a beer while watching Casualty shall be the perfect end to a great (ish) birthday. This was my cake!!
    Post edited by Abigail on
  • Options
    Happy birthday for yesterday @Abigail! Hope you had a lovely day! I'm so glad to see that you managed to find a unicorn cake! It's the most amazing cake :) 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Aife said:
    Happy birthday for yesterday @Abigail! Hope you had a lovely day! I'm so glad to see that you managed to find a unicorn cake! It's the most amazing cake :) 
    Hey @Aife, Thank you!! My birthday was a tricky one sadly but cake and beer to end the day. Unicorn cake was a Friday find in the end. You are correct it's a lovely cake. Maybe a red velvet cupcake might beat it later tonight? Hope your well. 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Feel bit more hopeful bout my future. Searching for volterring jobs and think going to apply for DBS check😊 and i have edited my cv!😊😊 or going to try and find smal job for more money. And searching internet for stuff😊😊something needs to change

Feel great about my future compared to befor yet still so sucidal which is fucked and dont make sense. Just still an option in back of my mind when im stressed af & cant cope with life. So confused with myself rn.  Its like i want to go there but feel i deserve to die instead & maybd easier
  • Options
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I got out of bed today and managed a full shift at work  =) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Sooooo.... I’m back! Whether that’s a good thing or not is up to you ;) but I’m glad to be back on here! HEYYY!! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Aw welcome back @independent_
  • Options
    My body's markers are looking improved since an incease of antibiotcs, but time will tell when my next bood test shows a lowering of my white blood cells. I'm resting up, It's all I can do. :)
  • Options
    Just applaud for a 0 hour contract job in a blood donation centre.come on here and i am in stitches laughing about this \/

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Abigail said:
    Just applaud for a 0 hour contract job in a blood donation centre.come on here and i am in stitches laughing about this \/

@Abigail It's amazing right? Confettiii! <3

Best of luck with you job application :) 
    Meggles said:
    Had a great birthday. Didn't let anything spoil the day. Not even train issues! 
    @Meggles Happy Birthday for yesterday! Hope you had a lovely day :)