Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Love island has finished 🙃
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Shaunie said:
    Love island has finished 🙃
    Lol as soon as i sent that. I randomly got a page (that never seen before) that said “youre on our naughty list” then asked me to prove im human.  Haha. what did i do wrong. didnt meant to offend ahahh. Just because dont like love island doesnt mean i aint human lolll 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Thanks to aunt Fiona booking me a whole weekend of recording at her studios without huge cost, we've been recording my first solo album. This week it goes out not to to retailers in Spain, France and other european countries, but also I've been booked for a radio session on the island's radio stations and also at Monaco. Awesome!

At last I've got a band together. And we have some gigs.

I feel great! =)
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Floxy said:
    Thanks to aunt Fiona booking me a whole weekend of recording at her studios without huge cost, we've been recording my first solo album. This week it goes out not to to retailers in Spain, France and other european countries, but also I've been booked for a radio session on the island's radio stations and also at Monaco. Awesome!

At last I've got a band together. And we have some gigs.

I feel great! =)
    Aww that is brilliant, so happy for you:)

“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Yay! Finished work. Started at 6am fin8shed 2pm now go home get the paper work done, do chats then sleep!
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Last week I treated myself to a kindle paperwhite e-book reader. It's great! Except all my previous 'read' e-books automatically transferred. Now I have over 1,500. Glad I could get them indexed A-Z authors though, or I'd be as pickled as a ploughman's onion!  :joy:
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Aidan said:
    Floxy said:
    Last week I treated myself to a kindle paperwhite e-book reader. It's great! Except all my previous 'read' e-books automatically transferred. Now I have over 1,500. Glad I could get them indexed A-Z authors though, or I'd be as pickled as a ploughman's onion!  :joy:
    Ha, I had a similar conundrum when I got my new kindle (paperwhite too I think..?), and the minute I linked my amazon account, boom, 5 books downloaded before I could turn the wifi off and stop it :joy:

Hey @Aiden I think there is a way of removing unwanted e-books off your kindle by touching its title/image and a drop-down menu appears and then you can choose to delete it. However, amazon keeps all our e-book downloads in 'the cloud', so if we change our minds, then we can re-download said bok once again.

My happy/good news this morning is I have a huge round trip: to Monaco, then French towns along its south coast, then down to Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia, and across to Italy to promote my solo album at the countries' radio stations. The icing on the cake is already my albums have arrived at these radio stations and are being played.

I'm so excited! =) I can scarce believe how incredibly my music career is taking off. The bed&breakfast business is taken care of by staff my fiancee employed from years of great hotel experience, but she's coming with me to the radio stations plus our excited girls. Life has suddenly got interesting again. B)
  • Options
    Actually really proud of my exam results, I honestly never thought I’d get 3 B’s and 2 A’s :):):) 
    Congratulations @independent_ You worked hard, and succeeded!  =)
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Back home to some normality  :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Well done @independent_
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options

Aw just did shoppin at morrisions and gave the food to the homeless guy, he was looking so skinny and he was so grateful. Made me wanna cry:’)
  • Options
    Shaunie said:

Aw just did shoppin at morrisions and gave the food to the homeless guy, he was looking so skinny and he was so grateful. Made me wanna cry:’)
    That was very kind of you. :)

Having come home late last night from Valencia, as soon as I walked through the door, I felt something invisible embrace me, and in my right ear, heard a voice say "Welcome home Amanda. I missed you".

How very strange, but how moving. Perhaps there is a loving spirit in the house after all? I've always been sceptical, but last night there was definitely someone there. :)
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I went shopping without having to use my inhaler once 😁

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Managed a full day at work!  =) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Been cleaning for hours since i couldnt sleep & thought id get tired after a few minutes but like once i started didnt know how to stop and have cleaned my room and like nearly deep cleaned the whole house🙃my mind feels so much clearer with just a less messy room
  • Options
    On arriving home this evening, I found a letter written over two months ago by a neighbour asking if I would be interested in painting for her. She left a phone number which I rang and had a lovely conversation, and tomorrow she is visiting so I can show her some photos of my commissions. It's a step towrds establishing myself as a professional painter here in England. It's exciting and lifted my spirits. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Going to an escape room then to greyhounds today with my sisters. For once i actually wanna leave my bed.
     & just booked my tickets for that Horror at Hinchingbrook house for october. Pretty sure its a waste of money for how much it is & what it is tho, but like trying that sort of stuff
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Shaunie said:
    Going to an escape room then to greyhounds today with my sisters. For once i actually wanna leave my bed.
     & just booked my tickets for that Horror at Hinchingbrook house for october. Pretty sure its a waste of money for how much it is & what it is tho, but like trying that sort of stuff
    How was the escape room @Shaunie? Did you manage to beat your time? :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Its my birthday tomorrow! Going to be 20!!  :o So excited even though im working for 9 hours...
  • Options
    How was the escape room @Shaunie? Did you manage to beat your time?  
    @Aife i did!!! 😊Not like 5 seconds left is hard to beat lol but had 9 minutes left & enjoyed it!
  • Options
    Esme17 said:
    Its my birthday tomorrow! Going to be 20!!  :o So excited even though im working for 9 hours...
    Aw Wish you a happy birthday for tomorrow. 🎂Hope you do somethig nice after work!!! @Esme17
  • Options
    Managed 4 FULL days at work in a row! When this time last month I couldn't even complete a whole shift!  :) now having a much needed relaxing day off. 
  • Options
    Well done @BubblesGoesBoo

You have that well earned rest! =)
  • Options
    Mmm, today I found some magnificent juicy cherries from Spain, sold in Lidl's. I bought 2 kg, only £4.99/kg and that's far cheaper than in Spain! Had to check my sugar intake, but stayed within limits enjoying quite a pigging session.

Then Sophie and our aunties found them.... :joy:
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Working today last day for 2 weeks and we wrapped by 4 o'clock I am so happy. Now can we all hope this will continue through till the end of September. 5 weeks to go. I will miss those guys but means I am back for good until I get dragged off babysitting. 

Can i reach 500 comments/posts on here by the time the baby is born? 
    Probably not.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Im pretty sad that just because my online order has came early-  its improved my mood lolll. But like i got like black dungargees, 3 tops, shorts and one of those wide leg striped trousers. And a plain brown and black belt. All for £32 including free delivery like whattt thats like 3 outfits and two belts for 32 and tried it all on and looks how itdoes on pictures & fits fine & nothing see through or anything 🙃
  • Options
    I feel wonderful from having 4 hours' good sleep. =)
  • Options
    I'm not getting sectioned!  =)=)
  • Options
    Mama_UMama_U Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    I ATE MANGOSSSS AND COOKIES  :cookie: and im going on a road trip so im basically leaving all my problems behind me  :3