Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    My therapist actually listened to me and talked about something I wanted to! :hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    My therapist actually listened to me and talked about something I wanted to! :hyper:

I'm so relieved! Thank goodness she was willing to listen. I bet you feel much better for that. :thumb:

Well, I came home and Jules ran to my arms. Thanks to the anbiotics she's looking so much better, and feeling good and not coughing so much. She's been having yakult probiotics and these have really helped her. I missed my darling so much. It's wonderful being home, too.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Meggles wrote: »
    FOR THOSE WHO KNOW MY LOVE FOR JELLYFISH. IM BOOKING MY TATTOO THIS WEEK

Aw a Jellyfish! That's so cool! Do you know what sort of design you're going to get?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
  • Options
    What an amazing day it's been! It was so sunny making me feel happier that I went busking in town. Later and earning nearly £50, I took my beautiful sister to an Italian restaurant and blew the lot on a super lunch. She looked radiant and got many admiring looks. I'm so happy for her.
  • Options
    For the trouble my board and members have been through lately, we've given a year's worth of Zetaboards Premium for free, as well as $50 worth of ad removal for our trouble. :thumb:
  • Options
    JELLY TOTS ARE VEGAN!!! WHY has nobody told me this before?

Ps. This is the best day of my life! :hyper::hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    3 people at work mentioned how much brighter im looking today :) made me feel good cause I do think today is a better day, I feel stronger :hyper:
  • Options
    3 people at work mentioned how much brighter im looking today :) made me feel good cause I do think today is a better day, I feel stronger :hyper:

That's great news, Bubbles! I'm so pleased you're feeling better! :thumb:
  • Options
    While out walking the dog, aunty and Jules found a mountain of seasoned cut logs hidden behind a copse on our estate. What a find! They employed two good men from the village who lugged the logs closer to the house, stacked them and put sereval tarpaulins over the top. The men estimated we had 100 cubic metres. I had to look and wow! We paid the men well and I don't doubt we'll be using them again. What amazes me is my late mother's house is still giving up secrets, and those logs are very welcome considering the extended winter we're having.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    All the snow looks pretty ❄☃️get so excited by it❄❄
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    SCHOOL!! IS!! SHUT!! TOMORROW!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Oh, good for you, Eleanor. Maybs not such fun for me cos being home schooled means coursework continues. But at least I won't have to leave home. Instead, put my feet up by the fire and that can't be bad. :thumb:
  • Options
    A huge group of previously unknown Adélie penguins have been found!

BBC News: www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43250744
  • Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    So happy for the penguins 🐧🐧🐧
  • Options
    SevenSeven Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    :0

I love hearing about new species being discovered!

In other news, how has the snow been affecting everyone? (If at all) It should be clearing up real soon!
  • Options
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Got home from travelling today!! Very tired but happy to be home :heart:
  • Options
    Esme17 wrote: »
    Got home from travelling today!! Very tired but happy to be home :heart:

Welcome back, dear Essie! We missed you, but glad you're safe. You missed all that snow. :D
  • Options
    Finally finished self-assessing my psych assignment... took me freaking 20 minutes and I’ve been panicking about it since last Thursday (HOW DOES THAT WORK) but hayho!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Isn't it ironic, but members of the forum won't talk to me, but with chat roomies who are not active on the forum I've had some of the best conversations of my life! :cool:
  • Options
    Glad owly obeys sis and I, otherwise it would have killed and eaten next door's cat.
  • Options
    It's amazing what this old house continues to give up...

Back of the kitchen cupboard: 10 Madagascan vanilla beans, 5 x 1kg jars Spanish honey + 3 x 500g walnut honey, 1 black jar cognac mieux mustard, 6 each tins peaches, pineapple, oranges and apricots plus several kg jars homemade mincemeat. Mince pies here we come! :yum:

Bottom of freezer: bags of frozen double cream, leg of pork, bag of oxtail, 4kg beef on the bone and approx 20 kg lamb (fillet, leg, chops, shoulder, etc)

Outside shed - get this! - a vintage Honda CG125 motorbike! :hyper: Plus, under a tarp, a large 3x plank wide oak refectory table. Looks very old

Wine cellar: a case of Adrien Camut Calvados (think I'll hide that)

and we have 2 lovely guests to stay the weekend PLUS -

Jules is home for 2 months! :heart:

• Options
    SevenSeven Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Meggles wrote: »

So much snow!!!!!
    I jumped out my back door into the snow and it was half way up my legs. 😂 Also had a snowball fight in the middle of the night haha. Have you been affected by the snow?

Thankfully it wasn't too bad in the city, but when I traveled out during the week there were still patches! Kinda love it though :D
  • Options
    WE! ARE! HOPEFULLY! GETTING! A! PUPPY!!! Just waiting for the lady to phone us back!!!
  • Options
    WE! ARE! HOPEFULLY! GETTING! A! PUPPY!!! Just waiting for the lady to phone us back!!!

Ahh how lovely! What breed doggit are you having? :)
  • Options
    thats so exciting! what breed?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    should hopefully get phone by end of the week, my dad said hes gunna lend me 320 towards it, dunno how ill be able to pay back tho:/
  • Options
    @Shaunie[/USER] and [USER="102549"]Mirabelle - he is a retriever!!

Got the call last night, we are bringing him home on Thursday!!!