Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Rayofhope wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Mandy, hope you all have a good day.

Mandy thanks you, Rayofhope. :)
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Contrary to my post needing a *hug* last night, Jules apologized for upsetting me which is a massive relief. It's been a year since we first got together, quite amazing really when so teen couples split up after mere weeks.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    LAST. EXAM. TODAY!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    LAST. EXAM. TODAY!!!

I'm hooting for you, Eleanor! :thumb:
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    It's our biggest festival of the year tonight!! Happy transvestite Tuesday guys!!! :hyper::hyper:

##or up helly aa for all you non islander folk ;)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Wish I could go to your hop, Bubbles!
    You have a good time, okay? :d
  • Options
    Exams. Are. O V E R !!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Exams. Are. O V E R !!

Now you can kick back and relax! :thumb:
  • Options
    Mirabelle wrote: »

Now you can kick back and relax! :thumb:

Trust me, I am. I have no exams, no homework (hopefully) and I don't even have training until next Tuesday... :)
  • Options

Trust me, I am. I have no exams, no homework (hopefully) and I don't even have training until next Tuesday... :)

All the more reason then, to live up to your (chocolate) name. ;)
  • Options

All the more reason then, to live up to your (chocolate) name. ;)

Haha definitely!!
  • Options

Haha definitely!!

Now your exams are over, what will you be doing between now and Easter? Being a home schooler now and in a different country, I'm not too sure of what students do after exams.
  • Options

Now your exams are over, what will you be doing between now and Easter? Being a home schooler now and in a different country, I'm not too sure of what students do after exams.

lol I'm actually not too sure either aha!! I think I just need the time out - I'm hoping they dont give us tooooo much homework between now and then.
  • Options

lol I'm actually not too sure either aha!! I think I just need the time out - I'm hoping they dont give us tooooo much homework between now and then.

Haa - well, judging by my gnome schooling tutors, I can bet I'll be avalanched with a pile of coursework. There again, as it would be history and English/Lit I'd look forward to it.

Relatively good news is this Friday I'm actually looking forward to doing my A Level English Language and English Literature exams with relish.
  • Options
    OMGGGG i got a high B (67%) in music listening 😊🎉 and the practical and stuff is still to be added!!
  • Options
    OMGGGG i got a high B (67%) in music listening 😊🎉 and the practical and stuff is still to be added!!

Congratulations! That mark is very good - well done! :)
  • Options
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    I got out of bed,had a shower, and done my washing this morning. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊
    But Now tired and back in bed. Aha
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    I got out of bed,had a shower, and done my washing this morning. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊
    But Now tired and back in bed. Aha

It's always good to rest, so you're in the right place! :thumb:
  • Options
    I finished my English essay tonight that I've been meaning to finish for... 6 weeks!! Embarrassing, I know!

Oh, and I have one more day left at school and then that's me until Valentine's Day!! WOOOO!
  • Options
    I finished my English essay tonight that I've been meaning to finish for... 6 weeks!! Embarrassing, I know!

Oh, and I have one more day left at school and then that's me until Valentine's Day!! WOOOO!

Well done Eleanor, for both! :)

My bit of good news is Jules came home earlier! I'm so happy she listened.
  • Options
    The villagers used to infuriate us letting their dogs wander in to our property to crap on the lawn. Then my badass aunt had a blacksmith build us a formidable set of tall wrought iron gates, so now they remain outside. Oh dear, what a bloody shame. :razz:
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    For the first time in about 2 years our department at work is fully staffed! Well... if the 3 newbies turn up today :p:hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My really old cat has bought home a friend (so now we have two cats... Even though he had a home two doors up...) And he was playing with him this morning chasing him all over the house. It's like he's ten years younger again, it was so cute! Full of energy!
  • Options
    The show was truly amazing! Special thanks to @BubblesGoesBoo for your telling me to look straight ahead and not look down when they winched me to the stage. I lost the vertigo, but when I saw the thousands waving and cheering, my happiness swelling for them! :hyper: Never even imagined I'd have the courage to lead the band in Jules' sickness. The concert went like clockwork and our band were awesome!
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    The show was truly amazing! Special thanks to @BubblesGoesBoo for your telling me to look straight ahead and not look down when they winched me to the stage. I lost the vertigo, but when I saw the thousands waving and cheering, my happiness swelling for them! :hyper: Never even imagined I'd have the courage to lead the band in Jules' sickness. The concert went like clockwork and our band were awesome!

​Hey @Mirabelle

Aw that's great to hear that the show went well! Well done!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    For the first time in about 2 years our department at work is fully staffed! Well... if the 3 newbies turn up today :p:hyper:

@BubblesGoesBoo aw that's great news!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Aife wrote: »

​Hey @Mirabelle

Aw that's great to hear that the show went well! Well done!

Thank you, Aife! :)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    It's Friday. That counts right?
    Weekender Offender