Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am i a boy or girl?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Louisek wrote: »
    Its not really just about the clothes its hard to to explain but its a feeling of normality, contentment and really just a mindset that i have developed lately. I actually feel calmer and more emotionally aware i cant put it into words except to say i feel feminine and i dont want to lose that.
    The clothes and make up etc are of course very important and a big part of the real me, i often wear strapy tops under a shirt, girl boxers and jeans etc it keeps me sane but its not enough even dressing fully 24/7 is not enough i am a girl and i want the body i am meant to have more than anything.
    Your so kind and thoughtful B A and i thank you so much for that x

Louise, you ARE a girl. No matter what you look like, no matter what clothes you wear, no matter what genitalia you have. You are a girl on the inside, and that is what counts. It doesn't matter what some doctor says, or how long you have to wear girls clothes for before you can fully "change" to being female inside and out... To me, and I'm sure to many other people, you are a girl called Louise who has very good fashion sense and is very kind and helpful.
    Yeah, you may encounter a few objects as you climb the stairs of life. But once you reach those objects you have two choices; you can sit and cry on the step for ever or you can pick the object up, get it sorted with, and leave it on that step and just keep walking.
    Right now, you are doing the later. You may have been born looking like a boy, but you have always been a girl really.
    THAT Louise you lovely lady, is what counts :)
    Xx
    P.S. A little site that might help you feel more girly on the days when you are a bit depressed.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/switch/slink/
  • Options
    Heyy Knoppix,
    Why not start your own thread and you can get help specifically aimed at you?
    Xx
  • Options
    Heyy Knoppix,
    Why not start your own thread and you can get help specifically aimed at you?
    Xx

I've made a thread. Click Here
  • Options
    Well i have a feeling today will be a tough day, after 3 weeks living in the female role 24/7 i have to go back to college and i feel like a pile of poo :crying:
    Now its over i wonder if it was agood idea its really messing me up now having to go back to being a boy, it sounds strange i know but i was even starting to feel almost complete as a person and now its all back to normal.
    I feel naked without my makeup and i feel like i have lost all my confidence again i'm back to feeling like a shy loner, the clothes feel really heavy as well its funny how you dont notice things until you go back to them.
    Well i guess i just have to get on with it i know there are many people with real problems but it dont stop me feeling down in the dumps.
    Good luck to all on your first day back i know its a shitty feeling for everyone :impissed:
  • Options
    :heart: Why don't you wear a little bit of makeup?
    And you aren't "going back to being a boy" you are a girl, and you know you are :) It doesn't matter what you look like or what you wear, on the inside you are a girl. Remember that.
    Xx
  • Options
    Well i have a feeling today will be a tough day, after 3 weeks living in the female role 24/7 i have to go back to college and i feel like a pile of poo :crying:
    Now its over i wonder if it was agood idea its really messing me up now having to go back to being a boy, it sounds strange i know but i was even starting to feel almost complete as a person and now its all back to normal.
    I feel naked without my makeup and i feel like i have lost all my confidence again i'm back to feeling like a shy loner, the clothes feel really heavy as well its funny how you dont notice things until you go back to them.
    Well i guess i just have to get on with it i know there are many people with real problems but it dont stop me feeling down in the dumps.
    Good luck to all on your first day back i know its a shitty feeling for everyone :impissed:

Hey louise,
    You could take it as a good sign (even though it doesn't feel like it at the moment).
    What I mean is, you said you almost felt complete during your time as a girl, yet now you have to go back to being male for school and you hate it. Surely this can strengthen your case for surgery/hormones if you tell your doctor just how it felt to be a) louise and then b) male? Hopefully it will have convinced you and anyone else that you really do want/need a change? I think was a good idea for you to live as louise for the holidays.
    And, as B-A said, why not wear a bit of make up to school? Just something subtle but that still gives you a bit of reassurance (if that is the right word).
  • Options
    Well it was a long day but i did start to feel happier as the day went on it did'nt seem to take long to get into the old routine, i would love to dress more on feminine side but whilst still at college i might as well right victim on my forehead.
    I did go in a nice pair of jeans with a subtle pattern on the bum pockets no one commented except my own friends but i dont see how i can wear anything more fem without it being obvious maybe if its sunny a pair of sandals or flip flops. Tops are really difficult as the cut of them makes it obvious i did buy a couple of v neck t shirts but they look odd on me.
    I am going to wear a little make up tomorrow just a little eye liner and masscara i have noticed a couple of boys in make up so it should be ok, maybe see if i can find a new bag at the weekend.
  • Options
    :heart: Why don't you wear a little bit of makeup?
    And you aren't "going back to being a boy" you are a girl, and you know you are :) It doesn't matter what you look like or what you wear, on the inside you are a girl. Remember that.
    Xx

Awwww BA you always say the right thing xx
  • Options
    why not wear a bit of make up to school? Just something subtle but that still gives you a bit of reassurance (if that is the right word).

I thought about this last night,and this morning i did put a little on but then took it off again, i really don't know if it is the right thing to do.
    It won't take away the feeling of frustration and desperation that i have to live with it just makes me feel a bit better about myself kind off like i'm being true to myself if that makes sense.But is it worth the attention it might bring whilst at college i always advice people never to come out at school/college but know i feel like screaming it out to everyone.
    I can't really carry on like this its to painful i keep telling myself its only another couple of months but i'm so ready now in my head and in all others aspects of my life.
    Maybe after a few days things will settle down i did feel better last night but this morning its just as bad.
    At least i only have a few hours in college today so i can get home and sit in sun hopefully.
  • Options
    Is there anyone at college who knows how you are feeling? If not maybe you could tell a couple of friends whom you trust? Or maybe the nurse, if you have one of those at school?

Have you finished college for good or have you still got next year too?
  • Options
    It won't take away the feeling of frustration and desperation that i have to live with it just makes me feel a bit better about myself kind off like i'm being true to myself if that makes sense.

I know it's not quite the same thing, but try thinking of it as a uniform.
  • Options
    Is there anyone at college who knows how you are feeling? If not maybe you could tell a couple of friends whom you trust? Or maybe the nurse, if you have one of those at school?

Have you finished college for good or have you still got next year too?

I don't have any really close friends at college more just people i pass time with they are friendly enough but this kind of thing would affect their lives at college to if they were known as my friends and i came out. I only actually have a couple of months till i finish my A levels which is why deep down i know it is best to keep quiet.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    I know it's not quite the same thing, but try thinking of it as a uniform.

Oh my gosh, you are so wise. Those words have really helped me to get a perspective on this. I could kiss you xx
  • Options
    Well it was a long day but i did start to feel happier as the day went on it did'nt seem to take long to get into the old routine, i would love to dress more on feminine side but whilst still at college i might as well right victim on my forehead.
    I did go in a nice pair of jeans with a subtle pattern on the bum pockets no one commented except my own friends but i dont see how i can wear anything more fem without it being obvious maybe if its sunny a pair of sandals or flip flops. Tops are really difficult as the cut of them makes it obvious i did buy a couple of v neck t shirts but they look odd on me.
    I am going to wear a little make up tomorrow just a little eye liner and masscara i have noticed a couple of boys in make up so it should be ok, maybe see if i can find a new bag at the weekend.

i wear the following:
    pink and red flip-flops
    T-Shirt with a little bit a pink design or writing on it and seeqins

it's the pink what makes me feel complet:)
    works fine for me and nobody has ever noticed that i'm trying to make myself look like a girl and my parents haven't even noticed
  • Options
    I know you are probably getting bored of my posts by now, but i am seeing my gp again this afternoon and i am praying she will refer me to an assesment programme.
    The tension is killing me today i feel sick again as i do before every visit but im all alone at home watching the time go by very very slowly.
    Appoitment is 1.45 and i have been ready since 10.00 lol, can't face anything to eat and cant concentrate on college work.
    I should have got a morning appoitment :)
  • Options
    I know you are probably getting bored of my posts by now, but i am seeing my gp again this afternoon and i am praying she will refer me to an assesment programme.
    The tension is killing me today i feel sick again as i do before every visit but im all alone at home watching the time go by very very slowly.
    Appoitment is 1.45 and i have been ready since 10.00 lol, can't face anything to eat and cant concentrate on college work.
    I should have got a morning appoitment :)

Louise

I'm definitely not bored of your posts. You're on a really interesting (and scary!) journey and I'm impressed every time I read something you post about what you're going through.

I hope the appointment goes well this afternoon :)
  • Options
    Sera wrote: »
    Louise

I'm definitely not bored of your posts. You're on a really interesting (and scary!) journey and I'm impressed every time I read something you post about what you're going through.

I hope the appointment goes well this afternoon :)

:yes: What Sera said.

Good luck for later too- only 1.5 hours to go now!
  • Options
    I know you are probably getting bored of my posts by now

I agree with the two above. :)

Your postings are not attention-seeking in any way. Your posts are thoughtful and considered and its a honour for us to have such an insight into your life during such a sensitive period of self-discovery and personal growth. You just keep posting until I tell you not to! ;) *hugs*
  • Options
    *hugs**hugs**hugs*

Let us know what the doctor said (unless she gave you cookies, or a sticker, then I don't want to know :razz:)

but seriously, I hope it all went well!
    Xx
  • Options
    Once again thanks for your messages guys you are all so awesome in your support im really touched by your kindnes :)
    Anyway i saw the gp and its very very good news i am being referred to a specalist :yippe:
    I can't really put into words my emotions at the moment a mixture of extreme joy, relief and a little fear.
    I know its still such a long way to go but now i feel im on my way and being taken seriously.
    More waiting now of course it could be weeks before i even get an appoitment but im 100% happier now so i can deal with that.
    On a minus point i made a complete tit of myself at the surgery, i was in floods of tears but with a stupid grin on my face when she said she was referring me. I went in the ladies to compose myself and when i came out i came over all light headed and had to sit in a room with a nurse checking me now and again for an hour before they would let me go.
    Nurse said it was probably just a combination of not eating and all the emotions ( such a girl lol )
    So anyway i am a very happy bunny and looking forward to a great weekend and a positve future.
    Just hope the postie brings my appoitment soooon :thumb:
  • Options
    great news about the appointement... I'll give a more productive reply when I am not in an IT lesson
    Xx
  • Options
    Once again thanks for your messages guys you are all so awesome in your support im really touched by your kindnes :)
    Anyway i saw the gp and its very very good news i am being referred to a specalist :yippe:
    I can't really put into words my emotions at the moment a mixture of extreme joy, relief and a little fear.
    I know its still such a long way to go but now i feel im on my way and being taken seriously.
    More waiting now of course it could be weeks before i even get an appoitment but im 100% happier now so i can deal with that.
    On a minus point i made a complete tit of myself at the surgery, i was in floods of tears but with a stupid grin on my face when she said she was referring me. I went in the ladies to compose myself and when i came out i came over all light headed and had to sit in a room with a nurse checking me now and again for an hour before they would let me go.
    Nurse said it was probably just a combination of not eating and all the emotions ( such a girl lol )
    So anyway i am a very happy bunny and looking forward to a great weekend and a positve future.
    Just hope the postie brings my appoitment soooon :thumb:
    i'm not being mean or anything but this is something i need to know has i am going through the same thing as you.

Do you ever get a tickle inside you when you are being told your going to see the gp on such a day because i do when i think about seeing the gp it's kind my mind can't wait to have gender reassignment.

also i get the same feeling when i think about the party i'm going this friday its my friends birthday shes a girl and its the first time ive got a tickling feeling when i cant wait until the party or etc and i can always wait until a party but not this one hmm it's like i'm going to do something pervy to her hmm:confused:

anyways good luck and keep posting:)
  • Options
    Loving reading your story and hearing about your progress Louise. Have you thought about starting a blog of your experiences? It could be a great way to document your journey, and share your experiences for other people going through the same thing.

Loads of luck and keep posting :)
  • Options
    Knoppix wrote: »
    i'm not being mean or anything but this is something i need to know has i am going through the same thing as you.

Do you ever get a tickle inside you when you are being told your going to see the gp on such a day because i do when i think about seeing the gp it's kind my mind can't wait to have gender reassignment.

also i get the same feeling when i think about the party i'm going this friday its my friends birthday shes a girl and its the first time ive got a tickling feeling when i cant wait until the party or etc and i can always wait until a party but not this one hmm it's like i'm going to do something pervy to her hmm:confused:

anyways good luck and keep posting:)

I think you are a boy, a confused boy, but nothing I've read from you is feminine. I think you should see a Dr, but I don't think you should pin hopes of your life being sorted or better on the idea of gender reassignment.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I think you are a boy, a confused boy, but nothing I've read from you is feminine. I think you should see a Dr, but I don't think you should pin hopes of your life being sorted or better on the idea of gender reassignment.
    i am feminine
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »

Just because someone doesn't write in a feminine way it doesn't mean they can't identify as female, its actually pretty rude to say to someone who is trans and identifies as female I think your a boy, how an earth do you know what is going on in their head, there are many feminine cis males, are they not men or masculine cis females, are they not women, let people identify as how they want to, you can't tell someone their gender just from reading something they have posted and also its just plain offensive.
  • Options
    To be honest, Knoppix you can't be that uncomfortable with being a boy as you've posted photos of yourself on here...
    Xx
  • Options
    frenchhorn wrote: »
    Just because someone doesn't write in a feminine way it doesn't mean they can't identify as female, its actually pretty rude to say to someone who is trans and identifies as female I think your a boy, how an earth do you know what is going on in their head, there are many feminine cis males, are they not men or masculine cis females, are they not women, let people identify as how they want to, you can't tell someone their gender just from reading something they have posted and also its just plain offensive.
    ya i agree with you frenchorn. i know lots of forum friends on other sites who i thaught were boys but no it turned out that half of them were girls. also i know a boy at my old school who plays with barbies but so what it doesn't mean hes gay he is probably just feminine. also he can't be gay because he has a girl friend. so anyone who ignores frenchhorn and me are morons because me and frenchhorn are going through the same thing as louisek. also half of my class mates hate gays and even say they they hate gays. i mean how can you say that. a lot of people are born gay or lesbian so a bit of respect around here because if you say anything like that face to face with someone who is gay or lesbian or etc then you would get a slap.
  • Options
    To be honest, Knoppix you can't be that uncomfortable with being a boy as you've posted photos of yourself on here...
    Xx
    i'm not uncomfortable posting photos. I'm uncomfortable in a mans body
  • Options
    Knoppix wrote: »
    i'm not uncomfortable posting photos. I'm uncomfortable in a mans body

If you were seriously uncomfortable in a mans body, you would NOT want anyone to see you as a man.
    Xx