Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Am i a boy or girl?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    that's great news louise :)

I had a really bad and unexpected reaction from one of my college friends when i told them of my plans, she is really popular and so kind off took a couple of other friends away from me at the same time it really knocked me back so this news has really given me a boost i may even celerbrate with a little retail therapy :yes:
    Ohhh this is brilliant Louise!! congrats and *hugs*!!!

Maybe your friend at college was upset that one of her 'guys' was gonna be 'taken away'? I remember at colleage with the guys/girls there was specific groups where there were certain guys that 'belonged' to a group of girls, if that makes sense?

not sure, just putting ideas out there.

anyway, dnt worry bout them, cuz you are gonna be exactly who you are meant to be :D i'm so excited for you! Def go get some retail therapy! what ya gonna buy?? :D
    skakitty wrote: »
    Ohhh this is brilliant Louise!! congrats and *hugs*!!!

Maybe your friend at college was upset that one of her 'guys' was gonna be 'taken away'? I remember at colleage with the guys/girls there was specific groups where there were certain guys that 'belonged' to a group of girls, if that makes sense?

not sure, just putting ideas out there.

anyway, dnt worry bout them, cuz you are gonna be exactly who you are meant to be :D i'm so excited for you! Def go get some retail therapy! what ya gonna buy?? :D

Thanks for that i understand what your saying but sadly i think i just misjudged her and actually she is a narrow minded bigot, but to be fair since this journey began the positive and kind people have outwheighed the nasty one's although strangely some of the nasty negative people have been the one's i really cared about.

Retail therapy is going to involve some summery cropped trousers and a couple of tunic style tops to cover my bum :)
    In a way, going through something like this gives you a great friend filter - anyone who behaves like a prejudiced dickhead or a small-minded bigot isn't someone you want to be friends with anyway.

It's a tough way of finding out, but at least your pool of real friends is self-selecting - anyone who cares for and supports you through this is a real friend, and everyone else can go fuck themselves.
    Just caught up with this- congrats Miss Louise :D
    +1 on Jamillia's comment, it is a way to find out which friends will really 'stay the course' ... there may be friends who are initally scared of the change but do come around, i've recently experienced this with who i would consider my best friend, after my psychotic episode she was scared and didn't want to be around me, but now she has apoligised for her behaviour, she realises she just needed to 'be there' for me and she has overcome her fear so i believe we are now closer than ever before.
    Ah, that's nice. We all think you're wrong though.
    katralla wrote: »

:lol: Actually snorted a bit when I read that! :lol: Still, it's their first post, go easy on the newbies, tiger!

ETA: a giant congratulations to Louise - when's the appointment? Make sure you update us so we can have a big celebratory thread!
    :lol: Actually snorted a bit when I read that! :lol: Still, it's their first post, go easy on the newbies, tiger!

ETA: a giant congratulations to Louise - when's the appointment? Make sure you update us so we can have a big celebratory thread!

They're a spammer - 'Solar panels, solar houses'
    spammer, spanner, or both?

LOL when i read this, all i could see is my post above...i was thinking :eek2:
    what did i say?! (pra much? hehe)

... and then i saw it must have been a spammer, already deleted..phew!
    Aw, would I say that to you?
    grace wrote: »
    They're a spammer - 'Solar panels, solar houses'

Ah I seeeee..... in which case, I retract my former post entirely. Eat them alive, katralla!
    Aw, would I say that to you?

:blush: i get paranoid hehe
    I saw his comment last night but i did'nt want to reply without giving it some thought, and this morning i had a clever informative and witty reply ready, shame his post was deleted but he probably would not want to hear my side anyway.
    Once again i find myself humbled by the support you guys offer i am so so greatful to you all xx

Thankyou, the appointment is 26th Aug.

Seems ages away and i'm already counting the days lol
    Louisek wrote: »
    Thankyou, the appointment is 26th Aug.

Seems ages away and i'm already counting the days lol

:yippe:

Fingers crossed that it all goes ok then!
    It's you who decide what you are.
    garfield2 wrote: »

Totally agree, i know who i am.

I just need a little help to get to where i need to be.
    Totally agree, i know who i am.

I just need a little help to get to where i need to be.

Actually, going by the indications of garfield2's faith in his other posts, that could be a loaded statement.

It's not your 'decision' that you are a girl as if you were 'deciding' to dye your hair. Apart from a male body, everything else is screaming 'female' inside you and you have felt this way since you were a child and completely unaware of sex. Even if you had tried to suppress these feelings, you would still have been a woman trapped in a man's body - only you would be handling it differently. Your decision is that you have embraced who you really are.
    Teagan wrote: »
    Actually, going by the indications of garfield2's faith in his other posts, that could be a loaded statement.

It's not your 'decision' that you are a girl as if you were 'deciding' to dye your hair. Apart from a male body, everything else is screaming 'female' inside you and you have felt this way since you were a child and completely unaware of sex. Even if you had tried to suppress these feelings, you would still have been a woman trapped in a man's body - only you would be handling it differently. Your decision is that you have embraced who you really are.

Yes i see what you mean Teagan.

I can be a bit gullible sometimes i should have thought about his statement a little.
    Yes i see what you mean Teagan.

I can be a bit gullible sometimes i should have thought about his statement a little.

Thanks.
    Thanks.

Hi Garfield2, maybe you could explain what you meant by your original comment.

Well, I stated that in context of having had read his other posts ... so don't don't worry about it. I'm a little protective of you. :blush:

But yes, it will be best ff he clarified what he means. :)
    Well, I stated that in context of having had read his other posts ... so don't don't worry about it. I'm a little protective of you. :blush:

Thankyou Teagan, you are very kind.
    Thats such a sweet comment i really appreciate it, things like that help me feel accepted as the real me and part of this community.
    Not really no. He's under 16 so he's still classed as a minor himself but at 16 he should know better than to have sex with a 13 year old girl. He can't be sent to jail at 16 as he's still classed as a child himself but if your parents wanted to report him to the police then they can and he would be cautioned to stay away from you and to stop having sex with you and then he could be threatened with jail time when he does reach 18. If your still together in 2 years when he is 18 and your then only 15 then he would be sent to jail as an adult for having sex with a minor, even if you consent.

WTF??? :confused:
    WTF??? :confused:
    It's spam. Look at the link.
    I have been chatting with an Aunt who i have'nt seen for years and she seems really keen to get to know me, her attitude even over the phone and via emails is really encouraging.
    She talks to me as a young woman not a TS and not at all patronising there is no hint of anything but genuine interest in me as the person i am.
    She has invited me to stay with her for a few days and has promised ( and i know it sounds chessey) a proper girly week and she really hopes we can be friends :)
    I am looking forward to it not only to spend time with her but also because it is another place were people will only know me as Louise which means so much to me, its an amazing experiance when people just assume i am what i appear to be just meeting new people being accepted as a young woman is a real high for me, it has happened before at another Aunt and Uncle's house funnily enough.
    Of course i meet people all the time out and about now that just assume i am a GG but somehow its not the same as talking and making friendships with new people.
    So that is something to look forward to at least and i think it will be nice to have a nother female to talk to other than my Mum and sister who lets face it are probaly fed up with the whole thing by now and there are some things you just can't talk to your mum about.
    So no problems or dramas from me for a change :D just a bit of news you may or may not be interested in x
    I have been living as Lou fulltime for just over a month now, at times it has been possible to forget that i am not a GG and for a few wonderful hours i have real contentment.
    Life is pretty good i guess and i try to remain positive and keep focused on the future.
    So far the biggest regrets i have are those people i have lost along the way the reaction of some people has been really bad i can't believe how narrow minded people can be, you think you know some people and can trust them but when push comes to shove these people have shocked me to be honest.
    I t has brought me closer to others i now have a completley diffrent relationship with some family members and one girl who i have known for a few years has become a very close friend and i am proud to call her my best friend.
    Some people just smile ask a few awkward questions and then just accept the situation.
    I think that even the village gossips have got used to the idea now.
    Wish i could find a summer job but that is proving difficult.
    Its soooo much more expensive to be a girl i think we should get tax breaks or something, and how about an extra long weekend do you have any idea how many clothes shops there are out there :lol:
    I feel a much calmer and happier person and i have been told that i am a nicer person these days.
    Sometimes i get lonely and wish i had a special person in my life but that is going to be complicated and even i am not sure what i want or am looking for.
    One or two things i have no control over really get me down and frustrate me but i realise i am a very lucky girl to have the support and encouragment from those around me and i know i am in a much better place than others.
    Thanks for your support guys x