Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am i a boy or girl?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    geneve wrote: »
    Loos and changing rooms are segregated for a reason.

What reason?

Do you piss in the sink?
  • Options
    Wow Louise, your courage really inspires me, and I hope everything continues to go well for you! :)
  • Options
    geneve wrote: »
    I know it's harsh of me to say, but truth is your change is going to impact those around you. Obviously your feelings are of main concern, but please do be sensitive to others, particularly in the doctors when people are likely to be a bit on edge or uncomfortable.
    I don't see why somebody who is transitioning should be 'sensitive' to the prejudice of others.

Do people seriously think they have the right to tell other people what is 'right' or 'wrong' regarding gender? If they do, perhaps some realisation is needed, that we all have our own lives and that they don't have a right to say how other people should live theirs.

ETA:

Are you afraid of being abused or hurt by sharing the same toilets as somebody who may still have a penis? Is it the male anatomy that makes you uncomfortable or the fact they identify as female?
  • Options
    I have been waiting for about a month for an appoitment that my gp said she would arrange with a specalist psychiatrist, as i had not heard anything i asked how long i could expect to wait and have been told it could be another 3 months before i even get to see the psychiatrist :crying:
    Right now i feel devastated, i know there are people who have bigger problems, but to me this is all consuming and i was so sure things were happening for me.
    I now feel like i am facing years of waiting and waiting for approval from this person and then the next why does it all have to be so slow when i know 100% what i need to happen.
    I was really hoping to begin living in the female role full time very soon but now i dont know if i will get into trouble for jumping the gun i have heard they don't approve of anyone who does'nt follow the "programme" to the letter.
    Arggghhhh im pee'd off and confused :confused:
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    I have been waiting for about a month for an appoitment that my gp said she would arrange with a specalist psychiatrist, as i had not heard anything i asked how long i could expect to wait and have been told it could be another 3 months before i even get to see the psychiatrist

That's not unusual. Mental health care in this country is pretty shit.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Do you piss in the sink?

:lol:
  • Options
    I am feeling really desperate tonight , i dont know why because i have a great day to look forward to but right now i feel really low :crying:
    I am so frustrated and pissed off with this bloody awful ugly body i hate myself right now im fed up being the odd one out i want my life before its to late and im to old to enjoy it.
    Its 2 .30 am and im siting here telling all this to strangers because i dont really have anyone else i can burden even more than i already have.
    If i wasnt such a woos i would get a big knive and cut those ugly bits straight off myself :impissed:
  • Options
    Louise, you are beautiful. No matter what you look like, no matter what body you are in. You are a wonderful person, you always will be, and even if right now you don't have the body of a women... you are a women. And you have to remember that.
    I know that I have no idea how tough it must be for you, but I do know that in every situation you must look for the positives... It's difficult to see them, but they are there. I promise :)

Xx
  • Options
    Louise, you are beautiful. No matter what you look like, no matter what body you are in. You are a wonderful person, you always will be, and even if right now you don't have the body of a women... you are a women. And you have to remember that.
    I know that I have no idea how tough it must be for you, but I do know that in every situation you must look for the positives... It's difficult to see them, but they are there. I promise :)

Xx

Thanks BA you are a very kind person :yes:

I do feel better today i just felt overwhelmed last night and really could not get my head in order. Maybe its all the exams on top of everything else, but i just could not sleep i was just laying in bed with things going through my head.
    I know i have a lot to be positive about and now i feel a little stupid for the rant :blush:
  • Options
    I know i have a lot to be positive about and now i feel a little stupid for the rant :blush:

It's good to rant even if it sometimes seems irrational. Rants can verbalise your inner frustrations and help you realise that, in fact, you have many of the answers yourself.

So rant away. :)

xxx
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    It's good to rant even if it sometimes seems irrational. Rants can verbalise your inner frustrations and help you realise that, in fact, you have many of the answers yourself.

So rant away. :)

xxx

:yes:

Sending you some :heart: and *hug* s Louise xxx
  • Options
    hey you shouldn't feel like you don't deserve to solve these problems just because people have other problems!
    as for the exams just take it easy... by the time you get to bed there's not much you can do, so you might as well get a good rest and be mentally prepared for it. i know it makes me a hypocrite because the night before every morning exam i fret and as a result get really tired in the morning, but it's honestly messed with my ability to think clearly and now am seriously regretting that i hadn't slept more before my math exam.
    and about the psychiatrist thing, don't worry we're all here to hear you rant about all this til your appointment!
    take care!
  • Options
    hope you're feeling better about things now louise *hug* dont feel stupid for the rant, there is something about the night time i think that can just make things feel so much worse.
  • Options
    Happy to say i think i have an admirer :flirt: , promised myself i would not get involved with anyone under any circumstances for the time being so i need to be firm and anyway i am not sure how i feel about it myself , its all very confusing but a nice happy feeling in my tummy lol
  • Options
    Aw, young love. I guess being trans makes romance a bit more complicated but, have you thought about how you are going to approach this? Ok, you might not be ready yet but, you do deserve to have a relationship and so, probably need to think about how you'll broach it.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Aw, young love. I guess being trans makes romance a bit more complicated but, have you thought about how you are going to approach this? Ok, you might not be ready yet but, you do deserve to have a relationship and so, probably need to think about how you'll broach it.

It is very complicated and i am not sure how best to handle it , my instincts tell me to back away and not get involved but to be honest i do get lonely sometimes even though i have people around me if that makes sense.
    And i have to be honest and say that i do really enjoy the attention and the compliments and of course the company , but i am not even sure of my own motives for wanting this let alone the other persons.
    Ohhhhh i just dont know what to do for the best !!!!
  • Options
    Do yourself !
  • Options
    abctalkout wrote: »
    Do yourself !

What does that mean?
  • Options
    My name is being changed by deed poll tomorrow , and i have been told that you can give yourself whatever title you want as long as you dont use it to defraud and you have to still state your gender on insurance forms etc.
    This a big step along my journey and i feel sooo excited big things are starting to happen now.

So from tomorrow afternoon i will be Miss Louise K :yippe:

How cool does that sound :hyper:
  • Options
    My name is being changed by deed poll tomorrow , and i have been told that you can give yourself whatever title you want as long as you dont use it to defraud and you have to still state your gender on insurance forms etc.
    This a big step along my journey and i feel sooo excited big things are starting to happen now.

:yippe:
  • Options

:thumb: Sounds very cool Miss Louise :d
    Xx
  • Options
    woohoo! Congrats on the name change.
  • Options
    Congrats Louise :)
  • Options
    Great news, Louise :yippe:
  • Options
    .Leanne. wrote: »
    Great news, Louise :yippe:
    That rhymes :p
    ETA: Actually no it doesn't hehe.
  • Options
    w00t w00t congrats Louise!
  • Options

Very cool. Happy Louise Day! xx
  • Options
    Hey Louise,

Just found this series in the guardian and thought of you, you might find it interesting (if you aren't already aware of it):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/series/transgender-journey
  • Options
    Thanks Jamelia, that was really sweet of you to think of me.

Yes i was aware of Juliet and have been following her story, she has actually been a bit of an inspiration to me, so many of the things she says about her younger days could have been written about me the parallels are amazing although unsurprising i guess.

She has already gone through a lot of the things i have yet to do so i love to read her observations.

It was her column that actually made my mind up about telling my friends what i was doing rather than just withdrawing from that circle which would really have been an unfair thing to do to them.
  • Options
    At long long last i have an appoitment with a Psychiatrist :d

I am so happy its not true all i have to do now is convince him that i am genuine and and hopefully i will be refered on to an assement programme.

Just as things were starting to get me down again along came this news so i am very pleased. As i am already living fulltime in the female role and have changed my name i really hope the Psychiatrist is just a formallity.
    A friend has told me that if you are young and already functioning in everyday life as a female it is possible to get fast tracked through the assesment programme.
    I try to keep my feet on the floor and acheive one goal at at a time but i really feel that if i can get on Hormone treatment as soon as possible i think i can then relax at the very least i will have some control over this bloody body.