Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am i a boy or girl?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Louise

Just a question, do you fancy girls or do you still like boys? You don't have to answer , I was just curious:heart: .
  • Options
    That's so awesome! Sounds like you had a really good weekend :) Happy for you, and those girls were probably just interested at what you were wearing etc rather than staring at you- it's just what we do, as you will discover! :thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks again guys your positive attitudes always give me a lift, and Anna yes i fancy girls but i think i have a slight bi leaning so it will be interesting to see how things develop further down the line, i guess the ultimate dream is to end up living a "normal" everyday life as a woman, persoanally i see having a man take care of you and be that strong person in your life who you can look to for comfort and support as part of that dream but at the moment i just avoid any relationship with either sex.
  • Options
    ^^^

And Louise, that is fine :-) Just make sure you are happy, thats is all that matters right now
    Xx
  • Options
    Geneve, thanks for your comment i do take on board what you say, and as i have said in the past i know that i am incredably lucky to get the level of support that i have at home. I have been strugling with these emotions all my life and so although it may seem that i am getting carried away its just that i am excited that at last the first steps are being taken i realise that after these first stages things will slow down and it will be a long painful journey i know not everyone will understand why i need to do this and sadly i know i will lose family and friends along the way but sooner or later Louise has to become a reality. I have a rough plan of how i see my journey through the next few years and although it may sound selfish i have to focus on my goal, it may sound dramatic and i dont want to sound like a drama queen but i really have to do this or i have no life.
  • Options
    Had my blood taken today :nervous: for the tests they want to do, it was'nt as bad as i thought it did'nt really hurt much but i have a really big ugly bruise on the inside of elbow ( whats that part called, your elbow pit maybe ?) Probably only gona find a mixture of Maltesers and coffee anyway ;)
  • Options
    oohh I had my bloods taken today. The bruises are really icky. I make a whole massive fuss when ever I get mine done, and the nurse goes to me today "But you tried to kill yourself! It isn't that painful!" haha! I was like crying and everything, I hate getting them done.

I'm glad that things are going as you want them to and that everyone is being supportive :-)
    Xx
  • Options
    there are many such cases in India you need to keep patience and see what will be happening the next.
  • Options
    Louise, was just reading through all this and am really impressed with how much courage you've got to do all this. It sounds like you're going about everything at a good pace and trying to look after yourself.

I have a few friends with contacts for good support groups, if you want me to look any of them out just let me know, here or by PM.

Good luck, it's not an easy road. x
  • Options
    I have my next appoitment with my gp tomorrow the first one as Louise which i thought i was going to be very nervous about but my confidence has really grown over the last few weeks, i'm still anxious about the outcome and wether she will support me but i just keep doing whatever i am asked and wait patiently. Will probably get more stressed over what i should wear than anyting else.
  • Options
    try not to worry too much - remember, your GP isn't judging how you look, but how you are - so try to relax, and be yourself.
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    You sir, would do better to learn something about Gender Dysmorphia before making any further comments, otherwise you come across as a fool.

Doctors and phychologists deal with a great range of problems. Some are medical but many are social. In this case the OP seems to be struggling with both. Rather than suggest that they shouldn't seek help, it is actually their best course of action and the support they will get from the professionals who deal with this on a daily basis would do them much more good than your ill informed comments.

I agree with you would do better to learn something about Gender Dysmorphia before making any further comments, otherwise you come across as a fool.
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Will probably get more stressed over what i should wear than anyting else.

Why don't you wear that really nice outfit you planned a couple of weeks back? When you went to the movies I think. That sounded lovely!
    And, let us know how the doctors goes. Don't worry about it, everything will go great :)
    Xx
  • Options
    Thanks guys, i can't tell you how much your support and interest means to me i really do appreciate it and Broken Angel your fashion advice is an inspiration and you have been so kind to me thanks :thumb:
    Now the day has arrived i do actually feel sick with nerves i can't even eat this morning.
    I know there is no point getting worked up but i need to hear some positive news today i really need things to move on.
    I finally chose an outfit i did'nt want to go over the top "girly" but at the same time i don't think turning up in jeans will impress my gp either, so i have gone for a short denim skirt, thick black tights , a yellow top with a loose fitting belt that has a pretty bow shaped buckle and my light brown uggs (fake uggs to be honest )
    There are so many things to consider and think about i could probably sit here all day sharing my thoughts but dont worry i wont torture you all with that.
  • Options
    That outfit sounds fab Louise - good luck with the doctors!!! I hope everything goes well for you today! :) *hugs*

And feel free to share your thoughts on here, its what its here for :)
  • Options
    HI Louise,

I wish I could help, or have something constructive to say but I just want to say how much I have enjoyed reading your story and experiences.

The only thing I can say is, I wish you all the best and I hope you get the outcome your after.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »

I wish I could help, or have something constructive to say but I just want to say how much I have enjoyed reading your story and experiences.

Me too! I read this thread and found it really positive and uplifting, it made me smile. I think you're doing amazingly, you have so much courage and are determined to do whatever it takes to be true to yourself and the person you are truly meant to be, even if it's painful and difficult. That's awe inspiring. Most people don't have that kind of courage.

Loads of luck, and do keep posting about your progress, if only to keep inspiring other people!
  • Options
    Ahh Louise! I am in love with your outfits!! Seriously *jeslous face* The belt sounds espacially lovely... I am stuck at school in the green jumpers!
    Hope everything goes well, let us know.
    Xx
    P.S. What shops do your clothes come from?
  • Options
    Yeah just want to repeat what others have said, you've been so positive with this whole thing..Fair play to you! Look back at your first few posts and see how much you have come on....It will only keep getting better!:thumb:
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    HI Louise,

The only thing I can say is, I wish you all the best and I hope you get the outcome your after.

Hey Louise :wave:
    I know I haven't posted in here before, but I have been reading and I agree with what Hellfire has said.
    You are amazing :)

Your outfit sounds lovely too.
  • Options
    Will probably get more stressed over what i should wear than anyting else.

That proves you really are a girl, Louise. What (straight) guy would consider what to wear as a dilemma when going to see the doctor? :heart::) :thumb:
  • Options
    Hope it all went OK yesterday.
  • Options
    Thanks again guys, well it went ok i think, a little frustrated right now as i dont seem to have moved on at all but i am trying to be positive and remember that things have really changed for the better so much over the last two months i don't really have the right to feel pissed off :impissed:
    Basiically my blood test showed i do have a high level of estrogen and a low level of testosterone which i think is fantastic :yippe:
    My gp thinks she would like to investigate the cause incase there is any underlying health problem that is causing this, she syas that there is no doubt this has caused my boobs to grow and the rest not to develop as nomally again i feel this is great news more estrogen = bigger boobs and smaller thingy all seems good to me:)
    Thankfully she agrees that it is not her decision to diagnos Gender Dysphoria and that it could well just be a coincidence.
    I was hoping to get refered to a specalist Pyschiatrist straight away but that did not happen she wants me to go back yet again in another month she has then promised to refer me (i hope she keeps her promise) if i still want to go down that road :banghead:
    She was impresed with how i have been spending time and going out as Louise and said there was obviously no problem with me living that role as i looked like a typical teenage girl :blush:
    So thats it really another month then i hope to be refered and on the assesment programme which takes about 6 months so nothing is going to happen just yet.
  • Options
    Ahh Louise! I am in love with your outfits!! Seriously *jeslous face* The belt sounds espacially lovely... I am stuck at school in the green jumpers!
    Hope everything goes well, let us know.
    Xx
    P.S. What shops do your clothes come from?

Thanks but you have nothing to be jealous of i promise.
    I get a lot of my stuff from Top Shop , River island . Boohoo and ASOS but i am not a clothes snob i often used get bits in peacocks or george as their changing rooms were easy to use because they sold men and womens things,i still like george mainly for undies they have really prety ranges and sooo cheap, but now i love the high street just looking around and trying things on but i guess mostly Top shop or online it would be Boohoo. (Plus my sisters wardrobe)
  • Options
    That is great Louise :) At least you know things are going to happen. I think they can't refer you on straight away because don't they have to see you're serious? I know that you know you are, but the doctor doesn't live your life and I think they just have to understand first.

Remember to keep us updated, and to keep posting. I really think it's fabulous you are comfortable with who you are, it isn't whats on the outside that counts. It's how you feel inside, that's what I think anyway. As someone else said, look back at your old posts, you've done really well.
    Xx
  • Options
    Top Shop
    Akk! The top shop near me is rubbish. But there was a very cute set of "rubber duck" style earings I was tempted to buy...
    Xx
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    That proves you really are a girl, Louise. What (straight) guy would consider what to wear as a dilemma when going to see the doctor? :heart::) :thumb:

Wow i think that is my first sexist comment :) Thanks for that you have made my day i will treasure it lol.
    Off to walk past a couple of building sites now :flirt:
  • Options
    Hi Louise,

Just a message of support from South London. I have had difficulty with my gender growing up and at times still do... I guess I have figured for me at least, that my gender is fluid. I feel neither male, nor female, but whilst I occasionally bind my breasts, I don't feel I'd like surgery or hormones.

have you heard of Kate Bornstein? She writes for young transgendered and gender fluid people and is a trans activist.

Her blog

Youtube vid of her here (not safe for work)

I can recommend you a book, but some of the chapters can be sexually explicit. It explores gender identity and fluidity. Pomosexuals

If you're based in London, I can recommend you some places which do events friendly of all genders. Some may be 18+ events however.
  • Options
    I spoke to my dad today, i wanted to explain to him what was happening and why i needed to do this, things have been going well for me i really thought i could talk him round i really thought he might care just a little about me.
    His attitude has not changed one bit since i was younger he hated me then and he still does, he told me that if i went any further with this then we were finished for ever there would be no way back and he would never acknowlegdge me again.:crying:
    He syas he can put up with me "dressing up" now and again but says i should realise that i am sick and need to get help to straighten out my head.
    All i am doing is disgusting all the family and close friends and he doesnt want it spreading further.
    Then he starts on mum slagging her off saying its her fault for not stopping this years ago when it started, he is such an ignorant dick.
    For first time in months he has put doubts in my head am i being selfish and hurting everyone i care about, maybe i need to move away and do this on my own.
    I wanted to say "well fuck off cause i hate you to, you have never been there for me so why do i care what you think."
    But as usual i back down because im to emotinal and would just cry and in truth i do care what he thinks still its to late now he has hurt to much so thats that.
    Sorry just a rant !
  • Options
    I'm sorry your dad isn't happy, but when it comes down to it, that's not your problem.