Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am i a boy or girl?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its not my problem no, but what im doing is affecting everyone around me, is it fair to put others through this just so that i am able to feel comfortable with myself.
    What if this eats away at the relationship between dad and my sister will she end up having to take sides.
    Christ why me, why the hell couldnt i just be normal.
    At the end of the day i dont feel i have a choice even now i get so frustrated i feel like im going to burst sometimes.
    Other people deal with these feelings they even have families etc and deal with the feelings all their lifes if they are that strong why not me.
  • Options
    Sorry im just tired, pissed off and emotional (sounds like the time of month lol i should be so lucky ) i guess i knew this was going to happen sooner or later.
    I just need to get some sleep and focus myself
    The only people i need are those that are left when i finish my journey, as they are the only ones who truely love me.
    I do feel a little selfish but you know what, i know i would stand by anybody i cared about no matter what so perhaps it s not to much to ask.
  • Options
    You've let him know what's going on, you've been honest with him. He wants you to be happy with yourself as you are- well I'm sure that's true for you too.

But his anger, that's not to do with you, that's for his selfish reasons.

It will be awkward for your sister, but it shouldn't be a big problem, unless he chooses to make it into one - and he probably wont do that because he stands to lose more than he can possibly gain.
  • Options
    I actually feel much better this morning, im in a better frame of mind and i am focused on what i need to do day by day until i get to my goal.
    If i could just get the frustration and desperation out of my thought process i could probably settle down and accept the long wait ahead.
    Mondays are always a bit tough though.
    I was'nt going to add to this thread again im sure you are all bored by now.
    I had intended to just join in the other posts and debates and not say anything about this until i was on an assement programme, but i needed to tell someone last night how i felt.
  • Options
    Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi there Louise, :wave:

Been following this thread and I just wanted to say you seem very self-aware. You're obviously very worried about how you're going to affect other people, like your sister, with the decision you're making. I just wanted to say I think this kind of awareness of other people is to be congratulated, especially when you're obviously going through a tough time yourself. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Hi Louise, I just wanted to say that I have a lot of respect for you. Your courage to do this is amazing and I want you to remember that you're a strong and amazing person for doing this!

I also really respect your mum! She sounds really awesome for helping you through this. Keep posting, I really am enjoying your story, it's made me smile :)

Try not to worry about your dad, he isn't worth your time, he's a wanker.

We're all here for you :)

Do any of your friends know yet? How are they reacting?
  • Options
    Thanks again guys your messages always lift me up :)
    I dont always feel good about myself and what im putting my family through but i really have no choice, i have my reasons and thoughts sorted in my head and although i cant seem to explain how strong the need is to some people i no longer feel i have to justify it, know that sounds selfish but its really not my fault i am a girl and thats all there is to it.
    I dont really have to many friends i tend to be a bit of a loner for obvious reasons, there is one girl i have always been close to and she has always supported me and always known that i was diffrent, i guess when i start living fulltime as Louise i will get more negative comments but i may even move to a new area i dont yet i just think it might be easier to be somewhere were no one knows.
    My mum is awesome she has always been there for me and apart from the early days when she really did try to stop me she has been amazing, when she understood that the feelings i had were so deep she just accepted the situation and has done all she can to help but also been so discrete about it.
    My dad is truely a dick im afaraid he always has been and i have never had much to do with him i did try one last time to get through to him but he is a closed book.
    My sister has been great to although sometimes she can get carried away and sometimes trys to hard to make me feel like one of the girls but she is so sweet and i love her for it.
    Things are moving along but slowly but i realise i am so much luckier than a lot of girls in my position so i just try to be patient and do as i am told.
    I am just about to start a three week period of living as Louise 24/7 a few days of which we will be away from home so i am very very excited about that, today cant go quick enough lol.
  • Options
    best of luck louise! :)
  • Options
    Hey Louise,
    Just thought I'd post this http://www.bbc.co.uk/switch/slink/sexlovelife/reallife/boyfriend-was-born-a-girl.shtml#1

I know it's a completly differnt situation to the one you are in, but I thought it might be nice for you to read it. Even gave me abit of a confidence bost!
    Xx
  • Options
    Thats an amazing story BA it just shows you how love can overcome anything and how fucked up this society really is when we have to fit in our "normal" box's to be treated like humans.
    I dont know if its fear, ignorance or just blind hatred but stories like that really give me hope for the future.
  • Options
    I watched a doco on tv recently based on kids who are obviously gay from a very young age (or something like that), and there was one kid who's room was so girly, he dressed up like a girl etc but the sad thing was, his parents just couldn't really accept it - they were trying to, but still saying things like "why can't he be normal" etc. He was bullied at school and the town they lived in was heavily religious so the whole family was scathed upon and I just thought how much that sucks. If the parents cared (which they had started to understand more by the end of the show), they would move areas for their son.

So Louise, your dad may be being a right prick, but your mum is being awesome, and at least you don't live in southern america (I don't think you do anyway!).
  • Options
    Well i have just spent two weeks living as Lou 24/7 and i have one more week before i have to return to college.
    The past weeks have been fantastic for me i have settled into being Lou and it all feels so normal and natural now i have never been so happy and content actually going out and interacting with other people who just assume i am a young woman has been great.
    I have had a few days away with my mum and sister and it was such fun just the best time ever.
    I am worried now though about returning to college, i really am not sure that i am strong enough to go back to my "normal" life the thought of having to become a boy again is depressing to say the least.
    I finish my A levels in the summer and if i get the results i had hoped to take a year out to get some money together and really concentrate on being able to live as a woman full time before going to uni (if that will even be possible ?)
    But i kind off feel now that i might just leave and get a job at least then i will be happy and not struggling with revision as well as emotions.
    The trouble is i just dont know how long this will take i could get on a assesment programme next month or it could be next year but until that happens i have no timescale and cant make plans or even look forward to anything positive happening.
    Still on the plus side i have another week so i intend to make the most of the sunshine
  • Options
    Who is Lou? Is it your black jazz playing alter ego?

:D sorry, couldn't resist.

Maybe a bit offtopic, but do you dig girls or dudes? (not asking out of interest, mind.)
  • Options
    Haha yes well i cant play a note so i would probably do well in a jazz band :cool:

I have always been attracted to females but lately i have started to notice men in a diffrent way im not sure why but the more i live as Louise the stronger that conection seems to become, right now i love the idea of having a boyfriend not really for a sexual reason but just to kind of make me feel complete i like the idae of someone to hold hands with and put a strong arm around me.
    I can certainly see and appreciate a good looking man now, maybe its just in my mind but i feel diffrent now than i did a couple of months ago.
    Have you ever seen the Michael Buble video where the girl is laying on the bed with him well that actually made me jealous of her i really would have liked to have been that girl :D
    I dont really want to have a realationship with either sex at the moment though as i cant experiance it as i am meant to i want to wait.
  • Options
    Louise, just a thought... Because you don't want to wear boys clothes again, when you go to uni maybe you could wear a girls top with a jumper over it? That might help. Or, maybe not a jumper considering it is getting quite hot now, you could wear a girl strap top under a T-shirt? That way, no body will see if you don't want them to but you will still be wearing the clothes you like :)
    Xx
  • Options
    everyone interested in this thread should watch this movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119590/

it's one of my fave movies of all time
  • Options
    I thought you were going to post the human centipede.
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    But i kind off feel now that i might just leave and get a job at least then i will be happy and not struggling with revision as well as emotions.

It's a shame you can't be home schooled. A good education is important regardless of gender and once you start working and earning a salary, its very difficult to take up the discipline of studies again. I would say that if you are going to live the life of Louise for the rest of your life, another year or so at college is a small price to pay for setting yourself up for a rewarding career in the future.

It's shame that you don't live near Taunton. I found this story rather heartwarming :

http://theangels.co.uk/2010/04/head-teacher-asks-students-to-support-sex-change-employee/

You may like to contact Emma. Anything that you are going through now, she has no doubt gone through already.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »

It's shame that you don't live near Taunton.

Honestly does Louise not have enough problems?! :p

I have nothing of any substance to add, but read this thread and have to say i think you're handling this very maturely :D
  • Options
    dusty wrote: »
    Honestly does Louise not have enough problems?! :p

Actually, you're right! :impissed:
  • Options
    What's wrong with Taunton?!
    Plus, Louise, if you wanted to talk to this Emma, I might be able to contact her for you, I know some of the media staff there.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    What's wrong with Taunton?!

Haha! Nothing really ... but it's not as good as Plymouth or Exeter. :)
  • Options
    I live in Plymouth and Taunton..so I have it good both ways :)
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    I live in Plymouth and Taunton..so I have it good both ways :)

Oh come visit me! :)
  • Options
    Oh come visit me! :)

Haha, sure. Where do you live?
  • Options
    Half way. Exeter! :)
  • Options
    Half way. Exeter! :)

Well of course then :)
  • Options
    Louise, just a thought... Because you don't want to wear boys clothes again, when you go to uni maybe you could wear a girls top with a jumper over it? That might help. Or, maybe not a jumper considering it is getting quite hot now, you could wear a girl strap top under a T-shirt? That way, no body will see if you don't want them to but you will still be wearing the clothes you like :)
    Xx

Its not really just about the clothes its hard to to explain but its a feeling of normality, contentment and really just a mindset that i have developed lately. I actually feel calmer and more emotionally aware i cant put it into words except to say i feel feminine and i dont want to lose that.
    The clothes and make up etc are of course very important and a big part of the real me, i often wear strapy tops under a shirt, girl boxers and jeans etc it keeps me sane but its not enough even dressing fully 24/7 is not enough i am a girl and i want the body i am meant to have more than anything.
    Your so kind and thoughtful B A and i thank you so much for that x
  • Options
    It's a shame you can't be home schooled. A good education is important regardless of gender and once you start working and earning a salary, its very difficult to take up the discipline of studies again. I would say that if you are going to live the life of Louise for the rest of your life, another year or so at college is a small price to pay for setting yourself up for a rewarding career in the future.

It's shame that you don't live near Taunton. I found this story rather heartwarming :

http://theangels.co.uk/2010/04/head-teacher-asks-students-to-support-sex-change-employee/

You may like to contact Emma. Anything that you are going through now, she has no doubt gone through already.

I know your right and i probably will find the strentgh to go back deep down i know its my best chance of good future and i would be stupid to throw it away with just a few months to go.
    I know theangels site its a great place with lots of inspiring people it has given me the strength to go on before when i was really low, a lot of people are no where near as fortunate as me and that is what i must remember when i start feeling sorry for myself.
  • Options
    Hi Louise

I can understand what your going through, a few months ago I came out as trans, female to male, but had been going through a lot of issues with my gender before I realised that and became comfortable with it. No one can tell you what gender you are, only you can, but experimenting with clothes, names, pronouns can really help you come to a decision. But rememner you don have to be either gender, I know quite a few people whi see theself as gender queer, also not every trans person is the same, some want surgery and hormones some only one or the other, some neither, just a name and pronoun change and you shoudl go with whatever is right and comfortable to you, there is no test of how trans you are by what treatment you want, everyone is different.
    If you want to talk about anything feel free to send me a PM, I've been through a lot with gender stuff and sometimes having someone to talk to who understands is great.
    Take care, Oliver