Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can someone please please help me?!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    a bit wrong?
  • Options
    a bit wrong?

Exactly - understatement of the century.
  • Options
    How are you today, Amilie?
  • Options
    a bit wrong?
    So you have never said soemthing in anger that you didnt mean?
  • Options
    So you have never said soemthing in anger that you didnt mean?

There's momentary anger and then there's calling his own girlfriend a cheap slut presumably for sleeping with him when he wasn't using protection :confused: it's like his first reaction was to absolve himself of any responsibility rather than accept the situation or accept his role in it....
  • Options
    Meryn wrote: »
    There's momentary anger and then there's calling his own girlfriend a cheap slut presumably for sleeping with him when he wasn't using protection :confused: it's like his first reaction was to absolve himself of any responsibility rather than accept the situation or accept his role in it....

This.

It's akin to burying his head in the sand = it will go away.
  • Options
    Hey everyone.
    I had to talk to my year head today, in a meeting that went on two hours. But it was really good to speak to someone who wasn't closely involved. She said that no matter what I decided to do, there was always going to be a place for me at this school. She has referred me to the school counselor and i might talk to her.
    Loads of people have found out at school already though. And I am guessing that may have something to do with my "boyfriend" as his mates have been spitting at me all day. Funny...he wasn't in school. Most of my friends dont want to know anymore, and called me scum and a slag.
    And it sounds so stupid and I know I'm not and it is in my head etc but i feel fat already :S which is impossible surely?
  • Options
    Loads of people have found out at school already though. And I am guessing that may have something to do with my "boyfriend" as his mates have been spitting at me all day. Funny...he wasn't in school. Most of my friends dont want to know anymore, and called me scum and a slag.

Wow - you tend to forget just how nasty teenagers can be as you get older. Here is a timely reminder.

I am just amazed at the reactions of these people, and do feel for you. The fact that you're the one in the wrong... It's not like you got pregnant by yourself FFS.
  • Options
    Haa, yeah I know. One of my friends is being amazing. I don't really know tbh :S
    I feel so confused.
  • Options
    Haa, yeah I know. One of my friends is being amazing. I don't really know tbh :S
    I feel so confused.

Such a shame - ALL your friends should be there for you. You've not done anything wrong, bar being a bit daft and not using contraception.

*despairs*

Are you absolutely 100% sure you want to go through with the pregnancy?
  • Options
    Err I would say very draft personally. But I can't turn time back and change events. Sure I regret it.
    No I'm not 100%. One minute I want to, the next I am freaking out about how I will cope.
    And I do really worry about how I will cope. If I do keep the baby, something could go wrong, I could get depression. And I think more than anything this scares me. I think I said in another thread, but I have been really unhappy before, not knowing what to do. If I kept this baby something could go wrong and it could be taken into care etc and then what?
    That was a massive ramble of nonesense. I think I have just realised how scared I now am.
  • Options
    Just to be clear - I wasn't having a pop at you for being a bit daft. I was just saying that it is all you did wrong, and you can be sure that almost all of your 'friends' will have cocked up at some point as well, so they're likely to be being very hypocritical, and that you don't deserve this treatment. Wankers.

I'm not surprised you're scared. As people have said, whatever happens, the decision is yours. I think taking a good bit of time so look at the bigger picture is very wise with regards to how you will cope: financially, if you have a genuine support network etc. How you see the future etc.

I feel that you are very young for this, and that it will change your life completely. I'm sure you're more than aware of this. I don't think it's often a case of 'are you ready for it' when you're in this situation...
  • Options
    Hi huni how are you?just remember its your body your decision and your body wil be going through alot changes i had bump from 8weeks with both my two girls how far are you?
  • Options
    Godddd, I haven't got as far as finances. I do know for a fact that if I do keep this baby then I will not being living on benefits. My life plan will chance, but I will still pass my exams, hopefully go to college and I hope uni too. Maybe I am being naive here.
    It sounds stupid but everyone is expecting me to have the answers already. I only found out yesterday and i haven't thought about anything else but that doesn't mean I know what I want.

And I think 8 weeks. The nurse at the doctors talked to me yesterday and said that the baby was due at the end of September. But I will find out more when I have a scan. ARGGH. the date of contraception is stuck in my brain.
  • Options
    Oh yeah I forgot to say, I am meeting with my boyfriends parents on Sunday. I told my mum and she said that she doesn't want to come because she will end up saying things she will regret.
    And she has spoken to my dad (who lives in France, they are divorced) and he spoke to me and said that I would be throwing my life away if i kept it, and that it would be the biggest mistake I ever make.
    :S
  • Options
    Amilie - do you have someone who could join you on Sunday? Meeting a boyfriend's parents is hard enough, I think it would be a good idea to have someone by your side and can act as an advocate for you - you don't know what they're going to say to you or how they're going to be around you. I don't want to make it sound like 'a woman in your condition,' but you're a young person in a vulnerable situation - you don't know what your boyfriend has said to them, please don't go by yourself.
  • Options
    ^^ I agree with the above.
  • Options
    Me three - if you can't find an adult to advocate for you on sunday then i would rearrange it and ask if the school councillor will mediate for you. You need an adult who will be neural and on your side and not let them bully you.

I've some more to type but i'm out now

x
  • Options
    I don't know. The more I think about it, the more I want to have this meeting at school, with someone like my tutor or year head there. It is pathetic, I am too scared to ring their house because of my boyfriend. I don't want to speak to him right now, it was bad enough at school today and him screaming across the playground that I was a tart who slept around and that I was only saying that the baby was his because I can't remember who else I have slept with. This isn't true! He was the only one! I don't want to be viewed like that. I can't focus on anything. My year head won't let me be in proper lessons because of how people are treating me. I know that I have been stupid and should have used protection etc, but I didn't. We didn't. But so many other girls get pregnant so why are people being like this? I don't want things to be like this, maybe if I wasn't here then it would be easier. I wouldn't have to decide what to do. And everyone can say what they want, because I wouldnt have to hear.
  • Options
    I think you should ask your school if they would be willing to assist you in meeting with your boyfriends parents and at the same time ask if they are going to do anything about how the rest of the children are reacting and about your boyfriends bad behaviour because its really unacceptable.

Also I know that you haven't decided what to do but in case noone has told you yet you should go to the chemist and get some folic acid to take as this is really important. You also might want to invest in some streach mark cream as a preventative measure as well - the theory being it probably doens't prevent all streach marks but it cant' do any harm to slap it on and the sooner you start the better.
  • Options
    Well today was an interesting one. I woke up and was feeling like complete crap. I felt really dizzy and my stomach felt odd. But I went to school and during the morning I felt worse and worse. I was talking to my year head at break and somehow passed out. I came round more or less straight away but my year head took me to hospital. Everything is ok and it was because of stress and exhaustion.
    But I had a scan, and I couldn't look at the screen. It made it all seem to real. I can't pretend that this is a bad dream anymore.
  • Options
    Well today was an interesting one. I woke up and was feeling like complete crap. I felt really dizzy and my stomach felt odd. But I went to school and during the morning I felt worse and worse. I was talking to my year head at break and somehow passed out. I came round more or less straight away but my year head took me to hospital. Everything is ok and it was because of stress and exhaustion.
    But I had a scan, and I couldn't look at the screen. It made it all seem to real. I can't pretend that this is a bad dream anymore.

Hi hun how are you now?.How far are you?.And are you sure it's what you want?
  • Options
    8 weeks. I am due on the 30th September.
    I don't know anymore. I thought I knew what I wanted, but I am even more scared now.
  • Options
    I don't know anymore. I thought I knew what I wanted, but I am even more scared now.

I was due 24september with my first had her 5week early.It sounds like you really really need to think about it and your options are still avalible.If it not the right time in your life and youre not sure you can still do something x p.m me anytime x
  • Options
    ((hugs))

what do you think you want to do?

I really feel for you.

Ive got 3 children, but ive also had an abortion before when I was around your age. Its not an easy decision to have to make. If you want to get anything off your chest or have a chat, or even want some advice, please PM me.
  • Options

Do you have anyone you can talk to about this?
  • Options
    I am talking to my year head and tutor. I'm not in all my lessons at the moment and my year head doesnt want me in any lessons tomorrow. And my mum is calming down a bit now and we are starting to talk.
    If I wasn't pregnant I would chose this moment to get majorly drunk and as I never drink that won't be hard. No worries, I am not going to get hammered.
    This is such a mess.
  • Options
    Hey,

I hope you feel ok today. Its a big thing contemplating having a new life inside you and what to do. I had an abortion just after I turned 17 so I know exactly how it feels.

It sounds to me that you have a really supportive family which is fantastic. Regarding the so called friends of yours and the ones of your boyfriend please just ignore them one day they will be older and wiser but for now they obviously need to get some life experience under their belts. If you feel you want someone there to support you when you your boyfriends parents then I would ask a relative or older close friend you can trust to go along with you.

Regarding the baby, I know it seems a huge thing that you are deciding and you are right to think so, but as long as you are positive about whatever you choose to do you will be just fine. My friend got pregnant at 18 and decided to keep her baby she now has a teenager, a pre-teen and a young toddler and still has a life and friends. I don't have any children yet, through choice, and I feel fine too. There are moments when I think about what happened in the past but I know for me it was the right thing to do.

Whatever you decide to do dont let anyone else try to change your mind. Life can throw suprises at us all, sometimes they can be the best thing that ever happened to us.
  • Options
    If I wasn't pregnant I would chose this moment to get majorly drunk

My first reaction to finding out i was pregant for the first time was to drink a bottle of vodka - i think that confirmed to me that i wasnt' ready to become a mother - so i think your handling this far more maturely than i did.

I'm so glad that your mum is talking to you - hopefully you can work out together what is best for you - I didn't tell my parents when i found out and still dont' know if that was the right thing or not....

big hugs like nearly everyone else has said PM me if you want to chat more
  • Options
    Wow have you been fast forwarded into the adult world! Okay, I had a termination at 24. then when I did want a baby, I miscarried at 8 weeks! God was punishing me I thought! Still no kids now I'm mid 30's. Of course the decision is up to you, but now that your mum is getting over the shock ( which is natural) she may more supportive. Of course the dad will probably be shocked too, but it passes. How many weeks are you? you will need to decide soon, all the organs are formed by 12 weeks, so please don't leave it go that far if you are not keeping him/her. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.