Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kate McCann will be formally declared a suspect by the Portuguese police

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not gonna starrt potinging fingers like til i knbo for certain.

Imagine if you were accused for the death of your own daaughter adnd knew it wasn't yupu!!!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6985454.stm

I suppose if they let them go they're not "really" suspects.
  • Options
    Why is it that there's been so much publicity in the media about this case, yet 1000s of children go missing each year (and adults as well) and they're only usually mentioned in the local papers?
  • Options
    Because there aren't thousands of children who go missing every year? There are many kids who are older, eg teenagers, who run away for a night or two and are generally staying at a friends. That's in a completely different league to a small child going missing, which is very rare.
  • Options
    especially small white female child!
  • Options
    Most aren't taken from their rooms...
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I'm not gonna starrt potinging fingers like til i knbo for certain.

Imagine if you were accused for the death of your own daaughter adnd knew it wasn't yupu!!!

You'll need to be able to point your fingers at the correct keys on your keyboard before then anyway ... :lol:
  • Options
    it seems the mccann's have returned to the uk. does anyone know if they had been back before?
  • Options
    Well, does anyone else think that the mother has a pretty bod for a 39 year old? Sorry but it had to be said, someone else must of noticed.

Ohhh i've totally been thiking that all along - see there is some hope for me afterall - maybe i will just get incredibly thin after child birth - thoguh I think that is highly unlikely judging from all my relatives (err not that i'm pregnant).
  • Options
    pinkscarf wrote: »
    it seems the mccann's have returned to the uk. does anyone know if they had been back before?
    Not according to the Guardian.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Ohhh i've totally been thiking that all along - see there is some hope for me afterall - maybe i will just get incredibly thin after child birth - thoguh I think that is highly unlikely judging from all my relatives (err not that i'm pregnant).

maybe she wears spanx?
  • Options
    maybe she wears spanx?

Maybe, although my 38-y-o wife (and mother of three) is back wearing her size eight clothes...

Without dieting.

Cow :(

Although sexy cow :naughty:
  • Options
    Although sexy cow :naughty:

Get a room! ;)
  • Options
    Got a whole house mate... :D
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    You'll need to be able to point your fingers at the correct keys on your keyboard before then anyway ... :lol:

:lol: Classic
  • Options
    Because she was the last one to see her alive I think.
  • Options
    There's been some sort of meeting going on today between the Leictershire council adn social services.
  • Options
    no, i think one of their friends was thhe lastone to check on her before she went missing
  • Options
    I think the friend went in the apartment but not into the room the kids were in, strangely enough.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    It's none of our business what has happened to Madeleine. It's something for the parents and the family.
    I beg to differ. Whilst I understand that you are referring to the media sticking its nose in too much, it's a dangerous thing to say. A child's welfare is everybody's business.
  • Options
    It's not blood they found in the car, just some dna, like a strand of hair off the teddy bear she carries or something.

I can't imagine that standing up in court, tbh.
  • Options
    Got a whole house mate... :D

With 3 kids in it if i'm not mistaken!
  • Options
    It's not blood they found in the car, just some dna, like a strand of hair off the teddy bear she carries or something.

But Kate McCann washed the teddy bear ("Cuddle Cat", isn't it?) so the likelihood of there still being a hair on there is minimal.

The way I have been lead to understand it is that they found two different types of her DNA - second party, which is probably from something which belongs to her or something, and her ACTUAL DNA which could only have come from her.

TBH, I think the McCanns are fucked.
  • Options
    It's possible the DNA could have come from one of the twins, as sibling DNA is very similar, and the sample they've found isn't very good. It is odd that they found it under the carpet in the boot of the car though :chin:
  • Options
    It's possible the DNA could have come from one of the twins, as sibling DNA is very similar, and the sample they've found isn't very good. It is odd that they found it under the carpet in the boot of the car though :chin:
    Did they really?! I didn't know that bit.

In which case, they really ARE fucked, aren't they?!
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6988485.stm At the end of the page it explains about the sibling DNA being similar. I can't find the story that said about where it was found, because there are so many damn stories about it!
  • Options
    I ask again: If they were really suspects, would the police have let them leave the country? Now even if they find a video of them killing the kid, they won't be able to do anything about it.
  • Options
    They can be recalled to Portugal at 5 days notice, and the prosecutor can put other restrictions on them if needs be, I think.
  • Options
    They can be recalled to Portugal at 5 days notice, and the prosecutor can put other restrictions on them if needs be, I think.
    Is that so? I was under the impression that if you leave the country that you committed a crime in, they can't do anything to you unless you re-enter it.
  • Options
    It is odd that they found it under the carpet in the boot of the car though :chin:

Hair gets everywhere though.