Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kate McCann will be formally declared a suspect by the Portuguese police

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6982969.stm

why would the police even suspect the mother of anything?

this beginning to sound more like a plot of a suspense novel

Comments

• Options
    Well they have questioned her about blood traces found in a hire car, 25 days after maddy's disappearing act.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Well they have questioned her about blood traces found in a hire car, 25 days after maddy's disappearing act.

Did they? I missed that. Do you have a link to the story?
  • Options
    Well the family and friends of anyone who is murdered are always considered suspects, it's pretty rare that strangers commit crimes.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »

I literally just watched it on BBC News 24 on the tv
  • Options
    The BBC has learnt that the move was linked to bloodstains allegedly found in Kate and Gerry McCann's hire car.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6982969.stm
  • Options
    Erm I dunno, listening to their interviews they do seem pretty distraught. If it was them, then they're doing a bloody good job of covering it up. I don't think they did personally.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Erm I dunno, listening to their interviews they do seem pretty distraught. If it was them, then they're doing a bloody good job of covering it up. I don't think they did personally.

I've no idea really but playing the distraught parents is a pretty good cover up espeically if i you get the pope on your side.

I dunno though tbh its all a bit mad - who knows...........
  • Options
    It's a bit strange that it's just her and not her husband.
  • Options
    the husband is going in for interview at 2pm today, they are interviewing them seperately. i'm thinking they are hoping one of them cracks.

ive said for weeks that there is something just not right about this couple, im sure its not murder, but they maybe covering something up.

there are rumours circulating that Kate is expected to be charged with something shortly....

eta: if it does turn out to be them, do people who donated to the cause get their money back? they are gonna get so bummed if they are involved, in all senses.
  • Options
    Gerry McCann is being interviewed today I think. After they have been questioned again they will return to being "witnesses", their only suspects because there are questions that are only allowed to be asked to suspects.
  • Options
    I think it would be strange if her parents were involved in her disappearance because, surely, they would have seemed a bit uptight at the dinner they were attending when she disappeared? They'd BOTH have to be pretty cruel bastards to remain unaffected while everyone (presumably) were laughing and having a good time.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote: »

D'oh! Dnam dsylixeia!!! :blush:
  • Options
    Well judging by the sky news story they are looking at accidental death - which would suggest an accident that was covered up. However there's nothing to say anyone is actually going to be charged yet

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1283158,00.html
  • Options
    Kate McCann is actually a suspect now.

I predicted this would happen. I went to Prai De Luz in June and we know English people out there and there was loads of gossip going around.
  • Options
    i bet she doesnt get the same disgusting treatment that Robert Murat got.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote: »
    i bet she doesnt get the same disgusting treatment that Robert Murat got.

Who's that ?
  • Options
    I said it from the start! Both doctors - easily drugged, body hidden somewhere, picked up 25 days later and dumped in the sea with bricks... husband knows nothing about it - although will no doubt be charged with accessory to murder.
  • Options
    Who's that ?

the last big suspect they had who got hounded by the press for ages......??? keep up!
  • Options
    Who's that ?

The british guy that they declared a suspect at the start, probably just to make it look like they were getting somewhere.

So it looks like there was an accident when they were left alone and it's been covered up? I wouldn't be surprised tbh, there's been something odd about this right from the start. It just seemed too well done and the media coverage was a bit OTT.
  • Options
    Before people continue to act like idiots - we're just as liable as anywhere else - so do me a favour and don't talk as if this is fact. (that's mainly directed at earlier comments)
  • Options
    Its good theyre exploring all avenues, and hope they get whoever did it. I wouldnt be surprised if the parents were involved although its a horrible thought, as Jim said, most cases of abuse and suchlike happen within the family unfortunately so i think its pretty normal that the parents are suspects. Doesnt mean they are guilty, but they have to ask questions obviously
  • Options
    BritJamez wrote: »
    I said it from the start! Both doctors - easily drugged, body hidden somewhere, picked up 25 days later and dumped in the sea with bricks... husband knows nothing about it - although will no doubt be charged with accessory to murder.

The police reckon that the kids were routinely sedated at bedtime and the McCann's refused to have the twins urine tested? Any way, what is the craziest thing is how they or whoever took her out of the flat got the body out and got rid of it without a trace.
  • Options
    Got a link for the routinely sedated comment?
  • Options
    There is something here about it but the bit I read was in The Sun about a week ago.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/16538/McCanns:-We-did-not-give-our-children-medication
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    but the bit I read was in The Sun about a week ago.

No wonder, sounds like complete bollocks to me.
  • Options
    Well I just had a look as well, and what I can see in the Sun is them saying they didn't ever drug their children, and threatening to sue the newspaper that claimed they did. Repeating hearsay and half remembered stories doesn't make something fact, and if you describe it as fact you're committing libel and we'd be the ones getting sued.
  • Options
    None of this is to say that isn't what happened - but people need to be careful how they post, and make it clear if 'they think this happened' or have a theory.
  • Options
    BritJamez wrote: »

Wow - active imagination! At least give them a chance at being found innocent before smearing them with non-substantiated accusations of guilt. Yes, they had PLENTY of time to lose the police, journos, etc hounding them every minute of the day to take time out to dispose of a decomposing body. Unless you think Maddy's little siblings were involved??? Sheeesh! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Wow - active imagination! At least give them a chance at being found innocent before smearing them with non-substantiated accusations of guilt. Yes, they had PLENTY of time to lose the police, journos, etc hounding them every minute of the day to take time out to dispose of a decomposing body. Unless you think Maddy's little siblings were involved??? Sheeesh! :rolleyes:

Well, it's the same as predicting a footy score.
    You can't see the future, but you can guess, according to previous results.
  • Options
    You know what really annoys me, is all the wannabe sleuth detectives, saying "I knew it from the start." FFS. Armchair Poirots!