Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kate McCann will be formally declared a suspect by the Portuguese police

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    squeal wrote: »
    Hair gets everywhere though.
    UNDER the carpet?!
  • Options
    It was blood they found in the boot, the DNA was in the main part of the car. Also though if the DNA does indeed belong to Madeleine, it is very odd that it was found under the carpet in the boot of a car that they only hired 25 days after she went missing.
  • Options
    But can you imagine the bodily secretions of a decomposing body? I would imagine they are very hard to contain and more fluid DNA would have been found.

And when would they do it anyway? Since the disappearance of Maddie, they have been followed continuously by the media. It would be a bit difficult to slip out of the house unnoticed, with a body under one's arm.

I fear the Portugese police are just desperate to draw attention away from their ineptitude.
  • Options
    I'm just repeating what I'v read online today, but like I said there are so many stories it's hard to know which ones are exaggerating it etc. As far as I recall they think they found blood in the boot under the carpet, and DNA in the main part of the car, but both of these samples have been damaged by cleaning/weren't strong in the first place. The sniffer dog that sniffs out where corpes have been (that the UK police brought over) was apparently going crazy when sniffing the car, and the keyfob for the car.

I've no idea whether the McCanns are responsible for the disappearance/death of Madeleine but the amount of press that has been following them makes it seem unlikely.
  • Options
    i read that the mccanns have hired or will hire the same lawyer, who represented pinochet [http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2419977.ece]. the mccanns are checking the legalities of whether they could take from the madeleinne fund to pay for the legal costs. if they were able to find a loophole, do you think its right for the mccanns to take from the madeleinne fund to pay for the lawyer to prevent them from getting extradited to portugal?
  • Options
    pinkscarf wrote: »
    i read that the mccanns have hired or will hire the same lawyer, who represented pinochet [http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2419977.ece]. the mccanns are checking the legalities of whether they could take from the madeleinne fund to pay for the legal costs. if they were able to find a loophole, do you think its right for the mccanns to take from the madeleinne fund to pay for the lawyer to prevent them from getting extradited to portugal?

I heard on the TV news that they said that under no account would they be using the 'Find Maddy' money as they want that money to continue searching for their daughter.
  • Options
    pinkscarf wrote: »
    I don't think they should. If they are not charged or found innocent in court they should then be allowed to take the money to cover the cost.

Just read on Sky news that they found bodily fluid and a significant amount of hair in the boot. But thinking about it seriously if they had moved her body they would have cleaned the boot and a 'significant' amount of hair wouldn't have been found.

As I'm sure has been mentioned before we know a tiny fraction of what is going on.
  • Options
    Some interesting reading ...

Madeleine McCann: the key questions

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2422967.ece
  • Options
    Do we really need to pick over "evidence" which has not actually been released and is purely media speculation?
  • Options
    The truth is that very little we 'know' about the case has actually come from the horse's mouth (Portuguese authorities) so everything is pure speculation.

That incidentally goes both ways and applies to the British press and sections of the public as well who have been so quick in reaching the conclusion the Portuguese police are a bunch of incompetent useless idiots who are actually trying to frame the McCanns because they have nothing else to hang on to. The old maxim ''everybody is guilty until proven British'' is alive and well amongst the gutter press, I see...

Time might reveal what really happened or of anyone is charged for this- or maybe we will never know.
  • Options
    My theory, they drugged the kids so they could go out, but gave maddy too much.
  • Options
    Based on what exactly?

My theory is that Lord Lucan has been grooming her via the internet and they have run away together to be with Gary Glitter...
  • Options
    My theory is that Lord Lucan has been grooming her via the internet and they have run away together to be with Gary Glitter...

Great minds think alike.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Teagan wrote: »
    Some interesting reading ...

Madeleine McCann: the key questions

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2422967.ece
    Why did Kate McCann cry out “They’ve taken her?” when she discovered Madeleine missing?
    I don't think this means anything. As far as I know "they've taken her" is another form of "she's been taken", i.e. "they" doesn't refer to anyone specifically.
  • Options
    I don't think this means anything. As far as I know "they've taken her" is another form of "she's been taken", i.e. "they" doesn't refer to anyone specifically.

Yeah but I agree with what the article said in that sense. If she shouted "they've taken her" it would imply that she knew who it was. If I was in her shoes my first reaction would be to say "someone" rather than "they've".
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Yeah but I agree with what the article said in that sense. If she shouted "they've taken her" it would imply that she knew who it was. If I was in her shoes my first reaction would be to say "someone" rather than "they've".
    Me too. I wouldn't shout "they've taken her", because it implies knowledge of who "they" are, whereas "she's been taken" or "someone's taken her" really doesn't.

Also - why was her immediate reaction that she'd been taken rather than going to see if she was anywhere else first?
  • Options
    I would say "they've", I might write "someone's" but it would be more natural for me to say "they've".
  • Options
    I'm sorry but basing even speculation on this whole "they've" / "someone's" etc. is a whole load of bullshit.
  • Options
    Guilt, blue, not just speculation...
  • Options
    just read about maddies hair being found in the car aswell they now have enough evidence to charge kate mc cann....not looking to good for her....if she did do it she is one twisted person....
  • Options
    its ok, they can use the fighting fund to get good defence lawyers
  • Options
    its ok, they can use the fighting fund to get good defence lawyers

:yes: its a fuckin joke....they should of been looked at from the start...
  • Options
    Did anybody else read that the Portugese head of investigation rejected all speculations that main suspicion is on the McCanns?
    I hate admitting this, but this whole story resembles a crime novel, and I am dying to know what actually happened.
    I really hope the parents will be found innocent, not so much cause I care about them, but because them being found guilty is in my opinion the saddest scenario of them all.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    Did anybody else read that the Portugese head of investigation rejected all speculations that main suspicion is on the McCanns?
    I hate admitting this, but this whole story resembles a crime novel, and I am dying to know what actually happened.
    I really hope the parents will be found innocent, not so much cause I care about them, but because them being found guilty is in my opinion the saddest scenario of them all.
    Yes, I read something like that, and I very much agree with you. I do really hope we get to find out what really happened to Maddie, and I hope the parents are found innocent. I believe they really are though.
  • Options
    ah exactly...WHY would you wash ur missing childs teddy that still has its scent on it? you'd want to keep it to treasure it wouldnt you? not wash away the smell. makes you wonder if she had something to wash away doesnt it...

Where does it say anything about washing the teddy?:confused:
    The evidence against them is a joke, the portugese police are just trying to pin it on them to get rid.

:yes:
  • Options
    Good to see the S*n adhering to the best journalistic principles of impartiality and level-headness...

Front page:

scumfrontpagewj1.jpg

Editorial:
    Back McCanns

WAS Maddie McCann abducted? Or were her parents Kate and Gerry responsible for their precious daughter?s death?

Today, even as we try to put ourselves in the shoes of Portuguese police, it is impossible to believe this tragic couple had anything to do with her loss.

How could they have caused her death, even accidentally, and then concealed her corpse and gone to dinner as if nothing had happened?

And kept up such a front for so many agonising weeks.

The Portuguese police hunt has been turned into a desperate attempt to push the blame elsewhere.

Those who have supported the McCanns for so long should not desert them now
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Where does it say anything about washing the teddy?:confused:

:yes:
    it's on the Times FAQ link. It does seem odd.
  • Options
    Would this be the wrong place to tell a little joke?

*decides it is. PM me if interested ;) *
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Good to see the S*n adhering to the best journalistic principles of impartiality and level-headness...

An editorial is not supposed to be impartial.
  • Options
    hmmm i like how people are starting to speculate that the portugese police are trying to frame her for it? why would this be? if like has been reported they have DNA, how would this be possible? and what about the part of the story where british scientists have had access to the DNA too?? hmmm

would people think it was a fit up if this crime had taken place over here? i dont think they would....

i'm still quite open to suggestion but from what ive read (albeit from UK press) i know where i currently stand in my mind, and personally if some of the stories are true about what the mccanns were actually up to on that holiday are true then they are a disgrace even if they didnt have anything to do with the dissapearance.

I dont really want to post on here what im refferring to, but if anyone has followed the story quite closely they may know what im on about.

certain "lifestyle choices" shall we say.