Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fucked my leg up just by stepping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I think yesterday or the day before I remember walking in town, steeping and a pian shooting up my leg.

Now it did obviously didn't last long as I was fine this morning and most of yesterday but now today, this morning. I was walking to work, put my leg down to step and big shooting pain in my right leg.

It goes all the way up but I feel more on the side of the knee and more weirdly, on the side of the arse.

It continued on as well, feeling it when I wolked and then oever so often a big shotting pain again.

Made me hobbliin, people walk round thought I was crippled or something.

I am still feeling it now.

Just a random pain for no reason.

Sorry guess I am ranthing there and not sure what anyone can say but as anyone else had soemthing like this?

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like you might have pinched/trapped a nevre in your leg.
  • Options
    damn.

do I need to do owt about it or will it fade?
  • Options
    I think in most cases it just sorts itself out, as it sometimes happens to me, but only for a short period of time, say a few hours.
  • Options
    Well thats good at least.

It hurt a fair bit and I couldn't walk properly. Annoyed the hell out of me.
  • Options
    The symptom is called sciatica. Can have causes as bad as a 'slipped disk', but most likely to be a pinched nerve. Do not lie down to make it do away! When I had this really bad I had muscle deterioration in my buttock! the one buttocked girl :( After trying many remodies including the 'walk it off' one I kept getting from med proffs, I discovered the TENNIS BALL therapy. WHat you do is:

Find the trapped nerve, mine was the piriformis in my buttock (sounds like yours too).

As long as it's not super tender (but a little pain never killed anyone), get a tennis ball, lie on your back on a hard surface.

Put tennis ball under trapped nerve and roll it an inch or so over the area.

Lie like that for a while. (you'll look cool, honest!)

Stretch the periformis muscle by strangely contorting your legs, or by leaning against a wall.

Voila! Fixed in a week after months of agony!

http://www.rice.edu/%7Ejenky/sports/piri.html

http://www.rice.edu/%7Ejenky/sports/piri.2.html

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/html/gym/general/middle/piriformis_stretch.html
  • Options
  • Options
    wow.

thanks.

Think I might look funny doing that in the office tho...

can't find a tennis ball at the mo either lol.

Ah well I'll get used to it I am sure. Just another one to add to the pain list.
  • Options
    went out at luch and it was stil bothering me, not as bad though.

sometimes it went away if I kind of had my weitght forward a bit.
  • Options
    if it is your priformis, you might find your calf muscle on that leg gets really short and tight, as well as the muscle under the arch of your foot (I did).
  • Options
    Not really sure.

I just feel it alot in the top part, top part of the theight and leg, right on the side.