Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

OMG Ghostly happenings last night.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As I've said a couple of times today, I went to a friends party last night.
Started off crashing upstairs in a crowded room, but none of us could get to sleep (inconsiderate rumpy-pumpy in the corner). So I took my bedding downstairs to sleep with my bf and a couple of mates. Everyone was still wide-awake, as we were all kinda uncomfortable.

About an hour after I came down, we all heard a massive amount of banging in the kitchen, through the hall. It sounded like cups being put down, and there were about 12-15 bangs in total, rangeing in intensity.

We all began squealing, so one of us got up, put the lights on, went into the hall, got freaked out, turned the lights off again and got back into her sleeping bag. Five seconds later, the lights go on and off by themselves about 3 times. And they work by dimmer switch, so it was really mad and shakey.

Anyway, none of us got a wink of sleep after that.
My friend says about once a month, one of her family sees something fly across the room aswell.

Needless to say, I'm home alone, so completely shitting myself right now. :nervous: :(

Comments

• Options
    i don't believe in ghosts or anything but friday night, me and my mum both got a strong whiff of my stepdads aftershave (that he never wears!) in one of the door ways. he's away working at the mo' so it's a bit weird. hmm.
  • Options
    i don't believe in ghosts or anything but friday night, me and my mum both got a strong whiff of my stepdads aftershave (that he never wears!) in one of the door ways. he's away working at the mo' so it's a bit weird. hmm.

oooh that reminds me of something my mate told me a while ago.
    apparently sometimes when she goes into her house in this ONE particular spot in the hallway there is a strong smell of fish. just this one spot. and when she moves out of it the smell instantly goes away. apparently an old fisherman lived in their house and died in the hallway :nervous: .. not sure if that part she said was to creep me out or if its true though

if i was you though i would be terrified!!! thank god nothing like thats ever happened to me
  • Options
    A car alarm just went off outside and I nearly cacked my pants! I had to ring my mum up and demand she come home as soon as possible.
    Thing I hate most is that I've got my back to the office door. I'm trying to listen to some cheerful music, but its not working.
  • Options
    the fear :nervous:
  • Options
    haha no i'm not scared, just curious!
  • Options
    i believe in ghosts. Before we lived here 3 old people lived here and the bathroom used to be a bedroom. A few years ago i was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and out of the corner of my eye i saw something by the toilet, so when i looked properly of course there was nothing there. Then straight away i felt someone walk behind me and out of the door...at the same time smelling cigarettes and no one in our house smokes.
    I asked my mum the next day and she told me 1 of the 3 died before they moved out and they all smoked.... :nervous:
  • Options
    anyone else seen amityville horror?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    FilthyChav wrote:
    As I've said a couple of times today, I went to a friends party last night.
    Started off crashing upstairs in a crowded room, but none of us could get to sleep (inconsiderate rumpy-pumpy in the corner). So I took my bedding downstairs to sleep with my bf and a couple of mates. Everyone was still wide-awake, as we were all kinda uncomfortable.

About an hour after I came down, we all heard a massive amount of banging in the kitchen, through the hall. It sounded like cups being put down, and there were about 12-15 bangs in total, rangeing in intensity.

We all began squealing, so one of us got up, put the lights on, went into the hall, got freaked out, turned the lights off again and got back into her sleeping bag. Five seconds later, the lights go on and off by themselves about 3 times. And they work by dimmer switch, so it was really mad and shakey.

Anyway, none of us got a wink of sleep after that.
    My friend says about once a month, one of her family sees something fly across the room aswell.

Needless to say, I'm home alone, so completely shitting myself right now. :nervous: :(
    Ooh! Get your friend to invite me over right now! :D

On another note:
    1. If the girl who went to check said nothing when she came back, how come you didn't ask?
    2. Maybe someone from the other room was playing a prank on you? Possible the girl from (1) was an accomplish.
  • Options
    Nah, everyone was back in bed when the lights were going off. And the only way to get to the lightswitch without us seeing is by the door next to it, which was closed.

She just went out into the hall, towards the kitchen, got the willies, squealed a bit, and got back into bed.
  • Options
    i believe in ghost but never had anything happen to me.
  • Options
    i believe in ghosts as well, saw one in my house before just going from one room to the next :-/
  • Options
    Sounds like some one was having some sex and got out of control rather then a ghost lol.
  • Options
    My house at uni was haunted. Sometimes it would be late at night and I'd hear loud banging noises coming from my housemate's room. And then lots of squeaking. And moans, oh the MOANS, they were so loud, like a girl just moaning and groaning. After a while the squeaking would stop and I'd think that it would all be over but then I'd hear the bedroom door slam, then the bathroom door would slam, then the taps would run for a bit, then more door slamming and finally it would all be over.

I never asked my friend about it because I felt sorry for him having to sleep in a scary, haunted room of ghouls and I didn't want to scare him. I'll tell you what though, I reckon it was all to do with bad spirits following his girlfriend because the haunting only seemed to happen when she was around.

Scary stuff :eek:
  • Options
    Brave Dave wrote:
    My house at uni was haunted. Sometimes it would be late at night and I'd hear loud banging noises coming from my housemate's room. And then lots of squeaking. And moans, oh the MOANS, they were so loud, like a girl just moaning and groaning. After a while the squeaking would stop and I'd think that it would all be over but then I'd hear the bedroom door slam, then the bathroom door would slam, then the taps would run for a bit, then more door slamming and finally it would all be over.

I never asked my friend about it because I felt sorry for him having to sleep in a scary, haunted room of ghouls and I didn't want to scare him. I'll tell you what though, I reckon it was all to do with bad spirits following his girlfriend because the haunting only seemed to happen when she was around.

I wish that would fit as post of the week :lol:
  • Options
    Are you sick and tired of sleepless nights? The thoughts of the undead lurking around your living quarters?
    Well be no more!

For a limited time only, you too can once again live in peace.

PM me now and recieve your very own Proton Pack for 4 easy payments of 39.99.

Make the creaking floors and open windows stop once and for all!

Just point, aim and pull the trigger. ALl of your problems have dissapeared.

But wait!! Call now and recieve a second Proton Pack absoutly free!!

Thats a 300 pound value for only 4 easy payments of 39.99. Call within the next 30 minutes and mention this ad and you can now have one to share with a friend.

Be their hero!

Plus 16.89 shipping and handeling. Visa, Mastercard and money orders accepted. Sorry, no personal checks. While supplies last. All purchases are final.
  • Options
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Brave Dave wrote:

haha, them having sex maybe?
  • Options
    yes i think he was joking... ;)
  • Options
    i was being sarcasticly stupid :p