Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    edited August 2023
    The fact I would rather be in hospital injured than live at home really speaks volumes about my parents, and the fact I've even went through with it too in the past
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,937 Master Poster
    6 days until I go back to school :frown:
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,286 Boards Champion
    Having to do schoolwork all day today. Really don't have the energy but I'm back to school on Wednesday and I've got shit tons of work to do
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,958 Extreme Poster
    I planned so many things I wish to do but I've lost all motivation again. Why can't I just live a normal life? Why can't I just be normal? :s
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Overwhelmed
  • Options
    Been doing schoolwork all day as well as dealing with some other things and I've only got one subject done it's so frustrating.
  • Options
    Finally finished one subject. So so drained but gotta do it again tmmr with another subject. The subject today had the "least" to do and it took me 6 hours. Dread to think how long the rest will
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,208 Community Veteran
    edited August 2023
    @Chloe234 that does sound like a lot of schoolwork to do, always here if you need any help with anything <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    There's so much I need to talk about but then I just dont have the energy to reply or write it.
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    Sending extra big hugs to those going back to school/ college soon ( @Chloe234 , @Dancer )

I know it can feel super stressful getting back into a new routine and figuring things out, but give yourself time, do what you can, and be kind to yourself <3

You're only human! And the amount of homework you have in the lower years of school (7-11) is actually more than the rest of your life - so maybe that helps too?!
  • Options
    Thankyou @Emma_ 🩷

Emma_ wrote: »
    You're only human! And the amount of homework you have in the lower years of school (7-11) is actually more than the rest of your life - so maybe that helps too?!

I guess it does help slightly ahah just gotta put up with it for year 11 then I'll be slightly at ease lol
  • Options
    Supposed to be doing schoolwork today but so drained after yesterday
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,597 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2023
    Checking if I can still post
    Edit yeah but I don’t think anyone can see this but me
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,958 Extreme Poster
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    When you're overthinking and you start overthinking your overthinking >>>>

This hits way too close to home
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    I'm so upset. Got my timetable today and I don't have my dt teacher anymore who was literally one of the only people who got me through year 10
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,208 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    When you're overthinking and you start overthinking your overthinking >>>>

This hits way too close to home

I feel you too as this is something that resonates with me a lot <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I can't tell if my parents are manipulative and controlling or not
This discussion has been closed.