Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self-Harm journal TW

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    Day 54 - 26 days clean. I was so close yesterday to losing it all, but I didn't. It becoming really hard.

Well done @LorryTruck you're doing really well <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time. <3
    You're doing amazing right now! 26 freaking daaays!

LETS GOOOOO <3
  • gracejeff20gracejeff20 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hey @LorryTruck ,

Your strength and determination these last few weeks has been amazing. I am so pleased that you have been able to avoid self-harming for 26 days. Fidget cubes are a great idea btw! It is good to relieve your pain and stress in a non-harmful way.

I hope you had a nice weekend. What did you get up to?

:)
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    @LorryTruck we are all so proud of you and are supporting you all the way. I’m sorry to hear you are struggling right now. Sending all the hugs and positive vibes 💜💜💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • gracejeff20gracejeff20 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    @LorryTruck a month, wow! I am really happy for you. Do you have a method of coping for times like last night when you were really struggling.

Keep taking it one day at a time. You've got this.
    edited July 2021
  • kimberley1907kimberley1907 Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    Hi @LorryTruck! Just wanted to say well done for staying clean! I'm so proud of you. I know it's been hard, but we're all here to support you through this. You're doing so well. How have you been coping so far?
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Whoooa 30 days cleeeeean!
    I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time.
    Your preservance is strong as hell, @LorryTruck and well done for making it this far! ❤
  • kimberley1907kimberley1907 Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    @LorryTruck I'm so proud of you for doing so well. Even if it is a struggle, it is worth it. I'm glad you've been enjoying music and using that as a way to cope. I honestly use that too mostly.
  • OliOli Posts: 120 The Mix Convert
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    @Oli

I have two favourite bands: Bring Me The Horizon and Citizen Soldier. I actually really love them so much. Yeah I know hits radio, they play pretty good music sometimes I agree. Any favourite artists?

Yeah I'm definitely getting one ha, seems like it would be useful

Oh cool! Bring Me The Horizon are the ones who did 'Can You Feel My Heart', right? Hmm, no particular favourite artists! I tend to go through phases haha. Listening to quite a bit of Lauv's stuff atm :)

Did you get a fidget cube in the end?

(also well done for reaching 30 days! <3)
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Big well done @LorryTruck ! <3 we love you so much x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • meilameila Posts: 83 Budding Regular
    Hi @LorryTruck <3
    You are doing absolutely brilliantly! <3 I struggle with it myself too, and I don't know what coping mechanisms you have in place, but I'll say what I do incase it helps you <3 when I get the urges (and don't laugh at me XD) I'll put on some really cringy music to make me laugh and have a proper workout (whether it be strength or stamina), until all I can think about is how my heart is pumping round my body and how amazing the body is to keep up with what we demand of it. The oxygen rushing to your lungs, absorbing into the blood stream, all whilst your body realises it's too hot and sweats to cool down. It's simply amazing :3
    I don't know if that helps, but sometimes maybe heading for a state of bodily appreciation can be really special :3<3
    With hugs,
    meila <3
  • AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    Hey @LorryTruck <3

Just checking in to see how you are doing? x
    You're so awesome @LorryTruck !! I cannot express how proud of you I am <3 How was your holiday? x
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Awwwwww I'm so proud of youuuuu!
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    So so happy for you, 61 days !! Amazing 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Yay for the holiday, i'd love to hear more about it =) Once again such amazing amazing well done! How are things now that school is back on? <3
  • RuhRuh Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    Keep going - well done and shout scream if u need to, let it out! Be proud 😀
    That sounds extremely stressful for you, particularly when you've just started a new school year. Having all this unexpected pressure and challenges is really frustrating, so it's unsurprising that you were unintentionally rude. Plus the fact that you recognise that this was not great is really good and reinforces how much of a good person you are! We are so proud of you xx