Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

innocent but dead.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    scary scary stuff!

Are you saying the terrorists have poisoned my mind?
  • Options
    Given the situation they should have disarmed the man, .
    how do you disarm an unarmed man?
  • Options
    not the terrorists no.
  • Options
    how do you disarm an unarmed man?

I mean prevented him from the capability of doing anything had there been anything to do. If you get me.
    not the terrorists no.

Then who?
  • Options

No, the Govt.

This - "They're minds are clouded by the bullshit they're fed and what they're made to believe, they're made to believe that what they're doing is worth something." - could also apply to you (us) and what we are being fed by the Govt. The very defence being offered for the killing of an innocent man is based around the premise that it is okay to kill a terrorist, that it is something "worth doing" in defence of our "freedoms"...
  • Options
    of great concern to me is the fact that we have policemen running around shooting the wrong people based on nothing whatsoever and people rushing to defend those who are failing miserably to defend us.
  • Options
    No, the Govt.

This - "They're minds are clouded by the bullshit they're fed and what they're made to believe, they're made to believe that what they're doing is worth something." - could also apply to you (us) and what we are being fed by the Govt. The very defence being offered for the killing of an innocent man is based around the premise that it is okay to kill a terrorist, that it is something "worth doing" in defence of our "freedoms"...

How is that possible when I know barely anything about the the government or politics, and barely watch the news? I feel the opinion I formed on this subject is my own, I don't know much about the story anyway, just the simple cut and dry that we're discussing here. Or are you literally talking about mass scale government mind controlling conspiracies? :p
  • Options
    Try this link. It got me thinking...
  • Options
    of great concern to me is the fact that we have policemen running around shooting the wrong people based on nothing whatsoever and people rushing to defend those who are failing miserably to defend us.

I'd hardly say they're running around shooting the wrong people, when it's one person, it's not like 50% of police officers kill innocent people once a week is it?

And it can't be based on nothing if the guy was thought to be heavily connected with the terrorists, can it?

Anyway enough for me, am too tired...been awake 29 hours and can't defend myself anymore :crying:
  • Options
    How is that possible when I know barely anything about the the government or politics, and barely watch the news? I feel the opinion I formed on this subject is my own, I don't know much about the story anyway, just the simple cut and dry that we're discussing here. Or are you literally talking about mass scale government mind controlling conspiracies? :p
    Have you never heard of the saying "Knowledge is power"? It worries me how people bask and revel in their ignorance of what's going on in the world, of how they know nothing about our history. If people don't know about that, they won't be any the wiser when their freedoms start disappearing in the name of "protecting" us against terrorists.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Have you never heard of the saying "Knowledge is power"? It worries me how people bask and revel in their ignorance of what's going on in the world, of how they know nothing about our history. If people don't know about that, they won't be any the wiser when their freedoms start disappearing in the name of "protecting" us against terrorists.

I don't know an amazing amount about it, but I think I know enough. Maybe.
  • Options
    I don't know an amazing amount about it, but I think I know enough. Maybe.
    Maybe not? I wouldn't say you were the only one. There are millions out there who know far less than this. It always amazes me when I talk to some people how unaware they are of world events. Don't these people ever read newspapers, watch the TV or listen to the radio? No, you know more than most about it, chaos.
  • Options
    How is that possible when I know barely anything about the the government or politics, and barely watch the news? I feel the opinion I formed on this subject is my own, I don't know much about the story anyway, just the simple cut and dry that we're discussing here.

Chaos, one thing you need to learn about me, is that I may not agree with everything I post aoround here. Sometimes I will put the view which opposes mine.

Anyway, your opinion is based on information which you have recieved from a source, yes? So, who is your source? Really... who is behind the "news" which get reported, by the BBC/Sky/CNN/Indymedia?

Who told the reporters the "fact" which they then use to form a story? Who edits that story etc...
    Or are you literally talking about mass scale government mind controlling conspiracies? :p

Some people around here would have you believe that to be the case, and that the Govt is supporting major business, such as the Oil and Arms industries. The basis of this is the question of who benefits most from these outrages? The Govt get more control (through the introduction of stop & search, ID cards, shoot to kill etc) and the companies get massive profits as Defence Budgets and oil prices increase...
  • Options
    it is the end of the world ......which i knew and grew up in thats for sure.
    i find it alarming that such incompetence ...if that was all it was ...can be so easily defended.
    the slippery slope is getting steeper by the day.
    if it was my son ...or beckyboos son ...how do you imagine we would be feeling?
    "oh well ...he died for the greater good."
  • Options
    Chaos, one thing you need to learn about me, is that I may not agree with everything I post aoround here. Sometimes I will put the view which opposes mine.

Anyway, your opinion is based on information which you have recieved from a source, yes? So, who is your source? Really... who is behind the "news" which get reported, by the BBC/Sky/CNN/Indymedia?

Who told the reporters the "fact" which they then use to form a story? Who edits that story etc...

Some people around here would have you believe that to be the case, and that the Govt is supporting major business, such as the Oil and Arms industries. The basis of this is the question of who benefits most from these outrages? The Govt get more control (through the introduction of stop & search, ID cards, shoot to kill etc) and the companies get massive profits as Defence Budgets and oil prices increase...

In that case my source is the limited information from this thread, which I did mention earlier. But then that's a third party source which links to the media, which can twist anything and make us believe it. We weren't there, we don't know any better, I get that, and as for the government wanting to be in more control, they don't have as much power as they would like I don't think, and I doubt they ever will.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Don't these people ever read newspapers, watch the TV or listen to the radio?

But you agree that the media might not be true, that the government can control what we here, so you're contradicting yourself. How could you be sure our history isn't lies?
  • Options
    it is the end of the world ......which i knew and grew up in thats for sure.
    i find it alarming that such incompetence ...if that was all it was ...can be so easily defended.
    the slippery slope is getting steeper by the day.
    if it was my son ...or beckyboos son ...how do you imagine we would be feeling?
    "oh well ...he died for the greater good."

In many ways society is getting worse, but we can't change that. At least in some ways it's getting better.
  • Options
    of great concern to me is the fact that we have policemen

Highly debatable I'd say.
    running around shooting the wrong people based on nothing whatsoever

Do we actually know what it was based on?
  • Options
    In many ways society is getting worse, but we can't change that. At least in some ways it's getting better.
    how in the last six months has it got any better?
    we should all be up in arms ...outraged ...at what is happening.
  • Options
    How could you be sure our history isn't lies?

Not so much lies as half-truths, or limited in it's nature.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Can't you see the difference between the words "known" and "thought"?

They were know terrorists but it was only 'thought' that they had a detonator for a bomb - it later transpired they didn't.
    Yesterday it was also 'thought' the man may have had a bomb. Again they took no chances.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

the government can control what we HEAR. ?
    but you said in rather mocking tones that suicide bombers were brainwashed ...by implication meaning we're not.
  • Options
    how in the last six months has it got any better?
    we should all be up in arms ...outraged ...at what is happening.

I didn't mean in the six last six months. You can't say that our society has only gone downhill in the last six months, it's been sliding since it ever began, but certain things are getting better, opinions for example.
    Not so much lies as half-truths, or limited in it's nature.

That's my point though, history isn't exactly as present and correct as it should be...but then I guess it's history and that's the way it now stands.
  • Options
    but you said in rather mocking tones that suicide bombers were brainwashed ...by implication meaning we're not.

Not at all. I didn't mean to make a mockery of bombers and if I did that's not how I intend to sound (in a manner of speaking). I didn't say that we're not brainwashed, I just meant that suicide bombers are brain washed to a far greater, more exploited degree.
  • Options
    Well it's been fun guys, but I need to eat now, and more importantly, sleep.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Yesterday it was also 'thought' the man may have had a bomb. Again they took no chances.
    they took a huge chance by letting him get to his target had he been a bomber!
    and had he been a bober ...he could have killed and maimed many by detonating his bomb in the chase.
    utter incompetence from start to finnish from what i understand of the situation.
    heads should roll.
    there should be fucking uproar about this bollox.
    we are forever being told we have the best police dorce in the world ...the best armed forces ...the best secret service ...the best special forces ...well thats obviously shite ...if we have the best i dread to think what others are having to live with.
  • Options
    utter incompetence from start to finnish from what i understand of the situation. heads should roll.
    Yes. But will they? All too often, the police and intelligence services are too busy protecting their own. Can you see Sir Ian Blair, head of the Metropolitan Police, saying "yes, we cocked up, I resign"? Sadly, I can't. :(
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I think the way the emergency services have behaved over the last couple of weeks has been excellent.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I think the way the emergency services have behaved over the last couple of weeks has been excellent.
    I would agree, it's just the intelligence agencies that have cocked up.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    ?
  • Options
    ?
    I agreed with the claim, but really can't see how it was relevant to this issue.