Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

innocent but dead.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
chased ...thrown to the floor ...five bullets pumped into his head ...his only crime ...running.
what the hell is going on?
this sounds more like gangsters than highly trained coppers.
survive the terrorists and be shot by the cops.

Comments

• Options
    Normally, I despise political correctness and the way police can be chased if things go wrong. But in this case, I'd welcome it. I hope the family of the man killed by the police sue the Metropolitan Police. We might find out what non-intelligence led to this pointless death.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    chased ...thrown to the floor ...five bullets pumped into his head ...his only crime ...running.
    what the hell is going on?
    this sounds more like gangsters than highly trained coppers.
    survive the terrorists and be shot by the cops.

But if he had a bomb it would have been the right desicion?
    Stupid cunt shouldn't have run away.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    They'd have shot him anyway.

His crime? Being dark-skinned.

The police/MI6 officers should be tried, and convicted, for murder.
  • Options
    he was seen leaving a block of flats under surveilance, he ran after repeated warnings

fair enough some of you might say, "i might of ran", but you had repeated warnigs from armed officers
  • Options
    Truso Mr Skive. Why did he run?

Anyway, we can't possibly know now what motivation was behind the chase, it's probably not entirely unreasonable to say that someone who doesn't stop running when someone shouts "STOP! Armed Police!" should be shot for being so stupid.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Truso Mr Skive. Why did he run?

Anyway, we can't possibly know now what motivation was behind the chase, it's probably not entirely unreasonable to say that someone who doesn't stop running when someone shouts "STOP! Armed Police!" should be shot for being so stupid.

Agreed. If he didn't run he wouldn't have died.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    he was seen leaving a block of flats under surveilance, he ran after repeated warnings. fair enough some of you might say, "i might of ran", but you had repeated warnigs from armed officers
    Some reports say he was "Asian looking" and suggest he couldn't speak English. It's possible, not because he's Asian looking, but because this is London. Whilst there, I noticed countless people who couldn't speak a word of English.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Some reports say he was "Asian looking" and suggest he couldn't speak English. It's possible, not because he's Asian looking, but because this is London. Whilst there, I noticed countless people who couldn't speak a word of English.

how do they know he couldnt speak english?

you can hardly talk to him once he has been shot
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    But if he had a bomb it would have been the right desicion?
    Stupid cunt shouldn't have run away.

That was my first thought, but I wonder if the plain-clothes officers actually declared themselves police, because otherwise it would just be 20 (?) guys threatening to shoot you. If it's obvious, it's his own fault, but if it's anything less I don't blame him.
  • Options
    No, you noticed countless people who weren't speaking english at the time, you twat.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    that someone who doesn't stop running when someone shouts "STOP! Armed Police!" should be shot for being so stupid.

Why should they?

What right do armed police have to stop me at all?
    What right do armed police have to shoot at me with no provocation.

Killing in cold blood is murder. I don't think the "armed police" were from anywhere except an office block in Vauxhall.

I'll say one thing: on BBC News there was a picture of a police van outside one of the suspect houses. I've never ever seen a police van like it before. Something stinks more than last night's curry.

It's starting.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Why should they?

What right do armed police have to stop me at all?
    What right do armed police have to shoot at me with no provocation.

Killing in cold blood is murder. I don't think the "armed police" were from anywhere except an office block in Vauxhall.

I'll say one thing: on BBC News there was a picture of a police van outside one of the suspect houses. I've never ever seen a police van like it before. Something stinks more than last night's curry.

It's starting.

If you suspected that someone could have a bomb and could potentially kill tens if not hundreds of innocent people, would you shoot them?

I don't know the ins and outs but it could easily be a case of the greater good, then again it might not.
  • Options
    If you suspected that someone could have a bomb and could potentially kill tens if not hundreds of innocent people, would you shoot them?

If you are going to hold a gun to someone's head and fire five bullets into it, you have got to be fucking CERTAIN that they are a bomber. A suspicion isn't enough, I'm afraid.

Note that the police never suspected him of having a bomb, they suspected him of being an acquaintance of the bombers.
    I don't know the ins and outs but it could easily be a case of the greater good, then again it might not.

Yeah, lots of people are saying that. One dead innocent bny mistake is loads better than hundreds of hypothetical dead innocents. After all, he's only a dirty paki, who gives a fuck?

Bet more people would care if it was a pretty young white girl who it happened to.

Those who have read A Handmaid's Tale and 1984 have been warned. It's starting.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If you are going to hold a gun to someone's head and fire five bullets into it, you have got to be fucking CERTAIN that they are a bomber. A suspicion isn't enough, I'm afraid.

It's enough for me. The SAS did it in Gibralter and that was enough for most people.
    Kermit wrote:
    Yeah, lots of people are saying that. One dead innocent bny mistake is loads better than hundreds of hypothetical dead innocents. After all, he's only a dirty paki, who gives a fuck?

Bet more people would care if it was a pretty young white girl who it happened to.

You are the only one putting a racial spin on this.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

In a way that's true, but could be a bit of a risk don't you agree? If you were given the decision to kill someone or risk hundreds being killed, I know which I'd choose. If they waited till it was certain they could have been too late. In this case it wasn't a bomber or anything, but if it was it could have made a very different story.
    Note that the police never suspected him of having a bomb, they suspected him of being an acquaintance of the bombers.

That's why I said I don't know the ins and outs...I didn't know that.

True that, but it doesn't automatically make it racism.
    Those who have read A Handmaid's Tale and 1984 have been warned. It's starting.

I haven't, but are you referring to how everyone will become unstable and on edge and make stupid choices because they're paranoid?
  • Options
    In a way that's true, but could be a bit of a risk don't you agree? But then again if it was just a hunch then maybe the best way to word it would be an "over reaction".

The Israelis don't kill suicide bombers unless they are forced to. And if they don't then the Met certainly don't need to.

"We want his buddies not his body".
    I haven't, but are you referring to how everyone will become unstable and on edge and make stupid choices because they're paranoid?

We are in a state of emergency. Expect it to be declared certainly before the end of the year.

And don't expect this "dangerous time" to ever cease.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    We are in a state of emergency. Expect it to be declared certainly before the end of the year.

And don't expect this "dangerous time" to ever cease.

I'm not good at wording things, I edited my post. Damn, you quoted me :p

I don't expect it to cease. I'm waiting for World War 3, but still wondering just what I'm going to do when it happens. ;)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The Israelis don't kill suicide bombers unless they are forced to. And if they don't then the Met certainly don't need to. "We want his buddies not his body".
    True. You can't ask questions to a dead person, can you? And in any case, we've now discovered he wouldn't have known anything about it as he had nothing to do with the bombers anyway. The police have committed a crime and the law must be applied on them.
  • Options
    I don't expect it to cease. I'm waiting for World War 3, but still wondering just what I'm going to do when it happens. ;)

Oh, don't worry about World War Three. I don't expect one.

I expect that the Government will convince us that there is one, and the odd explosion will certainly help them along in convincing Joe Public that he doesn't need his civil liberties because of the "terrorists".

As for what you'll do? You'll just keep your head down, shop in your neighbours to protect yourself, and try to get on with life knowing that the Government could, at any time, chase you into a tube station and blow the back of your head off.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    shop in your neighbours to protect yourself

What do you mean by that?

If I'm being a little slow, it's because I haven't had sleep in 28 hours, I'm not really up to intelligent conversation :(
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    ...You'll just keep your head down, shop in your neighbours to protect yourself, and try to get on with life knowing that the Government could, at any time, chase you into a tube station and blow the back of your head off.
    He's simply referring to the climate of terror, and the way the Government will try and exploit it for their own gain. Isn't there an ID Cards Bill going through Parliament? Perfect opportunity to terrify people into supporting an expensive scheme which they won't be able to administer anyway.
  • Options
    the guy could have thought he was being chased for money ...shagging someones daughter ...having ten quids worth of heroin on him.
    he obviously wasn't running cos he had anything to do with terrorism and bombs.
    is running or being scared now an executable offence?
    are you realy happy to have a police force that behaves like this?
    wrong information wrong behaviour resulting in a dead innocent.
    if they get away with this i expect nothing less than civil disobedience from a very large section of the citezens of the uk.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

It's starting.

That dark blue coloured van? That was a bomb disposal unit.
  • Options

In this case I think they were justified and if a similar situation arose I would hope they would do it again.
    Same as they did with the IRA in Gib.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    the guy could have thought he was being chased for money ...shagging someones daughter ...having ten quids worth of heroin on him.
    he obviously wasn't running cos he had anything to do with terrorism and bombs.
    is running or being scared now an executable offence?
    wrong information wrong behaviour resulting in a dead innocent.
    if they get away with this i expect nothing less than civil disobedience from a very large section of the citezens of the uk.

I don't agree with what was done I'm just saying I can see why it was done. It was wrong but if they felt there was a reasonable risk that's probably why they did it, better one than one hundred innocent people dead.

To be honest I don't really know much about this story though, so ignore me if I'm being ignorant to details :p
  • Options

Don't worry about it.

By "shopping in" I mean you will tell the authorities that your neighbours are the evil anti-government conspirators, and should be punished, so that suspicion does not fall on yourself.

It is a common thing in totalitarian dictatorships. You tell the authorities that they want Mr Smith down the road so that they don't come and get you.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    In this case I think they were justified and if a similar situation arose I would hope they would do it again.

Well that's one monkey for the organ grinder converted.
  • Options
    [IMG][/img]
    Skive wrote:
    Same as they did with the IRA in Gib.
    if i remember rightly they knew each individual involved.
  • Options
    I don't agree with what was done I'm just saying I can see why it was done. It was wrong but if they felt there was a reasonable risk that's probably why they did it, better one than one hundred innocent people dead.

:p
    so they were totaly wrong in their information and in their behaviour but you understand why they publicly slaughtered an innocent man?
    you next ...will your family be so understanding?
    it's not supposed to be like this so i'lll ask here what i asked in p&d ...who's winning ...us or the terrorists?
    from where i'm standing it certainly doesn't look like us ...
  • Options
    so they were totaly wrong in their information and in their behaviour but you understand why they publicly slaughtered an innocent man?
    you next ...will your family be so understanding?
    it's not supposed to be like this so i'lll ask here what i asked in p&d ...who's winning ...us or the terrorists?
    from where i'm standing it certainly doesn't look like us ...
    I hope the police are sued and we can see just what incompetence led to this pointless death.