Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Three schoolgirl sisters have given birth aged 12, 14 and 16.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Wrong. Good decent Christian moral standards aren't dictated by numbers. You may deny the existence of a "normal decent society" but then perhaps you don't live in one, I'm fortunate enough to do so.

Fuck off with your Christian standards. You cant use them to dictate everyone. You'd be the first one to complain if someone forced Muslim values on you.
  • Options
    I'm intrigued as to seeing the outcome of this...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005230684,00.html

I know, I know, I got this from The Sun, but still, it'll be interesting!
  • Options
    Faith, a believe in the Almighty, is fine by me whether its Christian, Moslem, Jewish or other, its better than being a God-less creature worshipping at the altar of ego and self-obsession.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    a God-less creature worshipping at the altar of ego and self-obsession.

*bows* i am one such breed, aye thank ya :thumb:

Faith or religion have nothing to do with this story. I feel sorry for them to be honest as they've just kissed away their childhood especially the youngest one who's no more than a baby herself. The mother really is in need of a serious injection of common parenting skills as at 11-12 years old i wouldn't be letting my daughter and her boyfriend sleep in the same room/bed for this pure reason. If i was then i'd seriously worry about having to put my 12 year old on the pill. I find it really hard to comprehend the mentality of being happy that your 3 under 18 children have kids.

Think of it this way. If the youngest's kid has a kid at 12 then that would make her a 24 year old grandmother!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Faith, a believe in the Almighty, is fine by me whether its Christian, Moslem, Jewish or other, its better than being a God-less creature worshipping at the altar of ego and self-obsession.
    You mean like those who love expensive cars, money and wealth and object to sharing it with others?

Now who did I notice the other way who fit that criteria? :chin:
  • Options
    Are you serious? I don't lie, and it's not news.

All generalisation fails, including this one. Hence - GenraLIEsation. I see none of the correlations you refer to either.
    Wrong. Good decent Christian moral standards aren't dictated by numbers. You may deny the existence of a "normal decent society" but then perhaps you don't live in one, I'm fortunate enough to do so.

In your opinion.....which is worthless....which is the whole point. Standards are set by what the majority will allow. You try stoning women who sleep around like the good book tells you to and see how far your "moral standards" get you.

In your opinion. More baseless spouting with no substance.

So bhuddists aren't religious in your book then? The godless egotists that they are!
  • Options
    what do you think? ... must be something inthe water in Derby!! :wave:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4572219.stm
    lol I know the street they live on...it's notorious for this kinda stuff.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Like going out dogging in cars you mean?
  • Options
    Like going out dogging in cars you mean?

I'd imagine thats a past time of Rich Kid....
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

i dont believe in anything like that and im not a selfish knob who only cares about himself, you dont even know me do you?

i dont believe in god or anything but i treat people the way apparantly christians are supposed to, which is with care, love and sympathy, and to not do what the stupid/evil people do but do what you think it right and lead by example
  • Options
    the irresponsible simply outbreed the responsible ~ I wish I could be as complacent.

so responsibility depends on age and social background and not the heart of the mother...STFU would ya!
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    the fact they they are being given more than the average national wage in government handouts

The average personal wage is £26,000. Emphasis on the word personal, there.

Somehow I don't think that each of those girls are earning £26,000 a piece. maybe between all four of them, but £26,000 divided by four is a whopping £6000 each. To feed seven mouths.

How dare they slob about at home for a below-breadline wage, eh?

Blagsta is perfectly correct to condemn those who bandy about the words "chav slags" at these young girls, because all it is is sanctimonious, divisive and isolating claptrap. After all, good little middle class girls and boys never have sex :rolleyes:

The reason why these girls have sex and have babies is because they have nothing else to look forward to in their lives. They have no good job prospects, no chance of a good house and car, no chance of being anything. Ambition is the biggest contraceptive, I think people forget that. Girls who have children young are often socially excluded, so slagging them off as "dirty sluts" is exactly the opposite of what is useful.

Instead of it being a tragedy that having a child is the best thing that will ever happen to them, and it being a disgrace that they will never achieve anything more than breeding, it is, of course, better to condemn them as just another example of the dirty filthy breeding underclass, forget about them, nd consign them to a life of poverty and non-achievement.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:

Somehow I don't think that each of those girls are earning £26,000 a piece. maybe between all four of them, but £26,000 divided by four is a whopping £6000 each. To feed seven mouths.

Blagsta is perfectly correct to condemn those who bandy about the words "chav slags" at these young girls, because all it is is sanctimonious, divisive and isolating claptrap. After all, good little middle class girls and boys never have sex :rolleyes:

The reason why these girls have sex and have babies is because they have nothing else to look forward to in their lives. They have no good job prospects, no chance of a good house and car, no chance of being anything. Ambition is the biggest contraceptive, I think people forget that. Girls who have children young are often socially excluded, so slagging them off as "dirty sluts" is exactly the opposite of what is useful.

Instead of it being a tragedy that having a child is the best thing that will ever happen to them, and it being a disgrace that they will never achieve anything more than breeding, it is, of course, better to condemn them as just another example of the dirty filthy breeding underclass, forget about them, nd consign them to a life of poverty and non-achievement.

This lad talks sense.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    This lad talks sense.

sometimes :p
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    sometimes :p

Far more than most on this board.

Kermit's opinions often make me look at my own opinions diferently. They're down to earth and realistic compared to most.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

They get £10,450 a year each in benefits. I know people who earn less than that in a full time job, before tax.

The average wage is £26,000. Take away 35% and the average person after tax has around £17,000.

Not a bad colelctive income for spitting out a baby each.
  • Options
  • Options
    Was reading an article about it - apparently the 14 year old I believe it was, had already had 2 miscarriages and an abortion. I was willing to take on a previous perspective of differences in their society, location and education but if she went out and had an abortion and had already been in the baby situation 3 times...how did she 'accidently' concieve again?
  • Options
    Was reading an article about it - apparently the 14 year old I believe it was, had already had 2 miscarriages and an abortion. I was willing to take on a previous perspective of differences in their society, location and education but if she went out and had an abortion and had already been in the baby situation 3 times...how did she 'accidently' concieve again?
    Because it was no accident. This girl deliberately got herself pregnant. That or she's breathtakingly stupid. And there's Mummy saying "I blame sex education". This despite the fact sex education seems to me like nothing more than an advertisement for underage sex the way it's currently being conducted in schools.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Because it was no accident. This girl deliberately got herself pregnant. That or she's breathtakingly stupid. And there's Mummy saying "I blame sex education". This despite the fact sex education seems to me like nothing more than an advertisement for underage sex the way it's currently being conducted in schools.

It just seems dozy to me of the mama to blame the schools and sex ed when her child would have been adviced on having her abortion. Diffuse the responsibility mama, if you were that concerned you'd have sent them to be adviced at a sex clinic or docs.
  • Options
    It just seems dozy to me of the mama to blame the schools and sex ed when her child would have been advised on having her abortion. Diffuse the responsibility mama, if you were that concerned you'd have sent them to be adviced at a sex clinic or docs.
    It's a parent not taking responsibility for their own children's upbringing. Let us not forget that girls under 16 can have abortions without their parents ever being told about it under the utterly abominable policies being conducted at the moment. To the mother and the daughters, I say this: PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY - learn about it! :mad:
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:

I just watched the documentry on TV and have to say that is one of the most moving things i have ever watched.
    I had to dry my eyes.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I just watched the documentry on TV and have to say that is one of the most moving things i have ever watched.
    I had to dry my eyes.

I just read that and I'm not ashamed to say I've got tears in my eyes...

...Filmed sitting on a beach in Bridlington one evening with her camera, she asks: "If there is a God up there, if you are up there, just please help us. You always seem to take the good people away and leave the bad people here. There's all these rapists and murderers about. There's no justice."
  • Options
    The grandmother is a waste of space, her 3 daughters are little more than sperm banks and their 3 kids are,odds on, going to become either sperm banks or sperm donors. The taxpayer IMO should not have to support this filthy chav family.
  • Options
    How does anything in that article differentiate her from any other teenage mother (and im not labelling them scroungers etc) except the tragic fact that she died of bone cancer? Did she love her kid any more than the other mothers or something?
  • Options
    Dubversion wrote:
    The grandmother is a waste of space, her 3 daughters are little more than sperm banks and their 3 kids are,odds on, going to become either sperm banks or sperm donors. The taxpayer IMO should not have to support this filthy chav family.

Charming :|

So you'd let them all die?
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    How does anything in that article differentiate her from any other teenage mother (and im not labelling them stupid or scroungers etc) except the tragic fact that she died of bone cancer? Did she love her kid any more than the other mothers or something.

Did you watch the documentry?

It went to show that young mothers do not always make bad mothers.
    Weekender Offender