Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Three schoolgirl sisters have given birth aged 12, 14 and 16.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I weep for the species I really do,

this is going to come out slightly nuts but at some point there should be a license for babys, if you cant show you can look after them or afford them you shouldnt have one,, Dog breeders wouldnt give a puppy to people like that so why on earth are they allowed to have children,

I say this as I know people who cant have children who would do so much better then those three parasites
  • Options
    Nightbreed wrote:
    if you cant show you can look after them or afford them you shouldnt have one

No matter how much you prepare for a child, you're never really quite ready for one.
  • Options
    I despair at some of the small minded hateful comments on this thread.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    There is very little reason to believe these girls can't be good mothers tbh.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    That story is completely out of this world. Seriously.
  • Options
    I know the UK has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe...

And as far as I'm aware, Stockport (where I live...) has the highest number of teenage pregnancies in the UK.

And no, I haven't had any kids yet. Or got myself up the duff. I'm one of the only ones though!
  • Options
    I know the UK has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe...

And as far as I'm aware, Stockport (where I live...) has the highest number of teenage pregnancies in the UK.

And no, I haven't had any kids yet. Or got myself up the duff. I'm one of the only ones though!

Maybe having internet access so you can self educate yourself helps? :chin:
  • Options
    Maybe having internet access so you can self educate yourself helps? :chin:

Not particularly. I don't think, anyway. My school didn't give the most informative sex education... but my parents taught me enough. Like, me and my Dad can talk really openly about everything, including sex and stuff. He was there when I went to the doc for the pill.

I think it's a matter of common sense (or the lack of it...) and the way that kids are brought up. Not just by their parents, but by the people around them and the local society they live in.
  • Options
    Not particularly. I don't think, anyway. My school didn't give the most informative sex education... but my parents taught me enough. Like, me and my Dad can talk really openly about everything, including sex and stuff. He was there when I went to the doc for the pill.

I think it's a matter of common sense (or the lack of it...) and the way that kids are brought up. Not just by their parents, but by the people around them and the local society they live in.

wow so true :)
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I despair at some of the small minded hateful comments on this thread.

Don't despair Blagsta, educate us and then we can all think exactly as you do. :cool:
  • Options
    Don't despair Blagsta, educate us and then we can all think exactly as you do. :cool:

I don't want people to think exactly as I do. I would like people to think though.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I don't want people to think exactly as I do. I would like people to think though.

How do you know that people are small-minded? They may have considered every conceivable angle before posting their viewpoint, but because you don't like it you insult them...(small minded?).
  • Options
    Calling a 12 year old girl a "slag" or talking about "chavs" seems fairly small minded to me.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Calling a 12 year old girl a "slag" or talking about "chavs" seems fairly small minded to me.

calling them stupid and nieve though is perfectly fine, saw them on tv today, they dont seem like evil girls they jsut seem remarkably stupid - and yes parents can give a perfectly decent sex education, all people need to know is the sort of bad things that can happen, how likely it is to happen, and how to prevent it, and what to do if it fails and who to talk to

the amount of "i tossed my boyfriend off and swallowed innit can i get pregenent" is worrying
  • Options
    calling them stupid and nieve though is perfectly fine, saw them on tv today, they dont seem like evil girls they jsut seem remarkably stupid - and yes parents can give a perfectly decent sex education, all people need to know is the sort of bad things that can happen, how likely it is to happen, and how to prevent it, and what to do if it fails and who to talk to
    the amount of "i tossed my boyfriend off and swallowed innit can i get pregenent" is worrying

Funny, I saw the BBC TV report and they mentioned it was particularly a problem for 'disadvantaged' types. Naturally this doesn't mean people who are lacking material luxuries, it means cultural and intellectual poverty ~ thick chavs to the small-minded. Rich Kid has mentioned the dysgenic effect for society as a whole and he's right unfortunately.
  • Options
    Funny, I saw the BBC TV report and they mentioned it was particularly a problem for 'disadvantaged' types. Naturally this doesn't mean people who are lacking material luxuries, it means cultural and intellectual poverty ~ thick chavs to the small-minded. Rich Kid has mentioned the dysgenic effect for society as a whole and he's right unfortunately.
    Thank you mm. Its going to become an even greater problem for normal decent society to cope with as the underclass increases. And the mother was on TV this morning quite proud of her daughters!
  • Options

So...people brought up in poverty can't be educated?
  • Options
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

Why can't they?

Buy this blagsta.
  • Options
    It doesn't mention her intelligence. :chin:

It doesn't mean shes a bad mother though does it. :yeees:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    If they want to be educated and are encouraged to be so. Unfortunately many don't and aren't, hence the underclass grows alarmingly.
    What happens when they hold the democractic majority? Probably they'd be so feckless they wouldn't want to vote - keep them stuffed with fast junk food, cola, and plenty of rubbish TV, and they'll be as happy as Chavs in a Burbery reject shop.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:

What doesn't?
  • Options
    What doesn't?

All of these people have been saying "the girls are stupid, take the children away!" Someones intelligence isnt a factor in weather they can be a good parent or not.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    All of these people have been saying "the girls are stupid, take the children away!" Someones intelligence isnt a factor in weather they can be a good parent or not.

These three sisters did sound thick to be fair, but that isn't the point I made. The problem is that the best and brightest have fewer kids than the dirty and dumbest.

There is of course a correlation between intelligence and social outcomes such as teen pregnancies, unwed mothers, crime, addictions, domestic violence, school attendance, unemployment, work-ethic ~ we're all agreed on that I assume?...
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    There is of course a correlation between intelligence and social outcomes such as teen pregnancies, unwed mothers, crime, addictions, domestic violence, school attendance, unemployment, work-ethic ~ we're all agreed on that I assume?...

Nope. GenraLIEsation.

From the point of view of genetics, these girls are as smart as they come. Your only purpose is to make more life, and they do it briliantly.

oh and RK, if the underclass grew larger than "normal decent society" it would become "normal decent society" and people like yourself would be the unhappy, weirdo minority. (Well more so than now) Not that theres any such thing, of course.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:

noone said that, shes stupid for getting pregnent but she dealt with it and became responsbile, sadly though that aint the best way to bring a baby into the world
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    oh and RK, if the underclass grew larger than "normal decent society" it would become "normal decent society" and people like yourself would be the unhappy, weirdo minority. (Well more so than now) Not that theres any such thing, of course.
    Wrong. Good decent Christian moral standards aren't dictated by numbers. You may deny the existence of a "normal decent society" but then perhaps you don't live in one, I'm fortunate enough to do so.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Nope. GenraLIEsation.

Are you serious? I don't lie, and it's not news.
    From the point of view of genetics, these girls are as smart as they come. Your only purpose is to make more life, and they do it briliantly.

This was fine in past centuries when those least able to provide for their children simply didn't have them, but in our age of plenitude and non-judgemental welfare, the irresponsible simply outbreed the responsible ~ I wish I could be as complacent.