Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

new pope

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:

Nice christian abuse you got there. Any proof will do. As I haven't seen a "god" argument yet that I can't smash in bits in seconds I sincerely hope you can cut the mustard.

My gosh. You are so new.
    You've got a few people who are STILL trying to question just how Christian some members are by saying SO IZ IT OK IF EYE KILL A MAN WIV SHORT HAIR, which is tired, old, and I'd refer them to my previous post in this thread.

THAT = YOU.

NOTICE THE BIT WHERE I SAID "I'D REFER THEM TO MY PREVIOUS POST"?

HERE IS THE PREVIOUS POST.
    Capacity wrote:
    Why doesn't it work that way?

I used to say exactly the same (when I was about 12), I used to run around like a tit telling people that they can't be selective with their beliefs. Every time they just went "hmph 'spose". Guess what one bloke said to me one day? He said 'why not?' So, why not? They're our beliefs, not anyone elses. Nobody else need believe them. Insisting we all believe the same would suggest you're more bothered with how others see you than what you actually believe yourself. And how could I be a hypocrite? I follow a great deal of Christian traditions and beliefs, but if you expect me never to swear at nubs who say PROOOF PLZ THX LOLZ, or love the man who has run their keys along my car, you're living unrealistically... Maybe 10's of thousands of years ago it would have been possible.. Who knows..

Did you see that? Y'know, when I debated with the person with my own beliefs as WELL as those without? It's called not being a fucking child.

If I'd have claimed that I was a perfect follower of Christianity your "Nice Christian abuse you got there" MAY have had some cause. However, find me ONE example of where I claimed to be a perfect follower who never did anything wrong? g0g0g0g0g00g0g0

"Any proof will do"

Any proof you can give, will do. I can play act the ignorant-4-year-old-twat every bit as much as you can.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    As I haven't seen a "god" argument yet that I can't smash in bits in seconds I sincerely hope you can cut the mustard.

lol, now you're just being arrogant.........in reply to my previous posts, all you could say was 'oh well, deep down you must know god doesn't exist', that's a lame comeback, even by your standards, so just drop it.
  • Options
    could you disprove god on a basis that suggests that there is an eternel force that merely oversees human existence rather than interfere...it's mere stipulation of an afterlife is that every human lives their life to the fullest and hasn't cheated on themselves...i doubt you could cos basically above is my belief system....

This one?
    an eternel force

So far we have found no eternal forces. Not even light and gravity. While the premise is comforting the lack of evidence does again lead to the conclusion that there is no "god". By the same token, the same lack of evidence can also lead to the conclusion that there IS a "god" if he were to operate that way.

It's absolute uncertainty, so at best gets you a 50/50 shot of the big bearded one existing. Still not proof enough either way I am afraid. All you can prove is that we definitely don't know which gets us nowhere.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    So far we have found no eternal forces. Not even light and gravity. While the premise is comforting the lack of evidence does again lead to the conclusion that there is no "god". By the same token, the same lack of evidence can also lead to the conclusion that there IS a "god" if he were to operate that way.

It's absolute uncertainty, so at best gets you a 50/50 shot of the big bearded one existing. Still not proof enough either way I am afraid. All you can prove is that we definitely don't know which gets us nowhere.

time is an eternal force

"god never was, god never will be, god just is"...
  • Options
    time is an eternal force

How can you be sure of that?

I know I cannot. It's passage doesn't even remain consistent and at some point for me it will cease.
  • Options
    what was before time then? what will be after time then...

see people have their own concieved ideas of what time is...oh i have to be in work for 9...or this day is lasting ages...time is dependant on emotions and also on man-made clocks that move hands now and again...doesn't mean fuck all...truth is...time is eternal...it's always here...you can't stop or fast forward it...it's here to stay..bit like any idea of god...
  • Options
    If your perception of time is going fast or slow, then the clock also slows down or speeds up, because it is part of your perception.
    you can't stop or fast forward it...

Yes, you can. Hypnosis is one way, drugs can be another.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

you talking bout shrooms and cid here...they just distort time...in reality...in real time...time is still at the same speed

lets look at a decomposing analogy...now a plastic bag will take something like 250 years (whatever that is) you could take acid for 250 years, stare at the bag and it would feel like 10,000 but it's still 250 years till it decompsoes...you might be able to temporarily fracture time and distort it but it's eternal, non-tanscient, ithink you have to move beyond normal conventions of time and look at it from a juggernaut force that keeps going....
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    If your perception of time is going fast or slow, then the clock also slows down or speeds up, because it is part of your perception.

weren't you banging on a few threads back how perception of reality doesn't equate to reality, objectively the clock doesn't speed up or slow down..........time is relative but not in the way you suggest......
  • Options
    you talking bout shrooms and cid here...they just distort time...in reality...in real time...time is still at the same speed

If you were able to say that time existed outside your own experience of it then yes. It doesn't so you can't.
    weren't you banging on a few threads back how perception of reality doesn't equate to reality, objectively the clock doesn't speed up or slow down..........time is relative but not in the way you suggest......

There is no objectively. Time is relative in exactly the way I suggest. If you think that time is going slow, then it is and the clock is moving slowly with you because it is subject to your perception, a part of it. Or are you saying that the clock is outside of your perception somehow?

"Banging on" where?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    How can you be sure of that?

I know I cannot. It's passage doesn't even remain consistent and at some point for me it will cease.

you were talking about time, you might die, but time carries on for everyone and everything else left alive
  • Options
    you were talking about time, you might die, but time carries on for everyone and everything else left alive

Guess we are back to that old stand by - "proof please"
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Guess we are back to that old stand by - "proof please"

well if someone put a bullet through your head right now, unless the universe is just a nights dream in your subconscious mind, then im still going to be here and you wont

but at last you might just have grasped the true meaning of freedom
  • Options
    Er... what exactly does any of those links prove, Matadore?

Absolutely fuck all.

At best, the (distant) possibility that the Universe might have been designed by an intelligent being.

But...

No proof of God.

No proof that if there is a God, he is alive today.

No proof that if he's alive today, he's a God that matches the description of any of the world's religions today. A silicon-based 7-headed gay alien from Alpha Centauri would have as good a claim that his silicon-based, 7-headed homosexual god is the real one as you do. Because he would have exactly the same amount of evidence as you do (i.e. zero) to support the claims that there is a god and he's as described by his religion of choice.

So I'll ask you again: what the flying fuck makes you belive YOU have the right to state as a fact there is a God when there isn't ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER to support that claim, but I don't have the right to say the opposite as a fact?

You, my friend, are the one who is as bad as the worst Christian and Muslim fundamentalists.
  • Options
    Telelogical argument

Cosmological Argument

Ontological argument

Disprove those.

I very much doubt you can unless youve got at least a doctorate in Philosophy.

Do you have a doctorate in philosophy?

Have you actually rade the links? They include critiques in them for a start.......

The first one I find flawed as even if you decide there must have been design in humans, who designed the designer? This simply leads to infinite regress and solve nothing........

The second one is the most interesting imo but as it clearly states it is only an argument for the existence of something that can be called God, not a support for a Christian |God or any kind of God with characterisitcs we might associate with it........

The third one is a clever one but I don't think many people will be convinced by the Descartes kind of line. Also this argument is not an argument for a Christian God..........
  • Options
    I doubt that Matadore actually ever reads anything.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I doubt that Matadore actually ever reads anything.
    Its probably the reason he's more sense in his little finger than you have in the whole of your body.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Its probably the reason he's more sense in his little finger than you have in the whole of your body.

:lol: seriously that made me laugh so much...please get your head out of your hole
  • Options

Yes, because as we all know reading makes you less aware and more stupid.

:nervous:
  • Options
    Then, somewhere in the middle you've got that silly wanker still claiming they can prove God doesn't exist. Well guess what, silly wanker; you'll be the first human being ever to do so.

• Options
    Capacity wrote:
    klintock: You are an idiot. Why don't you prove they don't exist? You can't. Just as he can't prove they do. He can only believe. And you can only choose not to.

I declare that the entire universe was farted from the backside of a huge intergalactic sheep around 35 years ago .. shortly before I was born. This is what my father told me and I believe him. I declare it to be true.

Now, can you prove that this didn't happen? If you can't prove that it didn't happen, does it mean it did?

Ian.
  • Options
    Can you read? My threads revolve around making the point that none of you can either disprove or prove that God exists.
  • Options
    Can you read? My threads revolve around making the point that none of you can either disprove or prove that God exists.

Already disproved it half a dozen times.

What sort proof for his non existence would you like me to provide?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Already disproved it half a dozen times.

What sort proof for his non existence would you like me to provide?

What sort proof for his non existance can you provide?
  • Options
    Faith doesn't require proof or evidence. Faith is.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    there is a passage in the bible which says you should make sure of all things ...this i think was written by luke ...he added ...make sure of all the things we are teaching you ...test these things.
    why did he say such things?
    cos blind faith is no faith.
  • Options
    What sort proof for his non existance can you provide?

Well, we've done teleological, cosmological, and ontological. What others have you got?

Then how do you know to have it?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Well, we've done teleological, cosmological, and ontological. What others have you got?

how about unequivocal proof?.........hmm, nope didnt think so........god leaves man to his own devices and to make his own choices.......do you really think people would live their lives freely if they could see god over their shoulder watching them, knowing they'd have to answer to him for eternity........the answer is no.
  • Options
    how about unequivocal proof?.........

Sure, how do you want me to reach it?
  • Options
    i really don't know how you could disprove god's existence, leaving no doubt...........unless you were god, and i've said this before, are you god klintock?