Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

new pope

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and hes even more conservative

bollocks

Comments

• Options
    he'll be gone soon don't worry...was hoping for arinze or hummes myself...ah well better luck next time...
  • Options
    I'm not looking forward to what he has to say.
  • Options
    congratulations to the new pope, lets hope they continue to have strong leaders who aren't swayed by popular opinion
  • Options
    He will be dead within a few years.

YOu get a short papacy after a long one.
    I'm not looking forward to what he has to say.

Did you really expect a conservative conclave to elect a liberal papacy after the longest conservative papacy for hundreds of years?

Moron.
  • Options
    He will be dead within a few years.

YOu get a short papacy after a long one.

Did you really expect a conservative conclave to elect a liberal papacy after the longest conservative papacy for hundreds of years?

Moron.

No need to get personal Matadore. :|

The Catholic church had this big chance to change its image as an outdated organisation but alas no. Maybe next time ay.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    No need to get personal Matadore. :|

The Catholic church had this big chance to change its image as an outdated organisation but alas no. Maybe next time ay.

To be honest; I don't think they want to change their image :/ I mean there will be some who do, inevitably, but the catholic church are singleminded in sticking to the gospel and will always be as traditionalist as possible....
  • Options
    To be honest; I don't think they want to change their image :/ I mean there will be some who do, inevitably, but the catholic church are singleminded in sticking to the gospel and will always be as traditionalist as possible....

If it doesn't adapt to the modern world people are going to start to turn against it more and more though.
  • Options
    FFS.

Pope = Catholic leader, no?

If you were a Catholic and you honoured the values of 'anti-contraception' I doubt you'd be pissing and moaning. I've heard plenty of people bitching about how they should modernise their whole scene - none of those people have ever been devout Catholics.
  • Options
    Capacity wrote:
    FFS.

Pope = Catholic leader, no?

If you were a Catholic and you honoured the values of 'anti-contraception' I doubt you'd be pissing and moaning. I've heard plenty of people bitching about how they should modernise their whole scene - none of those people have ever been devout Catholics.

Your average Catholic might though.

Hell, I'm supposed to be a Catholic. :eek:
  • Options
    Renzo no one gives a fuck about your pathetic ramblings and fantasies of modernisation. I am sick and tired of being told we live in a modern world - because we have laptop computers and cable TV? No, the world is in the same chaos it was in during the first 50 years of the 20th centaury. And who is to say that 2005 is modern? Nelson commented on the ‘modern world’ at the battle of Trafalgar, and that Renzo, was two hundred years ago. I hope real Catholics continue to abide by the ancient rules and traditions that have governed and served them so well to this day.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    he'll be gone soon don't worry..

I wouldn't bet on it - just look at his face. It practically screams "I ain't going nowhere, bitches, so you better suck it up"
  • Options
    Renzo no one gives a fuck about your pathetic ramblings and fantasies of modernisation. I am sick and tired of being told we live in a modern world - because we have laptop computers and cable TV? No, the world is in the same chaos it was in during the first 50 years of the 20th centaury. And who is to say that 2005 is modern? Nelson commented on the ‘modern world’ at the battle of Trafalgar, and that Renzo, was two hundred years ago. I hope real Catholics continue to abide by the ancient rules and traditions that have governed and served them so well to this day.

Despite the increasing problem of AIDS then? You'd rather see millions of people die rather than the Catholic Church change its out of date ways.

I'm sure a lot of women, homosexuals and AIDS sufferings would 'give a fuck' as you so nicely put it, about modernisation.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    If it doesn't adapt to the modern world people are going to start to turn against it more and more though.

People's religiousity is diminishing, regardless of modernisation.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    People's religiousity is diminishing, regardless of modernisation.

thats in today's secularised world...in 3rd world country's religion is growing rapidly...i think the catholic church has a duty to promote good messages instead of sayin "fuck with no condom" well basically thats what they're saying...and people criticise their own political parties for its' choices...you can still be a catholic and criticse the church you know...
  • Options
    Very reassuring choice of new Pope, someone who will retain Catholic values and not be swayed by "trends". We need a strong anchor in these turbulent times.
    So it'll be continued opposition to women priests, abortion, artifical birth control, and the practice of homosexuality.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Very reassuring choice of new Pope, someone who will retain Catholic values and not be swayed by "trends". We need a strong anchor in these turbulent times.
    So it'll be continued opposition to women priests, abortion, artifical birth control, and the practice of homosexuality.

Don't forget womens rights and contraception.

Whats wrong with those things you mentioned then?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Whats wrong with those things you mentioned then?
    They are contrary to the Church's teaching.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    They are contrary to the Church's teaching.

So are lots of things but people do them every day.

Are you against them personally?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Are you against them personally?
    As a Christian, a Catholic, I follow the teachings of my Church.
  • Options
    lol, what i love is how the cardinals are supposed to vote based on 'divine inspiration', i guess the bookies have a hotline to the man upstairs..........and for once i agree with matadore, i have a hunch this papacy will be a short one......
  • Options
    can't say it will make any difference to my life...
  • Options
    Long or short, it does not matter, what is important is that the Will of God is carried forward to the world.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Long or short, it does not matter, what is important is that the Will of God is carried forward to the world.
    mmm,if you say so.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

and what about the people who reject this ideal...
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Shut up.

For a start Only one sixth of the worlds population is Catholic.

Secondly the bible is outdated and is not fit to rule the modern world by.

Thirdly, i don't want to have to have the writings of the bible imposed on me and neither do millions of people.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    and what about the people who reject this ideal...
    What people are you referring to?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    What people are you referring to?

anyone who rejects the "will of god" whatever that is...
  • Options
    Yes, what is this "will of god" of which you speak?

Is it Old Testament or New Testament?

We should be told.

:yes:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    anyone who rejects the "will of god" whatever that is...
    We will pray for your soul and hope that you will turn to God.
  • Options
    what do yo udo if one day god says dont vote conservative