Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

new pope

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock, your suggestion that any sane intelligent person rejects christianity and god is not only insulting but entirely ignorant..........what are you basing this statement on? trust me, your warped perception of reality isn't good enough.......as capacity said you can no more disprove it than i can prove it..........that's why it's called having faith, you wouldn't need to have bloody faith if you could see it with your eyes.........you dont want to believe it, great i don't care.........but stop forcing your presumptions as somehow factual when it actually makes less sense than some of your wilder rantings..........

Okay mate. Sorry if I caused any offence. I am basing this on the fact that sane people don't see things that aren't there.

I can prove that there is no "god" though. All you have to do is pick a form of proof and then we can get cracking.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    No.

Does it try to tell me how to live my life?

No.

So I really don't care about it.

Now. About that "god" character - Pick a type of proof that you would accept and let's get this over with.

If you need to confirm your nonbelieve in God, then go ahead. Frankly, I am not interested in your stupid ping pong game, as I have nothing to gain from it whatsoever.
    Go ahead, feel intelligent, regard the believers here as stupid, hope it's made your day :)
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Okay mate. Sorry if I caused any offence. I am basing this on the fact that sane people don't see things that aren't there.

I can prove that there is no "god" though. All you have to do is pick a form of proof and then we can get cracking.

but that's just it, i DONT see god........i don't have to, i still believe he exists.........and what this form of proof rubbish? a good analogy would be how do you prove aliens don't exist, you can't, the universe is pretty much infinite.........you could not prove there is no god unless you were he........so i'll leave you with that paradox.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

Who says the light isn't off? ;)
  • Options
    Who says the light isn't off?

I don't know. I am deaf.
    but that's just it, i DONT see god........i don't have to, i still believe he exists.........and what this form of proof rubbish? a good analogy would be how do you prove aliens don't exist, you can't, the universe is pretty much infinite.........you could not prove there is no god unless you were he........so i'll leave you with that paradox.

Okay. Fair enough. I ain't winning here, mainly because you lot refuse to see sense. You know deep down that you are wrong but won't admit it. That's okay by me and I will leave you to it.

For you the absence of proof is the need for belief and so the less proof the more belief needed. On that logic, no wonder "god" never shows himself.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

The Catholic Church is the one true Christian Church, founded on earth by Jesus, the Son of God, when he gave St Peter, (the first Pope), the mission to build His Church on earth. The core beliefs are consistent and constant, varying not at the whim of fashion or popular culture. The Church is The Rock.

QUOTE]

Absolute rubbish
  • Options
    i wonder why religious people take it upon themselves to spread the good word to people that arn't interested?
    shouldnt non believers be able to speak out,as you god squaders do?
    why do religious people forgive me for my sins??...i dont want you to!!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i wonder why religious people take it upon themselves to spread the good word to people that arn't interested?
    shouldnt non believers be able to speak out,as you god squaders do?
    why do religious people forgive me for my sins??...i dont want you to!!

It is far from all religious people who are missionary pains in the ass.
    And not all people who have a religion or believe in God are religious.
    And what would you call Klintock who's set on disproving God? Isn't he as bad as the born again Christian standing by Leicester Square spreading his word?
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    It is far from all religious people who are missionary pains in the ass.
    And not all people who have a religion or believe in God are religious.
    And what would you call Klintock who's set on disproving God? Isn't he as bad as the born again Christian standing by Leicester Square spreading his word?

if an atheist came up to me in the street with leaflets about how god doesn't exist i'd have a go at him just like the christain one's...i think everyone knows the concept of religion already...everyone has made their choice...it's hardly as though you grow up your whole life not knowing what god is or the concept of god and then by chance meeting someone in leicster square who tells about this magical man called god and you being converted...it's just not like that thats why they annoy me...
  • Options
    Posted by Aladdin :
    God doesnt exist. Fact.

You are an intolerant bigot. As bad as the worst Christian or Muslim fundementalist. You are also wrong.
  • Options
    tbh there's just as much proof he does exist than he doesn't...there's no hard evidence for either theory...like come on...if you used a book these days to make a point you'd get laughed at...
  • Options
    You are also wrong.

oh interesting...you're basically saying there

god does exist:fact

prove it
  • Options
    Posted by Aladdin :

You are an intolerant bigot. As bad as the worst Christian or Muslim fundementalist.
    Why Matadore, why?

Could you kindly explain to me why God believers have the right to state that there is a God as a fact, but unbelievers don't have the right to state the opposite?

Have you noticed the comments I was replying too?

Engage brain for once before posting bullshit if you please...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

prove it

We will prove God exists right after you prove God does not exist.
  • Options

:confused: i've already said that the jury's open on this one...there's no evidence for either and i'm not going to try and prove either one...it just seems that you'se assume he does exist...and if you're saying he does i say prove it...nothing to do with my own beliefs...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

prove it
    No only he's saying that, which of course he cannot prove, but he seems to be implying that religious folk have the right to state the there is a God but atheists have not the right to say there isn't one.

And they call us the intolerant ones. :rolleyes:

I'm really sick to death to the tyranny of some believers, whose beliefs must not be questioned under any circumstances (because it would "offend" them :rolleyes: ) but who feel free state those beliefs as fact to the rest of us.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'm really sick to death to the tyranny of some believers, whose beliefs must not be questioned under any circumstances (because it would "offend" them :rolleyes: ) but who feel free state those beliefs as fact to the rest of us.

:yes: always has annoyed me and there seems to be a brave few here

example: homosexuality is wrong and immoral...look at passage whatever whatever in book whatever of the bible...see i'm right...all gays should be burned :rolleyes:
  • Options

I will happily prove/disprove "god" but first I need the type of proof we are looking at measuring against. I can do either so pick a proof.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    I will happily prove/disprove "god" but first I need the type of proof we are looking at measuring against. I can do either so pick a proof.

you're just getting into semantics now...i supose you could prove anything if you had a basis for that proof to be proved on
  • Options
    you're just getting into semantics now...i supose you could prove anything if you had a basis for that proof to be proved on

Well, lets have a basis for proof and go from there. I need to know waht proof you would need so that i can supply it, now don't I?
  • Options
    Why Matadore, why?

Telelogical argument

Cosmological Argument

Ontological argument

Disprove those.

I very much doubt you can unless youve got at least a doctorate in Philosophy.

Do you have a doctorate in philosophy?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Well, lets have a basis for proof and go from there. I need to know waht proof you would need so that i can supply it, now don't I?

could you disprove god on a basis that suggests that there is an eternel force that merely oversees human existence rather than interfere...it's mere stipulation of an afterlife is that every human lives their life to the fullest and hasn't cheated on themselves...i doubt you could cos basically above is my belief system....
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    And millions of people will die a needless death through AIDS.
    And entire nations will continue to starve due to overpopulation.
    And women will continue to have a basic yet fundamental personal choice refused.
    And homosexuals will continue to be persecuted.

Africans Hail Conservative Pope

Good 'ol Africa... :D
  • Options
    Teleological argument has unprovable premises, therefore is itself unprovable.
    Premise 1: X was intelligently designed,

Cosmological argument.
    The cosmological argument infers the existence of God from claims about the entire universe.

Basically from Wiki says everything must have a cause and the first cause must be god. In order for there to be a god on the basis of the argument itself that god must have been caused by something else.

Poof, argument falls down and goes bye bye. If there is no need for a cause for god, there is no need for a cause for the universe, so it doesn't follow that there is a god.

Ontological argument is that god can be proved by reason alone and therefore must exist. I can also formulate arguments that god doesn't exist and so on the merits of the argument itself there is either a god from reason or not a god from reason. This means that reason is higher than god and as he's supposed to be above all then he must not exist.
  • Options
    Disprooving arguments there is a God is not actually proof that God does not exist....
  • Options
    All the none-believers are making out like every single believer tries to force 'God does exist' upon them, and are therefore using this as an excuse to say 'God doesn't exist'.

All of the believers are making out the same thing in reverse.

You've got a few people who are STILL trying to question just how Christian some members are by saying SO IZ IT OK IF EYE KILL A MAN WIV SHORT HAIR, which is tired, old, and I'd refer them to my previous post in this thread.

Then, somewhere in the middle you've got that silly wanker still claiming they can prove God doesn't exist. Well guess what, silly wanker; you'll be the first human being ever to do so. You've gone from saying "Prove to me God exists", and upon hearing "Prove to us that he doesn't" you've gone to "Tell me what proof you want". In other words, you can't think of HOW to prove it - BECAUSE IT CAN'T BE PROVED. Maybe if Aladdin tried to explain this you'd listen.

How about I bring it down to your level again and say, in response to "what proof do you want and I'll give it you"; "what proof can you give?" None. You lose. Grow the fuck up.
  • Options
    Disprooving arguments there is a God is not actually proof that God does not exist....

Absence of proof means untested theory. Untested theories are not facts.

Besides I asked for the proof that the people who posted would be happy refuting the existence of "god" on. I am quite happy to rubbish as many arguments as they can throw cos it's kind of fun.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Absence of proof means untested theory. Untested theories are not facts.

Besides I asked for the proof that the people who posted would be happy refuting the existence of "god" on. I am quite happy to rubbish as many arguments as they can throw cos it's kind of fun.

do you admit the possibility that god does exist? please don't talk about on what basis, just the possibility of their being a god...
  • Options
    do you admit the possibility that god does exist? please don't talk about on what basis, just the possibility of their being a god...

Yes of course, I am an agnostic. I would love to be able to think that there was a great big beard in the sky looking out for everyone. I don't have that luxury. I am absolutely sure that I doubt 100%

Show me proof and I will bow down and worship. In the absence of proof I will treat it like any other confidence scam.
    How about I bring it down to your level again and say, in response to "what proof do you want and I'll give it you"; "what proof can you give?" None. You lose. Grow the fuck up.

Nice christian abuse you got there. Any proof will do. As I haven't seen a "god" argument yet that I can't smash in bits in seconds I sincerely hope you can cut the mustard.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Nice christian abuse you got there. Any proof will do. As I haven't seen a "god" argument yet that I can't smash in bits in seconds I sincerely hope you can cut the mustard.

what about mine a few posts back...you didn't reply to it...