Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

new pope

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Before you start praying for me spoilt child you'd be well advised to give your fortune to the poor.

Remember, rich people like you have a express one way ticket to hell, according to your own religion.

And there is no way around that, no matter how hard you try.
    Its not what you have, its how you conduct your life that counts. I lead a good Christian life, go to Mass, help charities, and generally try to make the world a better place for everyone. I believe my contribution is a positive one in line with Christ's teachings. What do you do lamp boy?

There isn't a God. There isn't a Satan. There is no such thing as "sin".
    End of.
    In your opinion.
    I'll still pray for your soul lamp boy, its my Christian duty to do so. Love thy neighbour as oneself.
  • Options
    In your opinion

Prove your own opinion first RK.

Any chance of the proof i asked you for or are you going to ignore my post like you block out all else that doesn't fit your world view?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Its not what you have, its how you conduct your life that counts. I lead a good Christian life, go to Mass, help charities, and generally try to make the world a better place for everyone. I believe my contribution is a positive one in line with Christ's teachings. What do you do lamp boy?
    LOL. You ignore the single most important message Jesus had to give: to love and help others. You despise a great many people and even wish death on them. You are against those in desperate situation coming to this country in search of a better life. You claim to be considerably wealthy, which regardless of your protestations is a definite no-no in Heaven- you should be distributing all your wealth amongst those less fortunate than you.

In short, if you were to meet Jesus he'd give you a massive slap and send you straight to the chap downstairs for a few lessons in humility.

In your opinion.
    Fact.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    LOL. You ignore the single most important message Jesus had to give: to love and help others.
    Yet again you twist words. I have said, and I'll say it again for the last time, I love and help others. Its my Christian duty to do so and I enjoy helping my fellow Man.
    You despise a great many people and even wish death on them. You are against those in desperate situation coming to this country in search of a better life.
    I do not despise people, but I only wish justice on wrong-doers, not necessarily death, although death cannot be ruled out in some extreme cases.
    If "everyone came here in search of a better life" then we would be an even more crowded island than we are already and the already creaking infrastructure would totally collapse, resulting in social instability and a fractured society. Is that what you are advocating?
    You claim to be considerably wealthy, which regardless of your protestations is a definite no-no in Heaven- you should be distributing all your wealth amongst those less fortunate than you.
    I do my bit so I have no fears there lamp boy, rest assured.
    In short, if you were to meet Jesus he'd give you a massive slap and send you straight to the chap downstairs for a few lessons in humility.
    Fact.
    "Judge and you shall not be judged". How presumptuous of you to assume that you know what Jesus would do, it displays an arrogance so often found in those that rush to judge others.
    I'll still pray for the redemption of your soul lamp boy.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Yet again you twist words. I have said, and I'll say it again for the last time, I love and help others. Its my Christian duty to do so and I enjoy helping my fellow Man.
    Other than homosexuals, pregnant women, gypsies, immigrants, drug users, the poor...
    I do not despise people, but I only wish justice on wrong-doers, not necessarily death, although death cannot be ruled out in some extreme cases.
    If "everyone came here in search of a better life" then we would be an even more crowded island than we are already and the already creaking infrastructure would totally collapse, resulting in social instability and a fractured society. Is that what you are advocating?
    We're nowhere near that situation by a million times, as you know very well.

And as for "justice on wrong-doers", if you knew but the most basic teachings of the Bible and Jesus you would know what JHC would think of your wishing drug addicts would overdose and die, or that drug dealers should hung from lampposts.

I do my bit so I have no fears there lamp boy, rest assured.
    Are you rich?

If the answer if yes, you're not doing enough and you're going to hell.

End of.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    "Judge and you shall not be judged". How presumptuous of you to assume that you know what Jesus would do, it displays an arrogance so often found in those that rush to judge others.

How ironic that you continue to use the above quote, when ALL you have been doing is judging others. As you say, it isn't YOUR job to do that - try and practice a bit more of what you preach and apply a bit of tolerance to others as well. what ever happened to 'let he who is without sin, cast the first stone' etc.?
  • Options
    justice

Find me a passage from the bible that has Jesus asking for justice. I bet you can't find one. I also bet you can find dozens of examples of him forgiving folk no matter what though.

No how about some proof for this "god" character or that "satan" guy?
  • Options
    hobbs wrote:
    what utter shite (IMO)

:thumb: ..........catholic church founded on earth by jesus? never heard such crap in my life.......
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    "Judge and you shall not be judged"..

you have now said this twice - where is this quote from, because its not in the many different versions of the Bible i have read.

Rich Kid wrote:

where is the biblical precident for praying for the redemptions of the soul of another?

Philippians 2:12
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Other than homosexuals, pregnant women, gypsies, immigrants, drug users, the poor...
    If you're implying I have anything against such people, you're wrong yet again lamp boy. I may not agree with issues to do with those listed but thats not the same thing at all. They're all human beings with a soul and we should show compassion but nevertheless not tolerate wrong-doing.
    We're nowhere near that situation by a million times, as you know very well.
    The infrastructure is creaking and will collapse as well you know should we have a continous stream of people coming to live here. Housing, schools, medical centres, hospitals, would all be placed under even greater strain resulting in a de-stablised society. We are probably the most densely populated country compared to France & Germany. Are you seeking to de-stablise society?
    And as for "justice on wrong-doers", if you knew but the most basic teachings of the Bible and Jesus you would know what JHC would think of your wishing drug addicts would overdose and die, or that drug dealers should hung from lampposts.
    Justice not revenge. Jesus believed in the law even when it came to paying taxes.
    Are you rich?
    If the answer if yes, you're not doing enough and you're going to hell.
    End of.
    I'm not going to answer a personal question like that except to say I haven't got to worry about money but that does not mean I'll go to hell. As I say I lead as good as Christian life as I can, help my fellow Man, and seek forgiveness for my sins.
  • Options
    They're all human beings with a soul

Proof please.
    The infrastructure is creaking

Proof please.
    Housing, schools, medical centres, hospitals, would all be placed under even greater strain resulting in a de-stablised society

Proof please.
    Justice not revenge. Jesus believed in the law even when it came to paying taxes.

Proof please.
    hell

Proof please.
    sins.

Proof please.

You get the idea by now RK. Instead of posting shite how about something resembling proof instead?
  • Options
    klintock: You are an idiot. Why don't you prove they don't exist? You can't. Just as he can't prove they do. He can only believe. And you can only choose not to.

Rich Kid: I'm all for the Christian faith and from what I've read I'd say we have similar beliefs, but trying to force them onto others isn't going to get you anywhere.
  • Options
    Do the people trying to tear Rich Kid to shreds not realise what the Christian religion teachers? Unlike hideous religions like Islam (wait for that to get edited) - in short- it teachers love your neighbour and treat others with respect and good nature. If we all followed the Christian religion there would be no more murder, no more crime, no more pain and no more suffering ever again.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    If you're implying I have anything against such people, you're wrong yet again lamp boy. I may not agree with issues to do with those listed but thats not the same thing at all. They're all human beings with a soul and we should show compassion but nevertheless not tolerate wrong-doing.
    And what wrongdoing would that be, exactly?

The infrastructure is creaking and will collapse as well you know should we have a continous stream of people coming to live here. Housing, schools, medical centres, hospitals, would all be placed under even greater strain resulting in a de-stablised society. We are probably the most densely populated country compared to France & Germany. Are you seeking to de-stablise society?
    Creaking and about to collapse eh? LOL! And you talk about "lies and spin"?

Are you on ket this morning?

And do you think he would have approved of your suggestion that drug dealers should be executed and hung from lampposts?

Do you have but the slightest glimpse of an idea of what Jesus actually taught?

Or is there a special Bible printed and distributed for your kind, that the rest of us don't know about?

I'm not going to answer a personal question like that except to say I haven't got to worry about money but that does not mean I'll go to hell. As I say I lead as good as Christian life as I can, help my fellow Man, and seek forgiveness for my sins.
    You don't need to answer now... LOL. You have already done so many times, from the very name you have chosen to your endless gratitouts remarks about nice houses, BMWs, multi-million Pound family business and investment opportunities.

According to your own bragging, you ARE rich.

And thus, unless you dispose of that wealth pretty soon, you ARE going to hell.

Sorry fella.
  • Options
    Do the people trying to tear Rich Kid to shreds not relies what the Christian religion teachers? Unlike hideous religions like Islam (wait for that to get edited) - in short- it teachers love your neighbour and treat others with respect and good nature.

Of course all Christians always teach respect and good nature. That's why quite a few of them want single mothers, homsexuals, drug users, athiests, followers of other faiths etc etc ostracised, socially excluded and barred from voicing their opinions. I take it you've seen evangelical websites in the US that call for the execution of one or more of those groups?
    If we all followed the Christian religion there would be no more murder, no more crime, no more pain and no more suffering ever again.

I'm sure that's exactly what the Taliban said when they took power in Afghanistan. And whatever you may say, Christianity and Islam are precisely the same at heart - theistic religions with pretensions to universality and an inbuilt intolerance to those who question them.
  • Options
    Do the people trying to tear Rich Kid to shreds not realise what the Christian religion teachers? Unlike hideous religions like Islam (wait for that to get edited) - in short- it teachers love your neighbour and treat others with respect and good nature. If we all followed the Christian religion there would be no more murder, no more crime, no more pain and no more suffering ever again.

what about tolerance, mate? Oh, and if that Islam is so 'hideous' then why aren't all muslims 'evil'?
  • Options
    Your ignorance of Islam is gigantic.
  • Options
    Capacity wrote:
    Rich Kid: I'm all for the Christian faith and from what I've read I'd say we have similar beliefs, but trying to force them onto others isn't going to get you anywhere.
    You're right Capacity. I'm coming from a Christian view-point when most of those opposing are atheists. The trouble is the Faith cannot be comprised by trendiniess, fads or fashion, or popluar culture, it must remain pure despite those who cannot or will not accept it.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Your ignorance of Islam is gigantic.

Your hatred of religion is repulsive.
  • Options
    Well said Born Slippy, lamp boy sups with Satan.
  • Options
    LOL. And you dare speak?

Do tell us why Islam is so hideous then.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Well said Born Slippy, lamp boy sups with Satan.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    klintock: You are an idiot. Why don't you prove they don't exist? You can't. Just as he can't prove they do. He can only believe. And you can only choose not to.

Sure I can.

What sort of proof would you like?

Scientific? Empirical? Methodological? Sensory?

Pick one.

Or how about advancing some proof of your own.
    Oh and very christian the whole "you are an idiot" bit. Now the christian thing to do here would be apologise, so I will let you do it now.

One more time - proof please.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Actually, for those who know shit all about Islam it preaches nearly the same as The Bible, peace amoungst men etc, but just like Christianity abused The Bible, Islamist extremists chose to abuse the Koran, using it as a tool for hate like Christian extremists do.

Religion is abused by those who desire power, all the time. George Bush appealing to the Christian Extremists while carrying out word contradicting The Bible itself, Osama Bin Laden doing the same with the Koran. The Inquisition was the worst that The Bible was ever used for; Where exactally has Islam ever done something that bad?

No Religion is my choice to, so I am obviously a Godless hethen and you two would have me burnt at the stake. But at least I don't think my Religion is the one to end all religions, I can accept people have different beleifs to my own, and at least I understand them. Unlike you two, obviously.

Ignorance is no Excuse.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:

Secondly the bible is outdated and is not fit to rule the modern world by.

Thirdly, i don't want to have to have the writings of the bible imposed on me and neither do millions of people.

The bible is not outdated - the people interpretating it might be though.
  • Options
    I understand that the choice of the new pope sends out a signal and whatever, but at the end of the day you have to realise that in less than a week no one will care.
    Who cared about John Paul? Seriously, who even regarded him as a spokesperson for the Catholic Church?
  • Options
    Sadly hundreds of millions of people in Africa and throughout the world do.

Sadly the heads of the Catholic Church in countless countries do.

And as a result condoms are not as freely available as they should (or they're banned altogether).

And millions of people will die a needless death through AIDS.

And entire nations will continue to starve due to overpopulation.

And women will continue to have a basic yet fundamental personal choice refused.

And homosexuals will continue to be persecuted.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    I understand that the choice of the new pope sends out a signal and whatever, but at the end of the day you have to realise that in less than a week no one will care.
    Who cared about John Paul? Seriously, who even regarded him as a spokesperson for the Catholic Church?
    Dear oh dear you poor soul. I'll pray for you.
  • Options
    The bible is not outdated - the people interpretating it might be though.

:eek2: :nervous:

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/homosexuality/lv18_22.html

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/religious_tolerance/dt13_15-16.html

Have you ever read the fucking book? It's all stations to barking and about as relevant to modern life as a dinosaur.
  • Options
    That is a vintage website klintock! :D