Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mrs Moroccan Roll...?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it would in most cases, yes, and common sense should be used.

Someone very cynical could theoretically investigate almost anyone- smokers, drinkers, those who eat food with high saturated fat contents- as well. They're also harming themselves at the end of the day...
  • Options
    i know she says about short -term memory loss...but what about the other side affects linked to canabis, such as paranoia and mental health problems?

are these less if it is eaten than smoked? i can't say i blame her from the point of view of pain relief...but i'd rather know about the long term effects too before gps start prescribing it! i have never tried it so i dont really know but surely growing it herself is a better choice than getting it off a dealer? supplying is a different matter though.

just hope she isnt a member of the WI !
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    And most unpredictable.

and legal tablets are, they produce the worst side-effects.

it scares me how serious some people take the law, are you lost in your own conformity or something, are you not human, Jesus Christ, i realy do ask you all to smoke a joint and feel life or something.
  • Options
    i know she says about short -term memory loss...but what about the other side affects linked to canabis, such as paranoia and mental health problems?

are these less if it is eaten than smoked? i can't say i blame her from the point of view of pain relief...but i'd rather know about the long term effects too before gps start prescribing it!

i suggest you do some research, those long term problems don't happen to all cannabis users, only those who are already pre-disposed to a mental illness, anyway, too much of anything is bad for you, even water, i reckon this women knows what she's at, is able to control herself and is very sensible, unlike the drunken teen yobs of today's world.
  • Options
    Its all just pissing in the wind anyway, we can not get out of the UN treaties we have for cannabis and other illegal drugs.

We can NOT legalise cannabis.

As for use as a medicine, there are very good reasons to use it as a spray, for example, someone who works does not want to be stonned all day.

As for this case they could easily give her a caution and be done with it.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    It(In the case of the latter, some might object to paying the medical bill afterwards, but that's another matter).
    It's not really another matter if you end up with half the population pissed, half stoned and half dying of smoking related diseases.

Why couldn't she just shut up about it? This is just a storm in a tea cup. The number of old wives tales and home made remedies I've heard makes this case seem so insignificant it's not even funny.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i suggest you do some research, those long term problems don't happen to all cannabis users, only those who are already pre-disposed to a mental illness, anyway, too much of anything is bad for you, even water, i reckon this women knows what she's at, is able to control herself and is very sensible, unlike the drunken teen yobs of today's world.

i didnt say they were...not everyone knows if the are pre-disposed or not though, i know enough to know not everyone is effected by it like that but it is a consideration.
  • Options
    not everyone knows if the are pre-disposed or not though

it's not cannabis' fault if people don't already care for/find out about their mental health.
  • Options
    Part of the problem with debates like this is it is polorised.

Those who are in favor claim that cannabis is a wonder drug which can cure all the worlds ills and the other side say its a deadly poison.

The truth is it is a potentially dangerous drug, however, this mild danger is only worsened by the law.

It has some applications medically (we think) though actually applying it is troublesome.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Part of the problem with debates like this is it is polorised.

Those who are in favor claim that cannabis is a wonder drug which can cure all the worlds ills and the other side say its a deadly poison.

aye, the majority who think its wonderful have tried it, and the majority of people who think its a deadly poison have been lapping up the government's bullshit for years and are too indoctrinated to see the light....so of course it's polarised, anyone who smokes or has smoked pot knows how much crap all the hype is......that's why its now class C, cos there is no proven causal effect.....it's like if you have mild asthma you really shouldn't smoke cos it aggravates it, but smoking in itself doesn't give you asthma.......
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    it's not cannabis' fault if people don't already care for/find out about their mental health.

not everyone can find out....people who are adopted etc dont always have access to that information
  • Options
    not everyone can find out....people who are adopted etc dont always have access to that information

:confused: what are you talking about.
  • Options
    im neither of those though - i have chosen not to try it, i dont believe its a deadly poison and i do think it has painkilling benefits....its just not something that currently appeals to me. thats not to say i wouldnt ever....particularly if i was suffering from a painful illness/disease. i would just want to be fully aware of the possible side affects.

is it better to eat it then?
  • Options
    is it better to eat it then?

It is better for the body because you are not smoking it, it is however longer lasting, less predictable in terms of dose and more hallucinogenic.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    :confused: what are you talking about.

mental illness can be genetic and people who are adopted sometimes dont have access to that sort of information....its not that they dont care about their mental health, the just dont necessarily have the info to tell them whether it can affect them long term or not.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    It is better for the body because you are not smoking it, it is however longer lasting, less predictable in terms of dose and more hallucinogenic.

also paralizes you if you eat too much

ETA: not permantely of course
  • Options
    mental illness can be genetic and people who are adopted sometimes dont have access to that sort of information....its not that they dont care about their mental health, the just dont necessarily have the info to tell them whether it can affect them long term or not.

yes it can be genetic but whats stopping an adopted person finding out about their mental health, if you think you have some problems go see a doctor, again, it's not cannabis' fault if someone doesn't do this.
  • Options
    my point is that in some cases it can be a trigger thats all. if you dont know you are pre-disposed to mental health problems and you use cannabis -and that triggers them ...its too late then.
    no -one has any reason to question their mental health until they have problems do they?
  • Options
    my point is that in some cases it can be a trigger thats all. if you dont know you are pre-disposed to mental health problems and you use cannabis -and that triggers them ...its too late then.
    no -one has any reason to question their mental health until they have problems do they?

i think you're missing my point, it's up to the person to care for their body, everybody should care, there's no point in saying "cannabis is evil cos my son has schizophrenia now", more like "my son is stupid cos he still smoked cannabis regularly when he should have known better".
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i think you're missing my point, it's up to the person to care for their body, everybody should care, there's no point in saying "cannabis is evil cos my son has schizophrenia now", more like "my son is stupid cos he still smoked cannabis regularly when he should have known better".

i dont believe i said anything like that! just said that those sort of side affects need to be taken into consideration.
  • Options
    i dont believe i said anything like that! just said that those sort of side affects need to be taken into consideration.

aye, i'm just saying that not everyone develops them and legal drugs have just as bad or worse side effects :)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    aye, i'm just saying that not everyone develops them and legal drugs have just as bad or worse side effects :)

i know it isnt everyone. agree.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    yes it can be genetic but whats stopping an adopted person finding out about their mental health, if you think you have some problems go see a doctor, again, it's not cannabis' fault if someone doesn't do this.
    Sorry turlough, but either you're unbelievably naive or you're missing the point. I assume it's the latter, but if not you clearly don't understand the principles of mental illness.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    but if not you clearly don't understand the principles of mental illness.

what do you mean by this, in relation to mental illness when smoking cannabis or in general.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    what do you mean by this, in relation to mental illness when smoking cannabis or in general.
    In that somebody developing a mental illness, particular of the types in which cannabis has been implicated, is unlikely to have a logical thought process and present themselves to their GP.

Drug use, of the sort likely to lead to health problems, is inextricably linked to social disadvantage and less access and appropriate use of health services.

If you honestly think problem drug users weigh up the pros and cons of their next fix, then you really are naive.
  • Options
    true but you don't smoke a joint and go crazy overnight, the effects are a lot more gradual and cumulative than that.........like when i was smoking an 1/8th a day + i noticed after a few months i was talking to myself in my head, and then thinking out loud, you know a bit more than normal......it didn't feel right, so i cut it out.....i didn't turn schizophrenic overnight, and was able to help myself......now i know my limits, there's no lasting harm done and i still smoke and hope to graduate this year with a 1st..........this is why i think the mental effects are exaagerated.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    It's not really another matter if you end up with half the population pissed, half stoned and half dying of smoking related diseases.

Three halves eh? :p
  • Options
    Three half's eh? :p
    New Labour maths. ;)
  • Options
    The halves don't have to be exclusive
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    The halves don't have to be exclusive