Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mrs Moroccan Roll...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    I'm torn.

I can see both sides of the argument and I don't know which side to fall down on.
  • Options
    whats there to be torn about, the women is using a natural method to relieve her pain, why does she deserve 4 years inside, scandalous.
  • Options
    Well, many would say that they're torn because she's breaking the law and supplying other people.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Well, many would say that they're torn because she's breaking the law and supplying other people.

most, includng you don't know what cannabis is or does so you're not in a position to judge.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    whats there to be torn about, the women is using a natural method to relieve her pain, why does she deserve 4 years inside, scandalous.
    well she seems to be supplying it, but still i dont see a problem with her smoking it for her pains. i am a firm believer that the UK and other countries should legalise cannabis, even if its only on striclty prescription only basis....so many people would benefit from it
  • Options
    Amira wrote:
    well she seems to be supplying it

yes but to consenting adults who are also in pain, just look at it from a logical point of view
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    most, includng you don't know what cannabis is or does so you're not in a position to judge.
    That doesn't change the fact she's breaking the law.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    That doesn't change the fact she's breaking the law.

still trapped fiend yea?????????????
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    yes but to consenting adults who are also in pain, just look at it from a logical point of view
    i know, but shes still supplying it. i know what your saying and totally agree, but if the law allows her to supply it....regardless of to who it is, then they are pretty much saying "yeh we dont mind if you deal weed to people" where do they draw the line i have no idea, but i think it is quite a bit harsh in her case. if she can prove that shes only been providing it to people for medicinal purposes then good on her and i hope she brings this to the courts attention as well as the governments
  • Options
    Amira wrote:
    i know, but shes still supplying it. i know what your saying and totally agree, but if the law allows her to supply it....regardless of to who it is, then they are pretty much saying "yeh we dont mind if you deal weed to people" where do they draw the line i have no idea, but i think it is quite a bit harsh in her case. if she can prove that shes only been providing it to people for medicinal purposes then good on her and i hope she brings this to the courts attention as well as the governments

true and i agree, thing is, some people actually think she should go down for it and even those who sit on the fence need to put things in perspective a bit.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    true and i agree, thing is, some people actually think she should go down for it and even those who sit on the fence need to put things in perspective a bit.
    thats what pisses me off about laws, they dont account for when things dont fit the norm of the abnormal if you get what i mean. i mean get real this woman is nearly 70 and they want to imprision her for 4 years...get real!!! but i do respect her for saying shes not scared of prison.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

LOL, you can't be serious!?

How can you be "torn" over a story of an old granny getting collared by the plod for growing cannabis, eating it and distributing it to other medicinal users?

There can be no real arguments against legalisation of cannabis, medicinal or otherwise; just foolish reaction.

And as for this whole "oh, but it breaks the law", that's no argument. Only fools follow laws blindly; everything needs to be challenged.
  • Options
    Yes she is breaking the law, but to go down for helping others to be free from pain is diabolical. Its not like she is like one of these big drug dealers, she's just a woman who has found a substance to curb her pain and now she is gonna be penalised for it.
    Its about time this country sorted its priorities out tbh.
  • Options
    Well, that's exactly the point. We're torn because she's not, as such, doing anything wrong. But she is breaking the law. No-one would give a shit if it were some nasty little chav stoner. But it's a harmless old woman.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    But she is breaking the law. No-one would give a shit if it were some nasty little chav stoner. But it's a harmless old woman.

you're still trapped, i would help you but you need to help yourself first.
  • Options
    You know, in this kind of situation my only reply is "fuck the law".

So fucking what if she breaks it? She distributes it, but apparently with the intent to help others relief their pain too.

What's the difference between prescribing morphine and cannabis?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Well, that's exactly the point. We're torn because she's not, as such, doing anything wrong. But she is breaking the law. No-one would give a shit if it were some nasty little chav stoner. But it's a harmless old woman.

So fuck the law - why can't you just get your head round it?

Why does "the law" matter so much in a case like this? There can be no real arguments against legalisation for medicinal purpose (and otherwise ;) ), the "law" is not some kind of divine command you know :rolleyes: .
  • Options
    Making exceptions are dangerous, where does it stop?
  • Options
    fiend, take these things into consideration

laws-who made them, why, do they have the authroity to do so, utility of law, human freedom, existence, choice, matter, life.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

Why does an old woman have to suffer from pains?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

Oh FFS, come on. You need to leave your ivory tower.

Old grannies - or anyone else for that matter - smoking cannabis, or growing it, should be no concern of the law. That's just logic.
  • Options
    True. I don't care if she smokes cannabis or not. Point is that the law can't be seen to make an exception.
  • Options
    It wouldn't be an exception. It would be an opening allowing old people and sclerosis patients to relief their pains.

You have to understand, it's not a headache. It's actual pain.
  • Options
    im on the side of the old granny. Why the hell should she use potentially much more dangerous painkillers with a lot worse side effects, just because the government are afraid to legalise cannabis.
    I think her downfall is supplying it to others, but if it were legal, she wouldnt have to, but at least shes highlighting the cause.
  • Options
    seeing as tony blair now seems to be gay, cannabis legalisation is sure to come :lol:

but honestly, it helps so many people with so many compaints, and it's probably cheaper to produce and would take a huge berden off the shoulders of the police.

I wish there were people like that.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't take a side on the specific matter (not yet at least) but I'll say that if the only thing against what she's doing is the law, then there's nothing important against what she's doing.

One question though: The article said about a "cookery club". Does that mean that they were selling these things to people who didn't know what's in them? I hope not.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    True. I don't care if she smokes cannabis or not. Point is that the law can't be seen to make an exception.

I agree.

She obviously needs it, and she should be allowed to use it, but as the law currently stands (and it is a legal debate, rather than a moralistic one), she is breaking the law, and seeing as older people have gone to prison for not paying their TV licence and other such trivial matters, her age doesn't really come into it. Either way, either everyone or no one should go to prison for it. One makes much more sense than the other one, and this lady is a perfect example of it, but the law should be changed, not bended.
  • Options
    What's the difference between prescribing morphine and cannabis?
    Largely that she's not qualified to prescribe either.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    Largely that she's not qualified to prescribe either.

No, but a doctor could do that, and that's my point.
  • Options
    No, but a doctor could do that, and that's my point.
    Oh, yeah, I absolutely agree. I don't understand why it hasnt' been prescribed in her case actually.