Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Happy Cannabis Day!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The reason why people smuggle tobacco and alcohol into this country is because they are both very highly taxed.
  • Options
    That doesn't explain why they sell it on, does it.
    I can understand people bringing it in for themselves, the gangs that bring it in and sell it for a profit are the major problem.
  • Options
    Yes it does. Supply and demand. People want cheap baccy and booze, other people can supply it by smuggling.

Simple.
  • Options
  • Options
    It was made illegal after it had been legal.
    Same thing happened with cannabis, true. But a hell of a lot more people drink than they to take cannabis.
  • Options
    Sorry don't get your point. :confused:
  • Options
  • Options
    Whowheres point.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere

The thing thats pissing me off as well are the stupid fucks who think it's ok to smoke it in public, I'll be on the look out for them and they'll wish they hadn't.
    oh for fucks sake whowfucking where ...get fucking real! you realy haven't a clue about people and life ...sadly thats what seems to make a good ignorant fucking copper these days. is it any wonder coppers end up only being able to associate with coppers ...further removing them from reality. your in for some big shocks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    oh for fucks sake whowfucking where ...get fucking real! you realy haven't a clue about people and life ...sadly thats what seems to make a good ignorant fucking copper these days. is it any wonder coppers end up only being able to associate with coppers ...further removing them from reality. your in for some big shocks.

All i said was it pisses me off when people smoke it in public, it stinks, especially when people smoke it on public transport or in public buildings.
  • Options

The police may be hated, you'll hate us even more when you realise that the reason your beloved weed has gone up in price is because we're seizing the houses, cars and bank accounts of the people who grow it.
    you are truly an ignorant fuck ...like most cops i ever met unfortunately.
    the war against drugs has been going on for over thirty years ...with the result that more acres than ever before across the world grow coke ...dope ...opium. with the result that the uk now grows so much top quality weed that we are now a major exporter ...while you dumb fucks are trying to stop it coming in ...it's actualy going out.
    the war on drugs has failed misserably. it's only sucsess being to hand 10 billion quid a year to villains in the uk alone.
    watch out everyone ...a new super hero called whowhere is here to enforce law and order ...wearing his underpants over his fucking head!
    by the way ...the victorian studies are to this day the most respected ...highly proffesional and still up to date with the last hundred years research.
    i'm begining to think that a certain kind of person hides from reality by becoming a copper ...a uniform a pair of big boots and a little bit of power over other people ...good way of hiding your ignorance me thinks.
    you get out there mate and bash the druggys with your big stick ...oh ...not forgetting your views on homelessness ...kick 'em in the shop doorways while they're down ...you'll go far i'm sure.
    but ...the drugs that have been here in abundance for the last three hundred years WON'T ...be going away. what a waste of your time aye.
  • Options
    whowhere ...can i just reccomend a book you may find interesting.
    it might well give you an insight about the kinds of people involved in the movement, production and distribution of cannabis.
    it's not an intelectualy demanding book.
    the book is ...MR NICE ...an autobiography. by Howard Marks.
    published by vintage 1998.
    i'm sure you'll be able to hate mr marks with a vengance. it may give you a little glimpse of truth regarding a topic you appear to know absolutely nothing about. it will i'm sure give you an insight into the people ...the human beings involved.
  • Options
    All i said was it pisses me off when people smoke it in public, it stinks, especially when people smoke it on public transport or in public buildings.

I agree that people shouldn't smoke on public transport. But that applies to cigarettes as well as weed. Someone walking down the road with a spliff or chilling in the park having a smoke doesn't do any harm though.
  • Options
    Would you have a problem Whowhere with someone sitting on a bench in a square smoking a joint and minding his own business, with no kids around?
  • Options
    I'm going to look forward to prosecuting every last one of them.

is your beat in balamory by any chance? sure i've seen you there ...
  • Options
    The NHS side already accosiated with mental heath is already underfunded. I don't think adding millions of space cadets to that list is going to be very cost effective or productive.

Here's my, slightly more ballsy proposal:

Possession with intent to supply/ Dealing : 10 years minimum.
    Use in public : 6 months
    Sutable amount in home /medicinal with permission of a doctor(over 18) : 100% legal
    Use in home (under 18) : 3 months

I'd personally have a nation of faggers than space cadets.

Your're better off smoking banana skins :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    But if they were to legalise and control it like alcohol, then it could be taxed in the same way as alcohol and tobacco.
    and considering we spend billions of pounds a year on weed in this country and ...now export top quality weed as well ...the governbment are missing out big time.
    but lets just keep things the way they are instead of the government having any kind of control over the situation we'll leave it to razor rick and his mates to live the high life. tax free high life at that.
    i don't know why but people seem to assume that keeping it illegal or upping the penalties will somehow make it go away or make it safer.
    up the penalties enough and i can assure you the world will become more violent ...much more violent. more dead coppers etc.
    we are talking billions of quids here.
    and who the fuck do any of you think you are ...telling me i cannot grow a certain herb on my windowsill along with my ginger and chillies and use it as i see fit? yes realy!
  • Options
    Alcohol and tobacco already cause enough problems, why add another even though it is "medically lesser" than the other few?

I don't think completely legalising it would entirely solve the problem and I think regulating it would be harder than Alcohol and Tobacco.

What we need is proper research into the effects. If it were safe and doesn't cause problems I'd support it's legalisation but tell that to the dealers. Those are the people we as a nation need to target in the pocket more than anything else. As long as there are panda-eyed dependants outside inner city comprehensives I will never support 100% decrimilisation, it's not worth it.

The only reason alcohol and tobacco are legal is because we've been drunk and smoking for hundreds of years.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Braineater
    The only reason alcohol and tobacco are legal is because we've been drunk and smoking for hundreds of years.
    so we have only recently started smoking weed then?
    funny ...i've smoked for 36 years now. my father smoked in egypt in the 1940,s when he was in charge of motor torpedo boats in and around the suez canal. my grandfathers generation in the 1930's were into the stuff real big time ...very fashionable, especialy in america. his father in victorian england would have been buying cannabis legaly along with opium tincture.
    it's been a stoned world like forever!
  • Options
    You misunderstand me, I'm all for it in the home at a reasonable quantity, it's none of the states business but it's on the streets , inticing kiddies and our precious doctors of tommorow that gets to me.

Grow your own by all means, smoke the odd spliff for pain relief or whatever just don't even consider selling it. :)

I'm not against it, but I am against creating social pressures where they are not warrented.
  • Options

I am against creating social pressures where they are not warrented.
    unfortunately mate those pressures are there already but with no controls. i believe the illegality of it gives it a rock n roll rebellious robin hood outlaw romanticism, that could be removed. it is already happening in holland.
    the truth is ...it won't go away. millions of people from all walks of life are and will continue to use it. giving crime a donation of billions of untaxed pounds cannot be a sensible way to aproach this.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Would you have a problem Whowhere with someone sitting on a bench in a square smoking a joint and minding his own business, with no kids around?

Seeing as I can't tell from a distance the difference between a joint and a fag I'd probably leave him alone.
    If he walked up to me and blew it in my face then it would be different.

Rolly, I'm "fucking ignorant" and hate drugs because I'm seeing with my own eyes what a shit hole this country is becoming because of them.
    Nearly every crime in every major city can be attributed to them. I've had friends and work colleagues throw their lives away for the sake of getting high.
    I went out a few months ago, we stopped by one of their houses, she and her mates were all fucking stoners. One guy was just sat on the couch babbling to himself. And this makes us a great country? A guy, who could barely control his own bladder, let alone his ability to stop drool running down his mouth is the future of this country?

This is what it's like to be free to smoke what we want? Pull the other one. Now you want to make the damn things legal? You think that the gangs will go, that turf wars will be a thing of the past just because it is legal to sell and use them? Or do you suggest government controlled "outlets", fat lot of good that would do, it would just create a new tax and smugglers would be out getting it on the cheap from France.

Legalising it would make the problems worse, not better. We've only just managed to get the message across that drinking and driving is a bad thing to do, now we'll have to start the whole thing over with drugs and driving. "Excuse me sir, have you been popping E's tonight?"

If you legalise drugs, then the drug lords win. They already believe they have more power than the rest of us, making their "trade" legal would just make them believe they are Gods. Look at South America, Colombia in particular. The government there turn a blind eye for a short space of time, the next thing they know they are at war.
  • Options
    whowhere ...you just don't get it do you. are you telling me that anna ford the news reader is sitting at home a dribbling wreck cos she has taken coke and smoked weed for the last tenty five years ...sir paul mcartney? deidre barlow from coronation street ...smoked the same dope as me from the same place for the same length of time ...queen victoria ...will self ...mick jagger ...a few million others including aneasthetists and surgeons ...artists politicians and ...heaven forbid a lot of coppers?
    coppers to the extent that the chief constable of manchester refuses to do random drug checks on his force becuase cannabis can be traced for up to two months ...where class A's are only for about 24hrs? he stated quite sensibly that he would rather his cops smoke a weed than resort to class A's to avoid a positive result.
    you know some very strange and miserable wrecks of people mate ...or did you make that bit up?
  • Options
    The NHS side already accosiated with mental heath is already underfunded. I don't think adding millions of space cadets to that list is going to be very cost effective or productive.

Here's my, slightly more ballsy proposal:

Possession with intent to supply/ Dealing : 10 years minimum.
    Use in public : 6 months
    Sutable amount in home /medicinal with permission of a doctor(over 18) : 100% legal
    Use in home (under 18) : 3 months

I'd personally have a nation of faggers than space cadets.

Your're better off smoking banana skins :naughty:

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

What you been smoking?
  • Options

Humans have been using cannabis for thousands of years.

What was your point again? :confused:
  • Options
    Seeing as I can't tell from a distance the difference between a joint and a fag I'd probably leave him alone.
    If he walked up to me and blew it in my face then it would be different.

Rolly, I'm "fucking ignorant" and hate drugs because I'm seeing with my own eyes what a shit hole this country is becoming because of them.
    Nearly every crime in every major city can be attributed to them. I've had friends and work colleagues throw their lives away for the sake of getting high.
    I went out a few months ago, we stopped by one of their houses, she and her mates were all fucking stoners. One guy was just sat on the couch babbling to himself. And this makes us a great country? A guy, who could barely control his own bladder, let alone his ability to stop drool running down his mouth is the future of this country?

This is what it's like to be free to smoke what we want? Pull the other one. Now you want to make the damn things legal? You think that the gangs will go, that turf wars will be a thing of the past just because it is legal to sell and use them? Or do you suggest government controlled "outlets", fat lot of good that would do, it would just create a new tax and smugglers would be out getting it on the cheap from France.

Legalising it would make the problems worse, not better. We've only just managed to get the message across that drinking and driving is a bad thing to do, now we'll have to start the whole thing over with drugs and driving. "Excuse me sir, have you been popping E's tonight?"

If you legalise drugs, then the drug lords win. They already believe they have more power than the rest of us, making their "trade" legal would just make them believe they are Gods. Look at South America, Colombia in particular. The government there turn a blind eye for a short space of time, the next thing they know they are at war.

Have you actually read anything on this thread? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Have you actually read anything on this thread? :rolleyes:
    it's a bit worrying that he can't tell the difference between a roll up and a spliff but is sworn to arrest everyone he sees smoking a spliff don't you think ...
  • Options
    hopefully he'll learn
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    hopefully he'll learn
    through some fucking big hairy arsed hells angel rolling an old holborn unfortunately.