Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Carrying on racial debate

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Can someone answer a question which I posted earlier.

Why do we have places like The Benefits Agency who provide Interpretors for people, they have phone lines especially for these people, well why ?
    As I have said before I have no problem with people coming here but at least learn our language. It really bugs me when people move into the country and when they are allowed to stay still dont learn the language. To me thats wrong and they should be made to learn the language.
    Er... because it takes a young, skilled student at least 9 months to learn a language to the level where they can manage to have interviews or talk legal issues. So imagine how long it would take an old, semi-literate farmer to learn English.

By which time benefits would no longer be needed because the man would have died of hunger and exposure.
  • Options
    So imagine how long it would take an old, semi-literate farmer to learn English.

why should an old, semi-literate farmer (assuming an asylum-migrant) come to the UK, crossing a continent of safe countries? if he's an economic migrant we don't want him anyway.

The cases of asylum-migrants could be decided by a panel of senior-immigration officers v. quickly, giving them access to our legal system has proved a costly error.

I6k per family pa (D.Mail, not refuted by Asylum Action guy on radio) More than many of them would get back hoe, who pays - taxpayers.
  • Options
    i don't know what the solutions are but ...it can't be ok for the white westerners to control all the worlds gold, diamonds, oil, bananas, etc etc and then complain when the people left destitute becuase of our greed want to have a share.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

By which time benefits would no longer be needed because the man would have died of hunger and exposure.

At the end of the day if they are coming here they should learn the language, If i move to another country are they gonna have people telling me what i can claim and what i cant ?
    Also if people come to england to live then they should receive mimimum benefit, ive heard stories where they are raking it in. normally what happens is one person moves in and before you know it they have the whole family, which can be quite large families so why should we support them ?
    Another thing I have seen are cars with Asian families in, the cars can be overloaded. So when a police car stops them then the police are then being racist arent they.
  • Options
    At the end of the day if they are coming here they should learn the language, If i move to another country are they gonna have people telling me what i can claim and what i cant ?
    Also if people come to england to live then they should receive mimimum benefit, ive heard stories where they are raking it in. normally what happens is one person moves in and before you know it they have the whole family, which can be quite large families so why should we support them ?
    Another thing I have seen are cars with Asian families in, the cars can be overloaded. So when a police car stops them then the police are then being racist arent they.
    i don't know what you been reading Bb but the vast majority of imigrants start working as soon as possible and contributing to our nation.
    i think you should be more concerned with the fat idle rich who pay the minimum wages they can ...make the biggest proffit possible and have off shore bank accounts so they can bleed us but put as little as is humanly possible back into the system that allows them to get so fat!
  • Options
    immigrants have always had a bad press. after two world wars, especialy after the second one ...there wern't enough males left alive and or fit and healthy enough to rebuild the U.K. so we encouraged immigrants from the west indies ...with free passage, cheap housing etc, to come here and drive the buses, the trains, work in factories etc. oh my god all these black people coming taking over our country. we needed them! then we basicaly treated them like shit.
    in the mid sixties there was a big influx of asians to work in the textile mills. we needed them. they worked their nuts off. ten men would live in a two up two down ...they would buy the house ...then another one and another one ...by working double and tripple shifts! "oh my god ...how many pakis are living in one house ...they are like animals" ...they were grafting seriously hard and pooling their recourses. as self serve shops and supermarkets started to appear in the mid 60's the death of the corner shop was imminent. they couldn't compete on price. the asians saw an opportunity and realised that if you were willing to work all the hours god sent ...you could make them work. few white english were willing to put that much effort in! asians saved our corner shops.
    we now have a l;ack of white english wanting to be nurses ...so we are getting them from the philipines. who does this island belong to? who has it ever belonged to. whats your ancestry?
    it has always been this way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by solo
    why should an old, semi-literate farmer (assuming an asylum-migrant) come to the UK, crossing a continent of safe countries? if he's an economic migrant we don't want him anyway.

Speak for yourself. I don't mind. Its probably the Wests trade rules that have screwed his subsistence farming in the first place.
  • Options
    Also if people come to england to live then they should receive mimimum benefit, ive heard stories where they are raking it in.

Don't believe the hype. Asylum seekers get 70% of normal benefits. Hardly "raking it in" is it?

Read this http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/infocentre/faqs/faqs001.htm
  • Options
    So Blagsta im wrong to beleive they get help furnishing their home ? Who pays for that ? they have no money but have a furnished house, now either they are lying when they say they are destitute or the government is giving them money.
    You tell me which is correct.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i think you'll find that most of them do eventualy. if your hubby suddenly drags you and the kids off to a foriegn dream job ...how long will it take you, while bringing up the kids and working etc ...to learn arabic or urdu?

I wouldnt move there, so wouldnt have that problem. But if i did move to a foreign country would i have translators all over to help me ?
  • Options
    Beckyboo; Yes they probably do get help with their house etc. But if we are to accept them we cant let them live on the street.

And as some of us have pointed out, the relative cost of immigration is really low.

Take my neighborhood for example, there is a mix of quite poor eastern european immigrants, some of whom I'm sure get benefits etc. However if you go over a few streets there is a very rich Indian sub continant area. I'm sure that the tax from the rich area easily pays for those in the other.

In most cases immigrants pay back and more what they were given.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Beckyboo; Yes they probably do get help with their house etc. But if we are to accept them we cant let them live on the street.

and that makes it ok ?
    We have people who for whatever reason are living rough on the street, people who were born here, so should they not receive the help before any immigrant ?
  • Options
    Its not a question of one before the other, we should help BOTH.

Are you totaly against any immigration untill we have no homeless then?
  • Options
    So Blagsta im wrong to beleive they get help furnishing their home ? Who pays for that ? they have no money but have a furnished house, now either they are lying when they say they are destitute or the government is giving them money.
    You tell me which is correct.

Have you read that link I posted?
  • Options
    and that makes it ok ?
    We have people who for whatever reason are living rough on the street, people who were born here, so should they not receive the help before any immigrant ?

Thats a ridiculous argument and you know it. The 2 things are entirely unrelated.

And what do you do to help homeless people?
  • Options
    Originally posted by solo
    if he's an economic migrant we don't want him anyway.

You are an idiot, at leats giant no.1 acknowledged the fact that economic migrants can be good even from purely self interested point of view.

Would you refuse treatment from a foreign doctor?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

In most cases immigrants pay back and more what they were given.

This is indeed a FACT.

I mentioned it before in the post-war era the average immigration has had a net benefit on the economy

All those who oppose the immigration, you are richer because of immigration: BE GRATEFUL!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Thats a ridiculous argument and you know it. The 2 things are entirely unrelated.

And what do you do to help homeless people?

BULLSHIT Blagsta. They are related, we have homeless people in this country who cant get accomodation, because they have no accomodation they cant get employment.
    So we have immigrants who come here and they have help , because they have accomodation they can get a job, what about people born and bred here ? just tell them they are worthless. Im sorry but before we help people from other countries we need to help our own.

Blagsta we are not talking about me here, we are talking about the government. I dont need to tell you who I give to, thats none of your business.
  • Options
    BULLSHIT Blagsta. They are related, we have homeless people in this country who cant get accomodation, because they have no accomodation they cant get employment.

This is not really accurate. There are many reasons why we have a lot of homelessness, not being able to find employment is not a major factor. Lack of provision of mental health care and drug rehabs, withdrawal of benefits for 16 and 17 year olds, abuse at home and inefficency in Housing departments are much bigger factors.
    So we have immigrants who come here and they have help , because they have accomodation they can get a job,

There is a massive homelessness problem with asylum seekers.
    what about people born and bred here ? just tell them they are worthless. Im sorry but before we help people from other countries we need to help our own.

What about it? We can help all peoples. Its not a lack of resources that contributes to the problems, its a lack of political will.
    Blagsta we are not talking about me here, we are talking about the government. I dont need to tell you who I give to, thats none of your business.

Well you seemed so concerned about it. If you are, then do something about it, don't just whine about it on an internet site.
  • Options
    not being able to find employment is not a major factor.

You tell me who would employ a homeless person ? If they have no address, then they cant get work. Cant get work cant get house, vicious circle.
    In all honesty im not bothered about the immigrant, my concern are with the 1000's of homeless, penniless British people, they are the priority, not the immigrant.
    If we didnt have problems with housing and there were enough properties for everyone then I would have different views, but how I see it is that we need to look after people born and bred here first, then help others.
    Im not whining, im giving my view which is what these internet boards are for.........isnt it.
  • Options
    most immigrants are not shit poor farmers. they are poor doctors and nurses and technical people.
    most homeless are unskilled. every wave of immigration this country has seen has been an economic boost big time.
    the 50's the 60's ...
  • Options
    You tell me who would employ a homeless person ? If they have no address, then they cant get work. Cant get work cant get house, vicious circle.

Thanks for the lecture. I think I know what I'm talking about, it is part of my job after all.
    In all honesty im not bothered about the immigrant, my concern are with the 1000's of homeless, penniless British people, they are the priority, not the immigrant.
    If we didnt have problems with housing and there were enough properties for everyone then I would have different views, but how I see it is that we need to look after people born and bred here first, then help others.
    Im not whining, im giving my view which is what these internet boards are for.........isnt it.

There are enough properties and resources - as I said its a lack of political will to sort things out.
  • Options
    Thanks for the lecture. I think I know what I'm talking about, it is part of my job after all.

So then answer the question, am I right in what im saying ?
  • Options
    Unemployment is a factor, but as I said, its not a major one IMO.
  • Options
    immigrants=bad

i swear that i read that true asylum seekers are supposed to take refuge at the FIRST country outside of their own that they are safe in? since when was the UK next to any east european country? why should we take on their problems? unless your gonna provide a service to this country i think you should just bugger off back home. immigrants etc are getting 4+ bedroom houses etc for their families, whereas families like mine have 6 people crammed into a tiny 3 bedroom house because all the bigger houses in my borough are given to those people! we should do what australia does and refuse to let them in. british is any one born here, holds a british passport, or has lived here long enough to be part of our culture whether you are black, white,green or purple. illegal immigrants etc do not make any attempt at becoming british. there are plenty of people in Britain that need caring for first, homeless, OAPs, young families etc. we should make them our priority and not some fresh off the boat immigrants.
  • Options
    Toadborg
    Would you refuse treatment from a foreign doctor?

No, I'm not opposing controlled immigration

Read my post more carefully, you berk, the economic migrant we don't want was the unlikely shit poor farmer.

Anyone who thinks asylum migrants are poor doctors and nurses and technical peopleshould go to the boot fairs and see the motley crew of Roma, Kkosovans in fact the international underclass I referred to. Tehy pay no tax nor are likely to, they have no business coming here nor us feeding + housing them. asylum is a v. unfunny joke
  • Options
    If they pay no tax is because they're not allowed to work.

Their 'massive' benefit handouts consist of less than £38... 30% below the poverty line. Obviously worth leaving everything behind and coming here. :rolleyes:

You will find that there are many doctors, engineers and qualified skill workers. As it has been pointed out fucking trillions of times the majority come from war-torn places (wars that incidentally we have started on the pretext of freeing the locals from death and torture- talk about irony...). The latest figures show that the top 4 nationalities by numbers of asylum seekers are Iraq, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and Somalia. Do those places ring a bell???

And by the way, you speak for yourself when you state "we don't want economic migrants". I welcome them.

Oh, if only someone could invent a time travel machine! I hear Germany circa 1940 had immigration sorted pretty well... I'm sure many people would think of it as heaven on earth.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    immigrants=bad

i swear that i read that true asylum seekers are supposed to take refuge at the FIRST country outside of their own that they are safe in? since when was the UK next to any east european country? why should we take on their problems? unless your gonna provide a service to this country i think you should just bugger off back home. immigrants etc are getting 4+ bedroom houses etc for their families, whereas families like mine have 6 people crammed into a tiny 3 bedroom house because all the bigger houses in my borough are given to those people! we should do what australia does and refuse to let them in. british is any one born here, holds a british passport, or has lived here long enough to be part of our culture whether you are black, white,green or purple. illegal immigrants etc do not make any attempt at becoming british. there are plenty of people in Britain that need caring for first, homeless, OAPs, young families etc. we should make them our priority and not some fresh off the boat immigrants.

blah blah blah :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Unemployment is a factor, but as I said, its not a major one IMO.

NO dont change this into employment , im more interested in the housing which I did say. I then went on to say because they dont have accomodation they cant get a job and its a vicious circle. So you tell me why an immigrant should get housing before someone who has lived here all their life.
    You tell me why some girls get pregnant just to get accomodation and while your on can you tell me why young males are always at the bottom of the list to get accomodation, yet accomodation can be found for immigrants.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

You will find that there are many doctors, engineers and qualified skill workers.

Thats correct but whats the point in employing some of them when they cannot understand or even speak our language properly ?
    How many times have people been seen at a hospital by a doctor and could not understand what they said and then had to get a nurse to translate ?