Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Carrying on racial debate

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    You have made unfounded assumptions about me, my situation and my life which make me angry. You seem to assume that I don't know what its like to be poor nor do my family. Well stop making crap assumptions. Yes I know what its like to not be able to afford to put the heating on. I know what its like to live in a place without any heating. I know what its like to not even have a home. Do you? :mad:

And pensioners are entirely irrelevant to the argument. Kermit said that no one helps pensioners, I corrected him. You seem to have a massive problem with that. Why, I don't know.

I have a problem with the fact that you change debates into what you want to talk about. You made the following reply in response to a comment Kermit made:
    And you don't see anyone helping the pensioners of this country? Never heard of Help the Aged? Meals on Wheels? Social services?
    Then you twist it to start saying im making assumptions about your life, wtf I never said nowt apart from you have never had dealings with old people.

And for the record I have had nothing, I had no money, no job and no family so I know exactly how a pensiner feels when they have no money but the thing is they cant turn it round because being old they probably cant work so they stay in poverty, now that makes me mad.

Just stop twisting everything I say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Is Isreal modern enough?
    Good point........
  • Options
    Originally posted by solo
    Labour has dramatically relaxed border controls. Foreign students up 50% to 390k how many leave UK is unknown.In 2002,1.2m visitor visas were issued 243k S. asia, 167k Middle East, 147k from equatorial Africa. Again, for all of these how many leave UK is unknown.

Meeting labour shortages, i doubt it, I know of factories where there are queues at 9.00 am, Ist come, 1st taken on, back to the 30's there, a lot of the hopefuls look foreign, Africans etc.

147k from equatorial Africa.might just be a few HIV+ unfortunates there who can use their Labour-endowed Human Rights to stay in the UK

Bonkers

The Comedian returns!

a) Yes foreign students, keep our uni sector going, I think probably that the govt has a decent idea how many stay, if they don't leave then so what? Why do you think they wouldn't leave? Because tyhey get jobs to help the economy of course! be grateful!

b)Unemployment is low, you are basing your argument on a factory near you where some of the workers 'look foreign' :lol:

c) sexually transmitted diseases are risinf at the mo due not to Africans but to 'normal' people too stupid to protect themselves, msot of them white and English, kick them out of the country?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    wtf I never said nowt apart from you have never had dealings with old people.

That is an assumption about his life................:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    That is an assumption about his life................:rolleyes:

Yeah well your entitled to you opinion, I never mentioned once about him having no money, no heating, no home etc.
    I made the comment about not having dealings with OAP's because clearly if he did have dealings with OAPs then he'd know like most other people the Help The Aged DONT give money :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Becky, let it go. It's neither worth arguing over, nor offering anything to the whole debate.

I'm sure that you have something of greater value to contribute here...
  • Options
    Your right MOK, back on topic.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB
    Im not surprised at allyour lack of cash have certainly shaped your polictical views as well,

If by that you mean that I have an empathy with the marginalised, the oppressed, the underdog, then yes. And I'm proud of that fact.
    Originally posted by RWB Im fortunate enough that I know Ill never have to struggle for money in my life. Id rather help pensioners than you full stop.

Doesn't surprise me. Its easy to carp from the sidelines if you've had everything handed to you on a plate. You don't know how lucky you are.
    Originally posted by RWB
    I just so love the way you go around board all day calling everyone twats every 5 mins then whinge about people being rude, you are the reason why so many people laugh at lefties.

I only call people twats who deserve it. People who come out with ignorant racist and untrue statements or people who blindly assume stuff about my life and insult me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB
    not a bad link but nothing there that tells me there are going to be worse or as bad as the taliban were, only time will tell on that one. That was a very old link though.

Plus numerous reports on Channel 4 news, Radio 4 etc. And a John Pilger documentary. Its true about the opium production - I see the results at street level.
    Originally posted by RWB
    and then they complain that we attack them when they dance on the streets after delibrately trying to maim and kill as many innocent men women and kids by bringing huge buildings down.

poor souls:(

Like that was a majority of people. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I have a problem with the fact that you change debates into what you want to talk about. You made the following reply in response to a comment Kermit made:

Then you twist it to start saying im making assumptions about your life, wtf I never said nowt apart from you have never had dealings with old people.

And for the record I have had nothing, I had no money, no job and no family so I know exactly how a pensiner feels when they have no money but the thing is they cant turn it round because being old they probably cant work so they stay in poverty, now that makes me mad.

Just stop twisting everything I say.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

What the hell? :confused:

Kermit said that no one helps pensioners. I corrected him.

You then went on to assume that I have no idea about being poor. I corrected you.

THAT IS ALL. GOT IT?

Get that bee out of your bonnet. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    So seeing as we are back on topic has anyone had a change of heart ? have you read anything that makes you 'think' there is more racism or less 'racism' than you initially though.

Does anyone feel like I do which is sometimes you have to be careful what you say because you can be taken the wrong way and accused of being 'racist' thats in the real world. I also feel that even here I need to be careful because with just typing and not actually talking to people I can come across totally different, so with using the wrong words or the wrong phrase I could be classed as 'racist'.
    Personally I feel the whole 'racist' issue has gone too far and now you cant say anything because someone will always be ready to accuse you of being racist.
  • Options
    ) sexually transmitted diseases are risinf at the mo due not to Africans but to 'normal' people too stupid to protect themselves, msot of them white and English, kick them out of the country?

not so, as far as UK heteros go, 71% of HIV+ infections are acquired abroad, Africa mainly.

'people too stupid to protect themselves, kick them out of the country?' You may have a point there
  • Options
    That is an interesting statistic, where did you get it from?

Why focus on HIV though, there are plenty of other nasty diseases that are common domestically, it just so happens that HIV is far more common in Africa.........
  • Options
    HIV + Africans in UK

Yes, you are 'interestingly ' wrong

'71% of heterosexually acquired HIV infections diagnosed in the UK in 2000/2001 were in people from Africa, or were associated with exposure there. Most of the African infection were acquired in East Africa but the impact of the epidemics in Southern and Western Africa is likely to contribute to new diagnoses.'

Why focus on AIDS, I'm not so keen on TB, Ebola + all else we could do without in UK
  • Options
    Presumably we're all immune to the TB strains white foreigners carry then- it is only those from non-white carriers that should worry us.

And you seem concerned about ebola- a virus that dramatic as it might be, it is also rarer than a Tottenham Premiership trophy. I wonder if you are as concerned by anthrax, as seen and suffered by our American cousins...
  • Options
    Presumably we're all immune to the TB strains white foreigners carry then- it is only those from non-white carriers that should worry us.

Who mentioned colour in respect of TB carriers? it was largely eradicated in UK, it's resurgence may well be immigration =related

The HIV+ africans are very likely to be non-white, those Zimbawean farmers are likely to be healthy specimens

We could test for HIV antibodies on arrival, it's likely they'd be present, then we could 'kick them out of the country'
  • Options
    Even if someone does have HIV, why should that matter, its not a disease that is easily spread and with proper precautions shouldnt be of concern to other people in the country.
  • Options
    I was surprised to find this article in a newspaper like the Observer but did notice the lack of any sort of bias or slant in any direction. Thats what made it so interesting. Take a look:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/race/story/0,11255,1101797,00.html

However notice the tendancy to drift to the left on occasions: "People believe this is just a cover-up for failure in Iraq. It is playing on xenophobia to persuade people there is a fifth column in this country and show that something is being done."

However, the article is thought provoking and contains alot of truth. The Muslim community in the UK as a whole is not to blame for the apparent terrorist activities occuring in the country. The older generation of Muslims are traditionally peacful but it's the younger generation who have the tendancy to be more violent and drum up support for terrorist activities. Notice, "there is a growing realisation that the community is also under threat from within - radical puritanical strains of the religion imported from Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are a particular concern, as are extremist groups such as al-Muhajiroun (the Emigrants) and Hizb-ut-Tahrir (Party of Liberation), which recruit at colleges and universities. There are fears that young activists are being drawn away from the more moderate interpretation of Islam fostered by their parents' generation."

As generations pass, now that we've let so many Muslims into the country, I can only fear the worst. Let's just hope that they have some sense like in the case of their parents and grandparents.
  • Options
    An interesting article no doubt, but it seems to me at least some of the pressure on the young to turn to extreamism is from harrassment and economic isolation.

Perhaps if we tried to help these people rather than rounding loads of them up in violent dawn raids we might do some good, rather than just stoking the flames.
  • Options
    Who mentioned colour in respect of TB carriers? it was largely eradicated in UK, it's resurgence may well be immigration =related

It could also be because we stopped vacinnating people.
    We could test for HIV antibodies on arrival, it's likely they'd be present, then we could 'kick them out of the country'

Or we could treat them?
  • Options
    Doesnt the test for HIV take somewhere in the region of 6 months to come back anyway? I thought so.

And if so what do we do with the people in the mean time?
  • Options
    HIV it is not an airborne disease. HIV can (in most cases) be contracted through sexual intercourse or by sharing needles. It is up to the persons indulging in such practices to take precautionary action (namely using a rubber or your own needle) and thus to protect themselves.

In any case, I would imagine that many of those who are fiercely opposed to illegal immigrants wouldn't want to touch them with a 40ft pole, let alone sleep with them, so they're pretty safe from HIV+ immigrants anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Doesnt the test for HIV take somewhere in the region of 6 months to come back anyway? I thought so.

And if so what do we do with the people in the mean time?

There is a 3 month "window" with HIV which means it can take 3 months to show up in your antibodies from the date of possible infection.

HIV is actually a very difficult disease to catch. It requires blood to blood or intimate sexual contact to catch.
  • Options
    Oh, ok then, I thought the blood test took that long, I stand corrected.
  • Options
    Results depend on the clinic. Some places you get the results the same day, some it takes 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    HIV it is not an airborne disease. HIV can (in most cases) be contracted through sexual intercourse or by sharing needles. It is up to the persons indulging in such practices to take precautionary action (namely using a rubber or your own needle) and thus to protect themselves.
    B]

I read somewhere that HIV could be carried by mosquitos... now that's scary.

As for immigrants I don't care that much really. I just try and put myself in the position of a person who is in a war struck country or who's grown up in poverty (although I cannot imagine their pain) and then I think why they'd come over here... I mean c'mon, it must be paradise compared to where they're from.
  • Options
    I mean c'mon, it must be paradise compared to where they're from.

It's not UK Govt,'s role to set up a paradise on earth for immigrants, it's to provide for its citizens

i's likely that HIV+ immigrants would display antibodies on arrival in the UK, given may come throgh Europe to make their likely bogus claim in the UK.If a legal immigrant, it's unlikely , they'll contract HIV and then make a quick dash for UK, in that 3 month "window"

They will then be eating up NHS resorces for theit treatment, drugs, counselling + social services.

HIV testing seems a sensible move and of course would be targetted at those countries where AIDS is rife.
  • Options
    HIV testing seems a sensible move and of course would be targetted at those countries where AIDS is rife.

people coming from Glasgow for instance?
  • Options
    people coming from Glasgow for instance?

immigrants in the sense of discussion on thread, i don't think so, last I heard they're UK citizens
  • Options
    missingthepoint.png