Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Carrying on racial debate

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by giantno1
    I stand corrected about the IRA. However, this is just one example of a Western terrorist organisation whereas I can name you many more African and Middle-Eastern ones.

I've just named you some more.
    I was unaware that the US government supported Bin-laden pre Al-Qaeda. Was this during the Soviet-Afghan war?

The US armed the Mujahadeen before the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, with a view to drawing the USSR into a protracted war and destabilising them. The Bush family also have lots of business deals with the Bin Laden family.
  • Options
    Bottom line is Terrorism must be stopped. Yes, the West does have its own terrorist groups but the situation is not beng helped by the increasing number of Africans and Muslims migrating to Europe. Less than a quarter of them have terrorist intentions but the potential for catastrophe is horrendous. If a gang of a certain nationality of Arabs took control of the American embassy in London and started preaching to their fellow countrymen to join in with their struggle against the 'oppression of our people by the West' then it would be hard for this minority to resist joining the patriotic cause. This is why foreign terrorists must be stopped from entering the UK. There are already terrorists here that we failed to stop from entering but those that are attempting to enter can and must still be stopped

You change your argument every couple of posts. It was immigrants erasing British culture, then it was illegal immigrants (identifed using your X-ray vision) hanging around on the streets, then it was English in schools, now its terrorism.

Make your fucking mind up. You just don't like darkies do you?
  • Options
    IRA? UDA? INLA? US government supporting the Contra's? US govermnent supporting Suharto's regime in Indonesia? Or the US supporting Pinochet in Chile? Or ETA in Spain? Or C18 in the UK?

Yeah and they are all as bigger threat as muslim terrorist groups, maybe we should immigrate 30million muslims from palestine and then worry about the UDA? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    The US armed the Mujahadeen before the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, with a view to drawing the USSR into a protracted war and destabilising them. The Bush family also have lots of business deals with the Bin Laden family.

Over time different counties have different alliances, get over it, we used to be at war with Germany, we arent now, we used to be at war with France, we arnt now, its such a poor argument to bring up past conflicts to try and justify opposition to a current one.

Aladdin, I havnt spoke to you much but I you am sure you are an immigrant arent you? I'll be AMAZED if you arent. pleas ebe honest
    :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB
    Yeah and they are all as bigger threat as muslim terrorist groups, maybe we should immigrate 30million muslims from palestine and then worry about the UDA? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The IRA have been a much bigger threat in the UK than Islamic terrorism has ever been. And the US support of terrorism is one of the reasons for the rise in Islamic terrorism and hatred of the West.
    Originally posted by RWB
    Over time different counties have different alliances, get over it, we used to be at war with Germany, we arent now, we used to be at war with France, we arnt now, its such a poor argument to bring up past conflicts to try and justify opposition to a current one.

But we're reaping what we've sown. And look at what is now happening in Afghanistan. The Northern Alliance (that we are supporting) are just as bad in a lot of respects as the Taliban. They have also stepped up the production of opium massively with the result that there is a massive flood of cheap heroin on our streets. All this with the support of US and UK forces.

Nice one, eh? :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by RWB
    Aladdin, I havnt spoke to you much but I you am sure you are an immigrant arent you? I'll be AMAZED if you arent. pleas ebe honest

You're a rude twat, thats for sure.
  • Options
    I presume by that that Im wrong on Aladdin so I apologise.

I think you a very rude person anyway blagsta, you constant strem of abuse you throw at giant you seem to find acceptable for some bizarre reason, everyone has double standards, but you abuse it.
    The IRA have been a much bigger threat in the UK than Islamic terrorism has ever been

I wonder why?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mass muslim immigration has only happened recently, give me the same quote in 30-40 years time and if its stands up Ill be very very impressed and surprised.
    Nice one, eh?

didnt know you lived there. Or are you reading too much of the guardian and the SW? ;) Lets bring back the taliban with there "torture you if you dont have a beard and execute woman in football stadiums for adultery" way of life.
    nice one eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The difference with, say Germany is that when we were at war with them there was a very bad man in charge called Adolph Hitler, and now there isn't.

Whereas with Iraq, Afghanistan and many others we have been dealing with and going to bed with Saddam Hussein and the Taleban for so long as they had a use for us. And then ditched them and started Imperialistic wars at will, claiming we were doing it to remove those very bad people from power.

Can you grasp the hypocrisy of it RWB?

Oh, and yes, you might be pleased to know that I am an immigrant. Although you won't be pleased to know that I'm not the kind of immigrant you're thinking of: I happen to be white, EU national and raised as a good old Christian.

No doubt a traitor to the White Christian cause in your eyes...
  • Options
    thank you very very much. :)

oh and BTW the british govern,ent did have some dealing with Hitler in the early 30's.

maybe we shouldnt have gone to war, just imagine the hypocrisy of it?

"grasps"
  • Options
    Labour has dramatically relaxed border controls. Foreign students up 50% to 390k how many leave UK is unknown.In 2002,1.2m visitor visas were issued 243k S. asia, 167k Middle East, 147k from equatorial Africa. Again, for all of these how many leave UK is unknown.

Meeting labour shortages, i doubt it, I know of factories where there are queues at 9.00 am, Ist come, 1st taken on, back to the 30's there, a lot of the hopefuls look foreign, Africans etc.

147k from equatorial Africa.might just be a few HIV+ unfortunates there who can use their Labour-endowed Human Rights to stay in the UK

Bonkers
  • Options
    "its such a poor argument to bring up past conflicts to try and justify opposition to a current one."

I'm sorry, but that is truely a stupid thing to say. Are you suggesting that we can learn nothing from History what so ever?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Fuck you basically. You have no fucking idea about my life so you can stick your assumptions.

I've been poor most of my life, so i know what its like. Kermit said that no one helps pensioners, I corrected him. Thats it.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

YOU have a major problem dont you, you cant accept that sometimes you could be wrong. Its always the same in any debate you have to start mouthing off, swearing at people, calling people twats, calling people idiots, calling people ignorant fuckwits.
    Bout time you learned how to debate, not just mouth of and also accept that you are not always right.

And for the record what we were discussing was pensioners, not you !!!!
  • Options
    Do you really know the reason why foreign student numbers are up? Universities within the UK would FAIL outright if they didnt have over seas students, they are what keeps the system afloat. The money to put into it is massive.

We'd either have to cut back from else where, put up taxes, or cut university places if we didnt have them. We're lucky they chose the UK.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but that is truely a stupid thing to say. Are you suggesting that we can learn nothing from History what so ever?

you seem to have a massive habit of taking peoples comments and twisting them round to say to say something else.

Im saying that if you oppose something, argue it on the issues and dont bring back some fact that 10 people died in a vilage somewhere in 1000BC or that the kings uncle sold a bag of sugar to that leader 300 years ago so we bring it on ourselves.

people have different alliances in history, always have and always will.

I get so pissed off when I hear this, we armed them 20 years ago so we brought this on ourselves bullshit.

I suppose had we helped germany to win a war 1850 you would say that Hitler coming to power was our fault, thats the point Im trying to make. learning about History - yes, using history to further you own biased political points - no.
  • Options
    I've been poor most of my life, so i know what its like. Kermit said that no one helps pensioners, I corrected him. Thats it.

Im not surprised at allyour lack of cash have certainly shaped your polictical views as well, Im fortunate enough that I know Ill never have to struggle for money in my life. Id rather help pensioners than you full stop.

I just so love the way you go around board all day calling everyone twats every 5 mins then whinge about people being rude, you are the reason why so many people laugh at lefties.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    YOU have a major problem dont you, you cant accept that sometimes you could be wrong. Its always the same in any debate you have to start mouthing off, swearing at people, calling people twats, calling people idiots, calling people ignorant fuckwits.
    Bout time you learned how to debate, not just mouth of and also accept that you are not always right.

And for the record what we were discussing was pensioners, not you !!!!

You have made unfounded assumptions about me, my situation and my life which make me angry. You seem to assume that I don't know what its like to be poor nor do my family. Well stop making crap assumptions. Yes I know what its like to not be able to afford to put the heating on. I know what its like to live in a place without any heating. I know what its like to not even have a home. Do you? :mad:

And pensioners are entirely irrelevant to the argument. Kermit said that no one helps pensioners, I corrected him. You seem to have a massive problem with that. Why, I don't know.
  • Options
    But with 'the war on terror' our past actions are very important because it puts into context why we are being attacked. If you dissmiss them as 'nuts' or whatever your missing the point. We will never reduce the number of terrorists unless we try to understand what causes them to hate us.

So therefore the US action in Afganistan, trade restrictions, the invation of Iraq etc are all very tied in with the issue.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB
    Lets bring back the taliban with there "torture you if you dont have a beard and execute woman in football stadiums for adultery" way of life.
    nice one eh? :rolleyes:

Thats what its pretty much like under the Northern Alliance.
  • Options
    Yes I know what its like to not be able to afford to put the heating on. I know what its like to live in a place without any heating. I know what its like to not even have a home.

:D:D:D:D

made me chuckle :D
  • Options
    Thats what its pretty much like under the Northern Alliance.

any links for me to explore?
  • Options
    made me chuckle

And whats funny about that? :mad:
  • Options
    Blagsta; I think he was trying to say that he enjoyed the idea of you being homeless, I cant quite grasp why that would be funny, but then maybe I'm missing the point.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB
    you seem to have a massive habit of taking peoples comments and twisting them round to say to say something else.

Im saying that if you oppose something, argue it on the issues and dont bring back some fact that 10 people died in a vilage somewhere in 1000BC or that the kings uncle sold a bag of sugar to that leader 300 years ago so we bring it on ourselves.

people have different alliances in history, always have and always will.

I get so pissed off when I hear this, we armed them 20 years ago so we brought this on ourselves bullshit.

I suppose had we helped germany to win a war 1850 you would say that Hitler coming to power was our fault, thats the point Im trying to make. learning about History - yes, using history to further you own biased political points - no.

- We sold Saddam the WMDs
    - We looked the other way while he gassed away thousands
    - We encouraged him to use chemical weapons in his war against Iran
    - We did and still don't give a flying fuck about human rights or the well-being of the Iraqi people
    - We had no right whatsoever to invade a sovereign nation under false pretenses and against international law
    -And in the meantime we are still allowing a certain other nation to continue its 4-decade long catalogue of atrocities and human right abuses, to illegally occupy land that isn't theirs, to ignore dozens of UN resolutions and to build up its undeclared arsenal of nuclear, chemical and bacteriological weapons with no so much as a check from the International Atomic Energy

And then we complain that the Arab world don't see us with very good eyes...
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB
    any links for me to explore?
    Can the United States trust the Northern Alliance?

Trusting a group with a history of mismatched allegiances and inhumane tendencies could prove to be a risky move for the United States. Figures leading the faction were once those dragging Afghanistan through a period of aggression plagued by plundering, violence and rape.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/indepth/background/wtc_northernalliance.html
  • Options
    not a bad link but nothing there that tells me there are going to be worse or as bad as the taliban were, only time will tell on that one. That was a very old link though.
    And then we complain that the Arab world don't see us with very good eyes...

and then they complain that we attack them when they dance on the streets after delibrately trying to maim and kill as many innocent men women and kids by bringing huge buildings down.

poor souls:(
  • Options
    RWB, whether you wish to accept the fact or not, historical complicity cannot merely be be swept under the carpet and forgotten when its no longer current news if you hope to actually gain a fully contextual understanding of how we have arrived at the present crises and who - other than those at whom the mainstream media wish to point fingers - are involved. Past actions have repercussions, just as sewn seeds must eventually produce a harvest.

The uncritical mind will gladly accept the sanitsied claim that its all a bunch of shadowy arabs in caves to be blamed, but deeper analysis would reveal a much more sordid complicity by our own aparati of state than I suspect you would allow yourself to grasp.

This isn't about "alliances" this is much more about the ongoing methodologies of state security which operates on the basis of establishing and backing puppet groups or governments which can later be villified when they either fail to perform as directed or if no other significant threat can be presented to the public to divert its attentions elsewhere once again. It's the bread and circusses of an ever increasingly militant hegemonic agenda and it's PR power is its surface plausibility.

It's what the mainstream media doesn't and won't inform you of unless some serious slip up occurs that you should be seeking to apprehend, especially if you truly care about seeing all parties behind global terrorism and despotic repression brought to justice.
  • Options
    I see that you too like to judge a 1bn people community by the actions of 100 (literally 100) idiots RWB.

Another out-of-the-BNP-rulebook pathetic excuse for an argument.

Should I inform you that the footage in question was old, or would that destroy your heart?
  • Options
    youve really got a BNP fetish havnt you?

I wouldnt take anything from you,:(:(:(:(:(whoops :(:(:(A sig with a story about the USA from the Guardian:rolleyes: is not someone who I would take 'facts' from thanks. ;)

O course Im just a hate-mail reading bnp scumbag arent I.

but whos judging eh?
  • Options
    "a man who has a sig involving a marxist quote"

Thank you RWB, thank you so much, that really really made me laugh. Cheered up my whole afternoon that did.

I think you might have the wrong end of the stick about that Marx brother though.
  • Options
    'Marxist quote' - absolute classic, thank you for brightening up a cold, grey day, I salute you.

I hereby retire from this thread as the Rightwingers are doing more damage to their own arguments than I can even dream of.

I Thank You.

BA

:p
  • Options
    Spot the difference:

groucho.gif

marx.jpg

• Options
    I think that one comment says more about their argument than I ever could. It just sums it up so well.