Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Carrying on racial debate

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I applaud you *DEVIL*. Well said.

*applauds* :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Major Tom
    because if i want to be proud to be white and wave a union jack, people like you instantly start bleating; racist, racist!

Show me where I've done that please. :confused:
    i believe i can be proud of being white without hating others or being a member of the BNP. do you agree? are you proud to be white, or have you been made to feel guilty about the colour of your skin by the current political climate? you tell me.

Of course you can be proud to be white without being racist. But unfortunately this stance usually comes with a load of other nonsense about immigrants, asylum seekers, whites being treated as 2nd class citizens and other such crap which is racist.

You can be proud of your heritage, but understand this - to be white, straight and male in this culture automatically puts you at an advantage...one which you are mostly unaware of. But its an advantage.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    No I meant people in general, people who like me have never lived in a city with many different cultures etc.

AFAIK I've only accused people on here of being racist when they have blatantly made racist statements, e.g. solo and giantno1 (who hasn't the excuse of ignorance, but maybe the excuse of being young and a tad stupid)
    Thanks for your compliment ;)
    Yes I suppose im very naive, have lived a sheltered life but I dont know any different. Thats the way I was brought up, Ive never lived in a big city and so I dont hear the stories that you have said here.

Thats fairynuff. :)

So you have been around cities, who do you think gets more racist comments thrown at them ? would it be Black people, Asian people, Jews or whatever. Who do you think is made more welcome ?

impossible for me to say, being white really.
    and thats another thing that is bugging me, like I dont know wether to say black or coloured ? now I know that must sound stupid, again its because of the area I have been brought up in, I have never had to say black/coloured.

Black normally suffices.
  • Options
    alladin, i accept what you're saying, but why do minorities need support? and from who?

Why? For the reasons already stated. From who? Primarily themselves but from the wider community as well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    So now we cannot be proud of who we are? I am proud of my life, my upbringing, my supportive parents who have brought me up to be a caring, community spirited person. I am proud of my boyfriend (no i do not hate gays!) , my mum, my dad, (not even implying anything by these!) my sister, (anymore sisters I’d be crazy!) my charity work, the colour of my room, my choice of posters, my choice of music, my heritage...

....Sorry YES I am proud to be white (it is not just a colour to me!), as i am Cornish (before you say it, i am PROUD i am female! (a minority), to be my height, to have brown hair, to have blue eyes, and small ears!) i am even proud that i have a disability (a disability which has required me to work 10x harder than a 'normal' person.

i myself have also received the taunts of being 'thick' ' deaf' 'different' etc, but i am proud of myself i have made my life what it is now. this is not about being white it is about being me!

Yet if i spout off about it, i am rascist, but right if i am proud of my disability (if i was able and sa that i am proud to be able i would be in the wrong) however not one day goes by where I am glad to be disabled, i am just happy that i have worked hard, in fact much harder than most to get my A levels.

Let me tell you now, if a black, Asian, Chinese, Japanese person can be proud of their heritage, why on earth can't I? I am proud to be Cornish, despite the bad connotations, of being an inbred country bumpkin! I am PROUD OF ME! it just so happens that it may cause offence to paranoid people, who have nothing better to do than analyse my thoughts, feelings and emotions! If i choose to fly the English flag, and it offends people, then so be it, its me. If for example flying the English flag offends a Scottish next door neighbour, then so be it, its my life its ME!

Edited before people try knocking me down, i posted in haste, my spelling was a little 'incorrect'

No one is stopping you of being proud of those things. But you also come out with a load of suspect crap about asians, the race relations industry etc which makes me wonder about your real motives for posting here...
  • Options
    people seem to be scared to express their opinions in the current political climate, but my grandfather fought real racists in the war so i could enjoy my freedom of speech. i'll be damned if im going to let people tell me what i can and cannot say.

Who's stopping you? You're expressing your opinions here aren't you? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    to be white, straight and male in this culture automatically puts you at an advantage..

Not so, re-read the Spectator link. Councils recruit from ethnic groups to the exclusion of Whites - We particularly welcome applications from ethnic groups X,Y. I read of Uni admissions on lower grades for ethnic students. I could believe that of Diane Abbott, Middx Poly on a good day, IMHO
  • Options
    Originally posted by solo
    Not so, re-read the Spectator link. Councils recruit from ethnic groups to the exclusion of Whites - We particularly welcome applications from ethnic groups X,Y. I read of Uni admissions on lower grades for ethnic students. I could believe that of Diane Abbott, Middx Poly on a good day, IMHO

First off I'm highly suspicious of that Spectator article. But lets say its true...as I said in an earlier post, I am a bit dubious of the value of positive discrimination, but I do see that organisations which serve the local community should also reflect the diversity of that community.

As for the uni admissions - I'd like to see some evidence please. Got a link from a reputable source?
  • Options
    thank you for clarifying what we should call people. are you a member of the commission for racial equality? i ask because i was told when starting my current job that i would be subject to disciplinary action if i used the term black. afro carribean is the correct term. more pc nonsense. some of the derogatory slang words for ethnic minorities originally had innocent meanings. it's a shame they have been hijacked, like the word gay for example.
  • Options
    Hijacked? LMFAO!

Most black people (ime) do not object to the term black.

And language is an everchanging evolving living thing. Get used to it.
  • Options
    some of the derogatory slang words for ethnic minorities originally had innocent meanings.

Like what?

But even if they did - as I just said - words change their meanings over time, they get re-contextualised, gain/lose connotations etc.
  • Options
    If you're that suspicious of that Spectator article, why don't you contact LNN yourself, I doubt any journo is going to suffer a defamation writ from a well-heeled comapany.

positive discrimination = anti-White discrimination .End of
  • Options
    Things can have a basis in fact and yet be slanted in a particular way y'know.

And as for positive discrimination being anti-white...hmmm....its a bit more complex that that I think. But sophisticated thinking ain't really your strong point is it?
  • Options

yes, yes, tell us more <all ears>
  • Options
    Why doesn't it surprise me that you're unfamiliar with that concept? :rolleyes:
  • Options

waiting for clarification, take your time
  • Options
    you'll be waiting a long time then
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    No one is stopping you of being proud of those things. But you also come out with a load of suspect crap about asians, the race relations industry etc which makes me wonder about your real motives for posting here...

Ah i think you may be a little confused with my boyfriends style of writing and my own, let me clarify it for you, Major Tom, when visiting at my house, but needing to reply to this drivel....Will post under my account. I am shocked how you have not noticed the different writing styles, as i came across as being an illiterate, unsuitable teacher before, however Major Tom adopts a more sophisticated and intellectual approach than myself.

Alot of the posts under my name is in fact him, however due to the ease and train of thought/concentration he requires urgent reply mode :p

So in conclusion those posts were not by me! So my motives for posting here are as they have always been, to get across my point! and my motives for using the site as a whole will never change from the fact i come here to give and receive advice! SIMPLE! However i must agree with a lot of what M.T has said, then i am bias and a racist, thicko so take no notice of that!
  • Options
    positive discrimination is fine and dandy as long as you're not the one being discriminated against. anyway, i would imagine that any person would rather be selected for a job on the basis of their ability rather than their colour. positive discrimination is always going to be at the expense of white p[eople, you cannot dispute that fact. nor is this a secret, so presumably the fact that white people would object to it doesnt really matter in the eyes of the authorities who perpetuate this despicable policy. all it is, is legal racism.
  • Options
    ok alladin, can you tell me why liberals like yourself regularly brand things as institutionally racist? is that not tarring all the white people who belong to the company or organisation with the same brush? just admit it, you think only whites can be racist. ive met asians who think blacks are animals, and vice versa. we all dislike people for invalid reasons, sadly its human nature. how many ethnic minority people are convicted under the race relations legislations i wonder?

For example this was posted by Major Tom. The style and 'contexts'! (that word u keep using!) are way different to my approach to topics! :p
  • Options
    Ah i think you may be a little confused with my boyfriends style of writing and my own, let me clarify it for you, Major Tom, when visiting at my house, but needing to reply to this drivel....Will post under my account. I am shocked how you have not noticed the different writing styles, as i came across as being an illiterate, unsuitable teacher before, however Major Tom adopts a more sophisticated and intellectual approach than myself.

Alot of the posts under my name is in fact him, however due to the ease and train of thought/concentration he requires urgent reply mode :p

So in conclusion those posts were not by me! So my motives for posting here are as they have always been, to get across my point! and my motives for using the site as a whole will never change from the fact i come here to give and receive advice! SIMPLE! However i must agree with a lot of what M.T has said, then i am bias and a racist, thicko so take no notice of that!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

If you post under the name *DEVIL* then I'm gonna assume its you.

Apart from that, I haven't a clue what you're wittering on about.

:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    positive discrimination is fine and dandy as long as you're not the one being discriminated against. anyway, i would imagine that any person would rather be selected for a job on the basis of their ability rather than their colour. positive discrimination is always going to be at the expense of white p[eople, you cannot dispute that fact. nor is this a secret, so presumably the fact that white people would object to it doesnt really matter in the eyes of the authorities who perpetuate this despicable policy. all it is, is legal racism.

As I said, its a tad more complicated than that...but don't let that get in the way of a good old paranoid rant, eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    For example this was posted by Major Tom. The style and 'contexts'! (that word u keep using!) are way different to my approach to topics! :p

Well use you're own fucking name then...but to be honest you're both as illiterate and ignorant as each other, its difficult to tell you apart.
  • Options

still waiting, Bluffsta
    Well use you're own fucking name then...but to be honest you're both as illiterate and ignorant as each other, its difficult to tell you apart.

oh, you've become a mod
  • Options
    Calm down Blagsta, there's no need for that. But we do need people to post with their own log ins. Just log out and sign in with the other log in if your being automatically logged in with a different user name.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    Calm down Blagsta, there's no need for that. But we do need people to post with their own log ins. Just log out and sign in with the other log in if your being automatically logged in with a different user name.

Well yeah, if people can't post under their own names, then how are we supposed to have a debate? And *DEVIL* by her own admission, is illiterate.
  • Options
    still waiting, Bluffsta

Wait as long as you like.
    oh, you've become a mod

No, but you'll see that they agree with me.
  • Options
    No, but you'll see that they agree with me.

:confused:
  • Options
    Read Jim V's post? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The US armed the Mujahadeen before the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, with a view to drawing the USSR into a protracted war and destabilising them. The Bush family also have lots of business deals with the Bin Laden family.

That's not the first time either. The US also gave the Iraqi army a lesson in chemical/bio-warfare. They also sold them myriad chemical, biological and conventional weapons just before Desert Storm.