Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Carrying on racial debate

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If that were to happen that would indeed be unfair. But I somehow doubt it is a common occurrence. I have never heard of non-white children not being disciplined or of teachers being terrified of disciplining them.

As for the quotas, well one might or might not like the idea of positive discrimination but at least we all understand why it exists. But one thing should be crystal clear to everyone: whites are not "being unfairly treated"; whites are not "losing out". Whites have still an immensely disproportionate amount of wealth, power, access to better education and better jobs compared to that available to non-whites. To try to portray whites in Britain as an oppressed and suffering group, unfairly treated by the establishment and losing out in life is simply the biggest load of bollocks in the history of the known Universe, and a BNP-driven propaganda that shouldn't be given one second of thought.
  • Options
    lets remember, the race relations industry makes vast amounts of money branding white people racist, all paid for by the good old taxpayer of course! These people are not elected, yet we slavishly follow their edicts to the letter. The C.R.E's mission statement is to combat discrimination and racism in society; what would happen if they announced that they had succeeded in this? there would be no need to pay their inflated salaries. so it follows that they will always find racism to combat, to keep themselves in a job!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    lets remember, the race relations industry makes vast amounts of money branding white people racist, all paid for by the good old taxpayer of course! These people are not elected, yet we slavishly follow their edicts to the letter. The C.R.E's mission statement is to combat discrimination and racism in society; what would happen if they announced that they had succeeded in this? there would be no need to pay their inflated salaries. so it follows that they will always find racism to combat, to keep themselves in a job!

More paranoid nonsense straight from a BNP meeting.

You're not a student teacher, you're a BNP troll. I've seen your methods before on other bulletin boards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Becky

Still think I'm unjustified in calling solo racist?

On that yes. Ive been called a dunce before, calling someone a dunce is NOT racist. Now just change the frigging record will ya.
    Its getting very tedious now. If that comment could have been classed as racist then im sure our lovely Mods would have taken the necessary action by now......dont you think :rolleyes:

You doing what a lot of other people do. Solo calls someone a dunce and because the person happens to be afro carib male then he is racist wtf is this world coming to.
  • Options

You're not a student teacher, you're a BNP troll. I've seen your methods before on other bulletin boards.

Devil has been a member here for quite some time, again your making assumptions about people. Why is it that when someone posts something that you dont agree with then they are Troll, Racist, Pathetic etc etc etc ?

YOU need to get a grip mate !!!
  • Options
    I watched a programme last night on television, it was about policing. The camera was out with 2 police officers, they pulled a fella over for the way he was driving. The fella happened to be coloured/Asian (im not 100% sure as the face was blacked out). Anyway he was shouting at the policemen, he swore at them and on at least 3 occasions he was told about his attitude. How I see it is that he should have been arrested for his behaviour, but in todays society the police probably feel that if they arrested this fella the fella would automatically shout 'racism'.

This fella was well out of order for his behaviour and should have been nicked, if that was me swearing at a police officer and shouting at them then Id have been nicked, so why not this man ?
  • Options
    right two points -

1 - Discussing immigration is always going to lead to people expressing views that are unpleasant to others and in order to allow this debate to continue there has been a great deal of leeway allowed on all sides, but racism will not be tolerated here. Branding an entire group of people one thing just because of there race is racist and if it continues people will banned.

2 - Final warning here. The next time someone uses this thread to make personal comments against another it will be closed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    On that yes. Ive been called a dunce before, calling someone a dunce is NOT racist. Now just change the frigging record will ya.
    Its getting very tedious now. If that comment could have been classed as racist then im sure our lovely Mods would have taken the necessary action by now......dont you think :rolleyes:

You doing what a lot of other people do. Solo calls someone a dunce and because the person happens to be afro carib male then he is racist wtf is this world coming to.

Oh Jesus Christ. :rolleyes: How can you not see that calling an entire race of people dunces is not racist?

Fuckin'ell. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Devil has been a member here for quite some time, again your making assumptions about people. Why is it that when someone posts something that you dont agree with then they are Troll, Racist, Pathetic etc etc etc ?

YOU need to get a grip mate !!!

He's arguing exactly like countless other BNP trolls I've seen on countless other websites. From your last post, you have shown that you have no conception of racism anyway, so I'm not going to take your word for anything.
  • Options
    if that was me swearing at a police officer and shouting at them then Id have been nicked, so why not this man ?

What an absurd and ridiculous statement. How do you know? the police often let people off 'cos they can't be arsed with the paper work.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    Branding an entire group of people one thing just because of there race is racist and if it continues people will banned.

See Becky?
  • Options
    He's arguing exactly like countless other BNP trolls I've seen on countless other websites. From your last post, you have shown that you have no conception of racism anyway, so I'm not going to take your word for anything.

Scuse me he is a she .

Dont take my word for anything, im giving my opinion and again my opinion is that racism is getting taken too far these days.
  • Options
    What an absurd and ridiculous statement. How do you know? the police often let people off 'cos they can't be arsed with the paper work.

did you see it ? unless you did then please DO not make comment about that. I i had gone on like that fella did I WOULD have been arrested, beleive me.

Back laters to carry this on further, got to pick little un from school.
  • Options
    Scuse me he is a she .

Apologies.
    Dont take my word for anything, im giving my opinion and again my opinion is that racism is getting taken too far these days.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? :confused:
  • Options
    did you see it ? unless you did then please DO not make comment about that. I i had gone on like that fella did I WOULD have been arrested, beleive me.

No, but I'm making a general comment that you have no idea either why the police did not make an arrest. You are forming an opinion based on your views of race and race relations.
  • Options
    I'm sorry Becky but your assumption that the man in question was not arrested because he was black is completely and utterly without foundation. How on earth did you reach that conclusion? Because other than the policeman turning to the camera and whispering "between you and me, I didn't arrest him because he was black", there is no way whatsoever you can say he wasn't arrested because he was black.

I have seen the police putting up with insults and unruly behaviour many times before, most of the time concerning white people. You could reach quite a different conclusion from there couldn’t you? And I’ll tell you what else I’ve seen: I have actually witnessed countless amount of black people being stopped and searched, and sometimes arrested for nothing more severe than sucking their teeth. So can I go and say that the police are officially racist who only target black people because they don't like them?

It’d seem that it’s all down to personal perception isn’t it? And that the truth lies somewhere in between the two opposing views.
  • Options
    I'm hoping to go into the police, and I would definitely arrest someone for sucking their teeth, whatever their colour. It's disgusting and rude and should be made illegal. And that is all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    I'm hoping to go into the police, and I would definitely arrest someone for sucking their teeth, whatever their colour. It's disgusting and rude and should be made illegal. And that is all.

I hope you're being sarcastic. :eek:
  • Options
    No of course I am not, and I would also arrest people who spit in the street. :rolleyes:

No, I'm not serious, it just cracked me up that he mentioned people sucking their teeth. I really hate it.
  • Options

Solo said:
    'plus a whole lot of other sweeterners, even section 11 money made no diference to the national dunces, ie afro carib males'.

He didn't single out someone who happened to be an Afro Caribbean male. He said Afro Caribbean males were dunces.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    Your right not many children would come forward, about it but in village school where there is one ethnic child and 25 white children the discrimination is more noticeable.
    I feel your pain, that single ethnic child must be a hugely disruptive influence...

Still, at least that's your quota filled up.
  • Options
    lets clarify something here, i hate political correctness and positive discrimination, but i dont blame minority groups for these twin evils. i dont remember any minority asking for preferential treatment. the people we should blame are interfering busybody liberals, and lawyers. The only people who benefit from pc are lawyers who encourage people to sue employers and service providers for racism or sexism or whatever. I honestly believe if we all stood up to the thought police and eradicated pc, race relations would improve immesurably in this country.
  • Options
    Yeah, but "PC" is mostly an invention of the right wing tabloid press anyway, so I don't get your point. :confused:
  • Options

I'm not sure what you mean by this? :confused:

I mean people abuse the word 'racist'. People this day and age are too quick of the mark to call someone racist. Your not allowed to have freedom of speech in fear of being accused as being racist.

Major Tom the Irish are singled out as being stupid , we all have heard the jokes about the Irish. We talk about the Scots being tight, we talk about the Germans and thats fine no problem, then soon as you menton a black person or Asian person then everyone pounces and shouts out 'RACIST'.

All wrong in my opinion, whats good for one is good for another.
  • Options
    I mean people abuse the word 'racist'. People this day and age are too quick of the mark to call someone racist. Your not allowed to have freedom of speech in fear of being accused as being racist.

I only call people racist with good reason. Such as solo posting that all afro-carribean males are dunces. If you can't see why this is racist then...
  • Options
    If you can't see why this is racist then...

You did not quote the full post and I didnt go sifting through 30 odd pages to find what you were quoting.

Again though as I just said in my last post its ok that we call the Irish stupid so whats the difference ?
  • Options
    You did not quote the full post and I didnt go sifting through 30 odd pages to find what you were quoting.

:confused:
    Again though as I just said in my last post its ok that we call the Irish stupid so whats the difference ?

Its not OK to call the Irish stupid. And as for Irish jokes etc, its like I said before - its about context.
  • Options
    black gcse results

To clarify, there are more academic failures amongst afro-caribs than other ethnic group. I don't see that as the fault of anyone but themselves, not Society, man. I wouldn't spend a brass farthing on them over anyone else.
  • Options

Its not OK to call the Irish stupid. And as for Irish jokes etc, its like I said before - its about context.

But its a common thing to come out with and say the Irish are stupid.

Hypothetically ok, just lets set this scenario :
    Today I say to you " fuck off you English bastard" and thats ok, its not racist its me just telling you to piss off and shut up. I'd still be a member of this site and I dont think id get banned.
    The next day, lets assume Mr Roll is coloured and I say to him "Fuck off you black bastard" then id be instantly banned.
    What is the difference here ? to me there is none, but being just your normal english person you can be called and its ok, now the black person jumps high and mighty because its wrong to say "black bastard".

Edited to add, sorry if I did offend anyone with what I have just written it was not intentional. I just wanted to put things another way. For anyone who does not know me I am not racist.
  • Options
    Originally posted by solo
    black gcse results

To clarify, there are more academic failures amongst afro-caribs than other ethnic group. I don't see that as the fault of anyone but themselves, not Society, man. I wouldn't spend a brass farthing on them over anyone else.

Oh yeah?

From the very same link you've posted:
    The evidence suggests that parents' occupations and educational achievement are key factors in how well their children do.

In the latest survey, young people with parents in "higher professional" jobs were most likely to achieve the best grades - 81%, compared with 32% for those in "routine" occupations.

And the vicious circle carries on and on and on...