Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Carrying on racial debate

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    Ok, lets see, i think it has come to a stage now where the minority have the upper hand

no they don't.
    we are not equal, no we are not! you know why? because the government have made sure that white people have no say.

what the fuck are you on about? I have as much say as anyone else. You seem a tad paranoid.
    As major tom will agree, we are both doing a teacher training course, everything is based around the 'pc' attitudes people are brainwashed with.

situation 1 - (recption class)

a school obviously a higher ratio of ethnic than white, a teacher employed specifically to deal with multi race children. during a maths task, the english speaking child asked a question, the teacher (who was asian, speaking in punjabi) abruptly answered the english child and turned to the group of asian children to help them. (if this was a white, english teacher this would be WRONG!)

Personally i do not agree with this age group mixing, the various languages, and religions confuse young children (speaking from experience before you start lecturing me!)

Situation 2

A head tecaher had a confrontation with a child who insisted on wearing excessive amounts of decorative jewelry, the teacher asked her to remove it due to health and safety, the child kicked up, so did the parents, explaining that it was part of their religion, the school, who consists of 99% white children felt this was wrong due to the fairness of the situation.

Also behaviour in schools cannot be regulated or kept fair due to different cultures and religions, i am sorry but all children should respect and listen to class instructions, this is why we get the problems now, because people are not treated fairly as young children.

situation 3

i was in a queue in a shop, when it came to my turn the black woman behind the counter said i am sorry but this is not the queue it is over there, i agreed and left with no discussion, however the black bloke behind me was served. i also work in a shop if had done this to the ethnic people who join my queue i would receive severe disiplinary action, for racial discrimination!

So why is it ok for them and not us?

get that massive fucking chip off your shoulder and grow up. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ok alladin, can you tell me why liberals like yourself regularly brand things as institutionally racist? is that not tarring all the white people who belong to the company or organisation with the same brush?

No its not tarring everyone with the same brush. I'm not a huge fan of the phrase "institutionally racist", but basically it means that the procedures and culture of that organisation can be subtly racist, not that the individual people are.
    just admit it, you think only whites can be racist.

No one has said that. :rolleyes:
    ive met asians who think blacks are animals, and vice versa. we all dislike people for invalid reasons, sadly its human nature. how many ethnic minority people are convicted under the race relations legislations i wonder?

Yes it might be part of "human nature" (slippery concept that though), but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to overcome it.
    Yes, everyone has their prejudices, but we should try and recognise them and overcome them.

God help the kids you teach btw. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ha ha! the disgusting political correctness which you seem to believe in is on it's way out. people have had enough of being told what they are allowed to say and think. watch this space
  • Options
    Originally posted by Major Tom
    ha ha! the disgusting political correctness which you seem to believe in is on it's way out. people have had enough of being told what they are allowed to say and think. watch this space

What "political correctness"? :confused: I've never mentioned it.
    Its just a lazy term for right wingers to get all frothed up about and to make up stories to rile themselves into an apoplectic rage about how the country was better in Victorian times.
    Its a load of nonsense.
    What I do think we should have though, is a basic respect for all peoples. Something rightwingers would vehemently disagree with for some reason. You lot only want to respect people who are exactly the same as you.

What made you so bitter and angry at people? At such a young age too. I pity you. :(
  • Options
    Blagsta

Its a load of nonsense.

God help the kids you teach btw

get that massive fucking chip off your shoulder and grow up.

Because he's a scared little man hiding himself behind racism.

well remembered from your GCSE history

.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Seriously good line in rebuttals, you've got going there, you sound like a headmaster about to be put out to pasture

Contact Question Time, they're always looking for a new + dynamic viewpoint
  • Options
    oh the irony :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    I hope that by the time you've completed your teacher training course, your grammar has improved. A few more full stops in the right places would considerably increase the chance of your posts making sense.

Not that I would normally call someone out on their literary skills, but someone aspiring to be a teacher...

*Posting as devil*

With a grade C in A level English Language I think I will be the judge of that. My grammar and punctuation was a little crap, because i couldn't wait to get down my boyfriends for a shag, i was in a hurry! OK?

Written language???? this is typed, expect mistakes and typos, with the speed i type it is evident that mistakes will occur. i am not a machine, and after 5 hours of rude ignorant pigs of customers in a substandard supermarket (notice aliteration this is a term used for a grouping of words begining with share the same initial phoneme) ! I am not in the mood to come home to read some pure unadulterated drivel.

With my experience with I.T and computers, i tend to type VERY fast and not read through what i type. It is not an assignment or coursework (however i would be only to pleased to send you one for analysis)

Thankyou
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    You lot only want to respect people who are exactly the same as you.

What made you so bitter and angry at people? At such a young age too. I pity you. :(

*posting as devil*

No i respect everyone, i work with severely disabled children,from all backgrounds. i respect all of them, everyone has something to offer. So please do not start that argument with us!

Children are being brought up differently, different religions are being treated differently, white people are starting to be treated unfairly, children pick up on this and start to notice, meaning they start to resenting other races, religions and abilities.
  • Options
    *posting as devil*

No i respect everyone, i work with severely disabled children,from all backgrounds. i respect all of them, everyone has something to offer. So please do not start that argument with us!

Children are being brought up differently, different religions are being treated differently, white people are starting to be treated unfairly, children pick up on this and start to notice, meaning they start to resenting other races, religions and abilities.

You DON'T respect everyone. That much is clear from your posts. You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder and seem to be rather bitter. White children are not being treated unfairly, you are merely viewing this through the filter of your own prejudices IMO.
  • Options
    With a grade C in A level English Language I think I will be the judge of that.

LMFAO!

You genius you. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    White children are not being treated unfairly,

yes they are, £430m is being diverted from Home Office funding to improve grades for black +ethnic school grades (that'll mena black, won't it)

plus a whole lot of other sweeterners, even section 11 money made no diference to the national dunces, ie afro carib males
  • Options
    Originally posted by solo
    yes they are, £430m is being diverted from Home Office funding to improve grades for black +ethnic school grades (that'll mena black, won't it)

plus a whole lot of other sweeterners, even section 11 money made no diference to the national dunces, ie afro carib males
    you have fucking blown it solo! i've joked with you ...been patient with you ...given you the benefit of the doubt ...but now i know for sure you are racist scum!
    people like you ...are the ones who cause this country and its people serious problems ...i'd tell you to fuck off but i don't think it's allowed anymore.
    best advice i can give you blagsta ...don't even reply to the turd anymore. make his visits here pointless. he's feeding off you. starve the cnut.
  • Options
    an observation

blagsta and solo (and others)

how ever valid you believe your arguments to be, calling each other names doesn't really add any credability to what you're saying.
  • Options
    You DON'T respect everyone. That much is clear from your posts. You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder and seem to be rather bitter. White children are not being treated unfairly, you are merely viewing this through the filter of your own prejudices IMO.

Ok then answer this:

A child comes up to you and asks why the asian girl is treated differently to himself?

The answer would be he isn't you are all the same, just to spout of a little 'PC' rubbish, but you know what the real answer should be.

Or a 4/5 year old comes up to you and asks a very complex, abstract question about religion.

Who is God? Because they have a god called........., they have one called........., Our God is called God, But who is the real God who are we praying to? Jesus is Gods son, we pray to him sometimes, but that child on table 2 prays to............!

This is a child who clearly has been brought up C of E, but had to mix with other religions, meaning his knowledge of his religion is confused with another Childs. For such a young child to be confused like this, something is clearly going wrong.

The parents send them to school, especially a C of E school to learn Christian beliefs, for them to come home asking questions like this so confused, someone somewhere is failing that child.

I do not believe different religions/languages should be used around such young children.

As in Piagets theory....A child starts to decentre, around the 'concrete operations stage (ages 7-11)' this simply means that a child is unable to see things from another persons viewpoint until this stage is met. Young children can be very egocentric, at the age of 7 this starts to change. When a child has met this stage, then they should mix with other religions, cultures and languages.

Children of the age of 5 only see what they want to see (not because they are racist) and if the ethnic child in class is being treated differently (e.g. allowed to wear jewelry) you cannot expect them to come out and say, "that is because they are different to me, they believe different things" oh no they are more likely to throw a tantrum "that’s NOT FAIR why cant I wear my jewelry!"

Basically this subject is going to be one where a 1/3 believes in Multiculturalism, a 1/3 is considered 'racist' for having an opinion, and a 1/3 afraid to speak because they are afraid of being labeled 'racist'

We are never going to agree with each other, I do not consider myself to be prejudiced, however we all form opinions on people, like you Blagsta, who likes to constantly spout off how I am 'paranoid' I think you should sort out your own prejudices before anyone else’s.

This comes down entirely to personal preferences; you are labeling us racist because we don't agree with your viewpoint. I can tell you I am not racist, I do not dislike other cultures, religions, abilities etc. I think I dislike more white people than I do any other, I look a little further than skin colour I look at personality, but if i chose to dislike a black person because they are rude to me I am considered racist if do so with a white person I am considered 'right'.
  • Options
    >>>While we are on this subject I am very good friends with a boy called Shovan, he is not Christian, white, and English speaking, but I think he is one of the nicest people I have EVER met.

>>>I worked with a young boy who is black, unfortunately he has lost his sight, but he is the nicest child i have met in that place, he has a lot to offer, he cannot speak English but he has a gorgeous smile and appreciates my help in the fact he said 'thank you'.

>>>I took part in an award, some may remember, as I said at the time, I mixed with many cultures, religions etc. I got on best with an Asian girl, who taught me Punjabi, she told me about all the things she did in London to promote cultures in unison, I thought she was by far one of the nicest people I have met. In fact she shared my views on racial discrimination, what is she racist now??? Or is it only white people who cannot have a view? We got on very well, surprising that!
    If I was racist as soon as I saw her I would have ignored her, but no, in fact (SHOCK HORROR) I invited her back to my room, for a nice chat! Wow, prejudice, racist paranoid *DEVIL* spoke to an Asian girl!

>>>On holiday I met a 6 year old black boy, his mother had moved out during the summer holidays to live with her mother but earn a little money, she was speaking to me one day and asked if I wouldn't mind keeping an eye on him by the pool, i did and thought he was lovely, he was from England, moved from Jamaica. This did not change my view of him

It is easy for people to place their paranoia on people for not agreeing with them, just as it is easy for them to call them 'racist' but I certainly am not!

I we want to get funny about being prejudice, I am used to it, I am Cornish, yes I get all the incest jokes, you know what I take them, I was talking to my cousins girlfriend last night about this subject, the welsh, Scottish, Irish all have to take it. We could quite easily get up in arms about how we are mistreated, claiming our rights to equality.
  • Options
    A child comes up to you and asks why the asian girl is treated differently to himself?
    I doubt for a second that question has ever been asked by a child anywhere. Children are completely oblivious to the workings of positive discrimination.

But even if a child was to ask that question, this is all you need to reply: "Whether consciously or unconsciously, society is more unfair to non-whites than it is to whites. Non-whites are more disadvantaged and have to work harder to obtain the same quality of education, housing and employment as whites. Therefore there are measures in place to help non-whites achieve success in life and get jobs and education that would often be out of reach."

See? Not that difficult. I'm not even a teacher and have formulated a perfectly good answer to positive discrimination.

Oh and by the way: white children are not ''treated unfairly'' in any way whatsoever. You should know better than to subscribe to those kind of BNP lies.
  • Options
    "Whether consciously or unconsciously, society is more unfair to non-whites than it is to whites. Non-whites are more disadvantaged and have to work harder to obtain the same quality of education, housing and employment as whites. Therefore there are measures in place to help non-whites achieve success in life and get jobs and education that would often be out of reach."

I do not agree. I went to an all girls grammar school. About 1/3 of which was asian. Are you saying, my Asian class mates had to work harder than me to get their GCSE's? That's complete bollocks. I completely disagree with positive discrimination and jobs that are for people solely from a certain background (except for specific posts which is it necessary to speak a certain language or be a religion).
  • Options
    No, I am saying that society can by definition discriminate against non-whites. There is good reason why poverty, unemployment and badly-paid unskilled jobs affect minorities in a disproportionate manner.

And no one is suggesting children from ethnic backgrounds are going to be given better grades at school just like that. This is to do with opportunities in the workforce and places made available to people other than white.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Very well. :)

Immigration = good.

People who dislike immigrants = not very nice.

Next!

I think there needs to be give and take on both sides.

I think that having people from all different countries living together makes the world a more interesting place.

BUT I also think if someone goes to live in another country they should make some effort to learn the language and what is acceptable customs for that country.

My friend's mum has been in the UK for like 30 years and never learn't to speak English... I think that is a real shame - epsiaclly considering she has like 4 kids who all grew up here.
  • Options
    [B
    I we want to get funny about being prejudice, I am used to it, I am Cornish, yes I get all the incest jokes, you know what I take them, I was talking to my cousins girlfriend last night about this subject, the welsh, Scottish, Irish all have to take it. We could quite easily get up in arms about how we are mistreated, claiming our rights to equality. [/B]
    i'm english living in wales. the welsh nationalists get away with saying things in the papers such as ...'the english should be treated the same as foot and mouth ...they are a disease'! lots more stuff like that spouted in north wales. i was attacked in a pub in bangor for ordering a pint in english ...i broke the bastards nose and left.
  • Options
    +ve discrimination

I think the concious non-inclusion of ethnic groups such as greeks/turks in this positive discrimination is
    a)they have shown self-reliance
    b)they have no record of violence eg riots, significant crime

As for Whites, they're the least of anyones concerns
  • Options
    I'm dubious about the value of positive discrimination as well, but I do see the reasoning, especially in organisations which are supposed to represent or serve communities like local councils or the police. The diversity of organisations like these should reflect the diversity of the communities they serve.

As for the Spectator? A very right wing publication, it has its own agenda.
  • Options
    As for Whites, they're the least of anyones concerns

Oh, and this is paranoid nonsense. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Becky
    made no diference to the national dunces, ie afro carib males

Still think I'm unjustified in calling solo racist?
  • Options
    As for the Spectator? A very right wing publication, it has its own agenda.

and youre telling me no other publication does?
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    and youre telling me no other publication does?

Did I say that? :confused:
  • Options
    Did I say that? :confused:

:D

no, but its kind of implicit in the statement

I feel at the moment on this board that if anyone quotes from anything other than the guardian group or the BBC gets told there source is biased, right wing, discredited and so on. - maybe thats true,

your comment just made me smile
  • Options
    Just maintaining a balance, 'cos it seems to me that everytime someone quotes the Guardian, it gets dismissed by the right wingers for being biased.
  • Options
    If the Spectator has its own agenda, it's to publish thought-provoking articles that wouldn't see the light of day elsewhere.

positive discrimination is a positive evil. I've seen the effects in the public sector , unsuitable and troublesome employess recruited on ethnicity whom the borough cannot sack later for fear of the race-card being played against them

Labour has swelled the nos. in the public sector who in gratitude will l forever vote for them

I expect every Council has it's Equality directorate or other such cobblers

Just keep paying those speeding/parking fines, folks, your money's going to a good cause
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I doubt for a second that question has ever been asked by a child anywhere. Children are completely oblivious to the workings of positive discrimination.

But even if a child was to ask that question, this is all you need to reply: "Whether consciously or unconsciously, society is more unfair to non-whites than it is to whites. Non-whites are more disadvantaged and have to work harder to obtain the same quality of education, housing and employment as whites. Therefore there are measures in place to help non-whites achieve success in life and get jobs and education that would often be out of reach."

See? Not that difficult. I'm not even a teacher and have formulated a perfectly good answer to positive discrimination.

Oh and by the way: white children are not ''treated unfairly'' in any way whatsoever. You should know better than to subscribe to those kind of BNP lies.

Children maybe oblivious to positive discrimination, but it is still discrimination they are still treated diffrently to their other classmates, they will always ask why. It is just what young children do. They know when an adult shows more ateention towards their classmates, this can lead to all sorts of problems such as attention seeking. Your right not many children would come forward, about it but in village school where there is one ethnic child and 25 white children the discrimination is more noticeable.

Yes you are not a teacher, but i have never agreed with fobbing a child off with a load of rubbish, children KNOW that they are not the same from a very young age, they KNOW more than we think, and to be honest that explaination given to a child is still highlighting the fact that THEY ARE treated diffrerently, whether positively or not. As far as i am concerned ay discrimination is bad discrimination, if we are all EQUAL as you say why discriminate at all?

But children are treated unfairly, you are contradicting yourself, "measures are in place for non-whites to help them" this is unfair, we all know that the government have quotas for jobs, a white person maybe considerably better but may not get the job due to non-whtes opportunities. In school this is similar, i have heard from a teacher who everytime she complained to a parent of a young black boy for gis behaviour in school she was considered racist, teachers face many problems in schools. They are now scared to disipline a non-white person from fear of being labelled 'racist' yes this ONE situation may be paranoia, but society have made sure we are TERRIFIED to speak out!
    A white child will notice that the non-white child is not disiplined for the same behaviour and this is not 'unfair'?