Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I'm slowly getting back to normal-ish times now @Laura_tigger82 - getting into bed before 10pm but I'm still waking up at like 3am and getting tired in the day. Yesterday I did try to take a nap at like 6pm and ended up sleeping until 5am because I was too miserable to get out of bed. :D
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 18
    Sounds like you are making lots of progress @Past User, well done! I recognise it's not always easy to correct sleeping patterns.

Hopefully, you'll be able to stay asleep for longer as time passes so you're not so tired in the day. Even that extra 2 hours from 3 am to 5 am sounds like a positive stepping stone.

You mentioned being too miserable yesterday, how are you feeling today? Here for you if you would like to share more with us <3
    Post edited by TheMix on
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,884 Extreme Poster
    Hey
    I'm not sure to be honest. I guess I'm okay, aside from being self-conscious about certain things. But I'm struggling to understand why my thoughts are so relentlessly awful, aside from habit of course. I've been enjoying and engaged in different conversations today, and the instant I stopped those distractions, I started thinking the usual, torturous "you're a piece of shit" mantra. I would really love if my idle state of mind wasn't like that anymore. :s
    Hey @FordRanger. How are you this evening? :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited September 18
    It sounds difficult that you are feeling self-conscious about certain things @Past User. Would you like to share a little more with us about this?

You only need to share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. However, I can hear that your thoughts are relentlessly awful and you are having a difficult time with this.

Really glad to hear that other than this you are okay and have been enjoying and engaging in different conversations today.

The distractions sound really useful for you, particularly in reducing the loudness of those thoughts. Is there anything, in particular, which might help you to stay distracted tonight? :)
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Hey @FordRanger. How are you this evening? :)

@Laura_tigger82 hey, I'm ok, wbu?
    edited February 2023
    Thanks @Laura_tigger82. I think I might, but not here and not tonight.

I'm probably going to try to get some sleep soon, I've been awake for a while now so I'm super tired. Plus I'm sick of fighting with my phone to type messages. :D
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    edited February 2023
    Heyyyy all!! @leyla26 ik you’re busy with the support thread but it’s still lovely to see you, been a while hasn’t it!?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    How is everyone, I’m tipsy and kinda bored
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited September 18
    @FordRanger Glad you are ok. I am ok too thank you. How has your week been so far? :)

@Past User That’s absolutely ok, only in your own time and if you want to. Just know we are here for you and so are many others if you would ever like to talk about it. Hope you sleep well and your phone behaves soon :)

@independent_ Hey from me! Hopefully, Leyla will be able to respond to you soon. I am good thank you. Would anything help you with feeling less bored? :)
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    @FordRanger Glad you are ok. I am ok too thank you. How has your week been so far? :)

@Past User That’s absolutely ok, only in your own time and if you want to. Just know we are here for you and so are many others if you would ever like to talk about it. Hope you sleep well and your phone behaves soon :)

@independent_ Hey from me! Hopefully, Leyla will be able to respond to you soon. I am good thank you. Would anything help you with feeling less bored? :)

@Laura_tigger82 , it's been not too bad. I was saying on the support thread, that mention this much until recently on the group chat, because I was a bit embarrassed but I only have my automatic licence and that's kind of sometimes effected myself esteem so I'm thinking of actually upgrading to my manual licence. I think it's worth it, I drove a manual on private land just yesterday or the day before and did good so hopefully ill smash it .
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    FordRanger Glad you are ok. I am ok too thank you. How has your week been so far? :)

Hey @Laura_tigger82 lovely to see you too, didn't mean to make you feel left out there at all. Yeah hopefully @leyla26 sees this soon too.

Glad you're doing good!! I'm enjoying a night by myself, my niece is coming up tomorrow and I'm babysitting her, so have to actually be a responsible adult!! Might play some games tonight and just got some tunes on and a few drinks. How's your day been?
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    Hi
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @independent_ I shall try my best to be here too hehe hihi

What are we tipsy on today lassy
    @FordRanger It sounds really positive that you have managed to get some experience with this as it sounds like something that's really important to you. Yay for doing good, well done :)
    oops sorry supernova, didn't mean to mention you there! Apologies, it still mentions people if they're within a quoted message
    Heyyyy @Dancer!!

@leyla26 shared some red wine with my mum, i don't usually do red but there you go, now i am tipsy!! How are you?
    Not at all @independent_! Just thought I would say hello too. Really lovely to hear you are enjoying a night by yourself.

Good luck with babysitting your niece and being a responsible adult - hope it goes well. It sounds really chilled for you tonight with games, tunes and drinks.

My day has been ok thank you. Glad it is the weekend - I am sure I won't be alone in this! :)
    edited February 2023
    I had a breakdown today. That was fun. Not. I suppose that it was going to end up happening sooner or later.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    @FordRanger It sounds really positive that you have managed to get some experience with this as it sounds like something that's really important to you. Yay for doing good, well done :)

@Laura_tigger82 cheers, do you think I'll pass?
    Not at all @independent_! Just thought I would say hello too. Really lovely to hear you are enjoying a night by yourself.

Good luck with babysitting your niece and being a responsible adult - hope it goes well. It sounds really chilled for you tonight with games, tunes and drinks.

My day has been ok thank you. Glad it is the weekend - I am sure I won't be alone in this! :)

You're absolutely not alone @Laura_tigger82 I'm glad it's the weekend too. Don't have to think about these courses i have to do for 48 hours!

I will need luck for being responsible, as @Dancer can confirm that is definitely not me!!
    Dancer wrote: »
    I had a breakdown today. That was fun. Not. I suppose that it was going to end up happening sooner or later.

@Dancer so sorry to hear that. Hugs

Thank you so much. I felt really embarrassed especially as it was at gymnastics during my volunteering session but thankfully all the kids were busy doing their warm-up. I nearly got sent home because of it but thankfully didn't because that would have just made things worse.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,191 Part of The Furniture
    I got a new tattoo today
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @independent_ Hahaha the red wine is punishing you for not drinking it more often ;) I see that you'll be babysitting this weekend - thats soooo cute, I wish I had kid's or cousins or something to be the cool babysitter or auntie to, that's the dream lmao. Take them out of icecream and bang you're their fabourite person
    @Dancer As Shrek says, it's better out than in. It might not have felt good in the moment but hopefully you can feel a bit lighter now that some of that tension and anxiety has been released <3

Thank you so much. I felt really embarrassed especially as it was at gymnastics during my volunteering session but thankfully all the kids were busy doing their warm-up. I nearly got sent home because of it but thankfully didn't because that would have just made things worse.

Pleeeeassseeeee don't feel embarrassed @Dancer as hard as that might be. It's ok to struggle. Hope you're feeling better now.
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    I got a new tattoo today

Awwww @Millie2787 what's the tattoo of?
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,191 Part of The Furniture
    @independent_ I got my Mum , dad , Niece sister and cousin to draw a flower and then had them all tattooed in a line

Picture is below but not sure how well your screen reader will describe it

pkgq9z62kam0.jpeg
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.