Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• Brandon_LCBrandon_LC Posts: 14 Settling in
    leyla26 wrote: »
    Hi Brandon! How's it going :)

Hi leyla it’s ok how about you?
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Evening all, how is Friday treating you?
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,884 Extreme Poster
    Hey @leyla26 and @Ed_
    Evening @FordRanger - how's life treating you?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Ed_ wrote: »
    Evening @FordRanger - how's life treating you?

@Ed_ hey man, I've been a bit worried about my future again but I'm not too bad. Wbu
    Yeah I am doing alright thanks, have had a few colds the last couple of months so have been feeling a bit slow, but not the worst thing in the world.

It can be really tricky when worrying about the future, as so many things that we want to do can feel like quite a long road to get there, but trust me when saying that the journey to get there is worth it in the end. Is there a particular thing that is on your mind at the moment or that has been more than others recently?

Yeah I am doing alright thanks, have had a few colds the last couple of months so have been feeling a bit slow, but not the worst thing in the world.

It can be really tricky when worrying about the future, as so many things that we want to do can feel like quite a long road to get there, but trust me when saying that the journey to get there is worth it in the end. Is there a particular thing that is on your mind at the moment or that has been more than others recently?

@Ed_ are you better now?

I'm just worried about jobs and my career and money etc. Like not having enough money and being stuck doing something I don't like etc
    Yeah, am feeling better thanks :)

I hear you, it's a tricky one as it feels like it can be easy when worrying about jobs for each worry to build into the next. Would you like to talk through this worry, or would you prefer to chat about other stuff to take your mind off it?

Yeah, am feeling better thanks :)

I hear you, it's a tricky one as it feels like it can be easy when worrying about jobs for each worry to build into the next. Would you like to talk through this worry, or would you prefer to chat about other stuff to take your mind off it?

Unsure I don't mind talking about it @Ed_ maybe we could talk about my worries and other stuff too
    @ed_ do you like cars
    Sounds good :)

So, do you have an idea of the types of job you would want to do? Sometimes it can help to work backwards from there to get a plan together of how you can reach that job. The other thing I would say is that there may be times that you decide to take a job that you don't really like to help you in the short term whilst working towards that longer term goal. For example, some people may take part time work to get a bit of money to help whilst studying, or to save up for something that can help in the longer term. Try not to feel too badly about that kind of work, because it is still serving a purpose

Also, on a side note, did you see that Jake Paul v Tommy Fury got confirmed today? Wonder if they actually fight this time, or Tommy ducks it again, what do you reckon?

Sounds good :)

So, do you have an idea of the types of job you would want to do? Sometimes it can help to work backwards from there to get a plan together of how you can reach that job. The other thing I would say is that there may be times that you decide to take a job that you don't really like to help you in the short term whilst working towards that longer term goal. For example, some people may take part time work to get a bit of money to help whilst studying, or to save up for something that can help in the longer term. Try not to feel too badly about that kind of work, because it is still serving a purpose

I think id do something with cars maybe valeting or apprenticeship or hgv etc
    edited January 2023
    Also, on a side note, did you see that Jake Paul v Tommy Fury got confirmed today? Wonder if they actually fight this time, or Tommy ducks it again, what do you reckon?

Yh I saw it, it's on Feb 26th, I think Tommy will win , his brother and dad are going to disown him, change his surname and retire him from boxing if he loses but I think Tommy will win. Ksi said he's fighting the winner of that so I think he might end up fighting Tommy Fury if Jake loses. I hope Tommy doesn't pull out though, I think he won't this time
    Nice, that sounds like a good job to have, and I can imagine something that you'd get a lot of enjoyment from. Have you looked in to the type of apprenticeship you might want to do? There may be some organisations that can help with this

edited January 2023
    Nice, that sounds like a good job to have, and I can imagine something that you'd get a lot of enjoyment from. Have you looked in to the type of apprenticeship you might want to do? There may be some organisations that can help with this

Yh maybe hgv apprenticeship or valeting cars for a job. We contacted Princess Trust, they wasn't too helpful they said I could do these courses but unpaid which I don't think is worth getting out of the bed for tbh, I think at my age I need paid work really. Volunteering is pointless unless its a sideline like if have a good job with income
    Would the courses help you to get that apprenticeship you are after though? If so, it could be possible to find some temporary work that gives you the cash you need whilst you do that course. The whole 'short term pain for long term gain' kind of thing

edited January 2023
    Would the courses help you to get that apprenticeship you are after though? If so, it could be possible to find some temporary work that gives you the cash you need whilst you do that course. The whole 'short term pain for long term gain' kind of thing

I think no, this was different, it wasnt for apprenticeships, it was for more business to invest into my cousins company but they just said courses. I think it's best if I look myself like apply etc. Just so hard and kind of scary like I don't want to do anything I don't like or have any bad experiances man coz college sucked so much for me, people said it will help me but it did nothing bro and it was depressing
    Ah I get you, then perhaps that wasn't the one, but do keep looking and trying. Sometimes things can feel uncertain if it is going to be the right thing, but you won't know until you try. College isn't for everyone, but one way of looking at it is that you gave it a shot, and worked out it wasn't right for you, and so that is still progress. Main thing to remember is that nothing is permanent, and so if you sign up for something and decide it isn't right, then you can find something different :)

Ah I get you, then perhaps that wasn't the one, but do keep looking and trying. Sometimes things can feel uncertain if it is going to be the right thing, but you won't know until you try. College isn't for everyone, but one way of looking at it is that you gave it a shot, and worked out it wasn't right for you, and so that is still progress. Main thing to remember is that nothing is permanent, and so if you sign up for something and decide it isn't right, then you can find something different :)

Yh bro
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,072 Wise Owl

@Amy22 re coursework
    Ahh very goood im sure it turned out amazing! Have you finished it yet or is it still a work in progress.Hope everyone else has had a good weekend so far and sending positve vibes for the week ahead
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,576 The Mix Elder
    I might create a thread of some of the pictures I took
    ebyrne556 wrote: »

@Amy22 re coursework
    Ahh very goood im sure it turned out amazing! Have you finished it yet or is it still a work in progress.Hope everyone else has had a good weekend so far and sending positve vibes for the week ahead

I'm still filming some of it but hopefully it should be done soon.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Morning
    Hi
    Hey Amy, you alright?
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) Posts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    hello, how are you?
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    Hey Amy, you alright?

Sorry for the late response Im terrible at getting back to people :lol:. Im doing okay how about you?.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    All good Amy. I'm managing as best I can, just doing my best to get my sleep back to normal right now.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 18
    Good evening everyone! How is sleep going for you most recently @Past User? Hopefully, you'll be able to get your sleep back to normal soon :)
    Post edited by TheMix on
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.