Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @independent_ Hahaha the red wine is punishing you for not drinking it more often ;) I see that you'll be babysitting this weekend - thats soooo cute, I wish I had kid's or cousins or something to be the cool babysitter or auntie to, that's the dream lmao. Take them out of icecream and bang you're their fabourite person

@leyla26 yeah it's amazing tbf, I'm hoping to do pizzas for tea and some kind of treat for her, then a movie and get her into bed at a decent time. But if she falls asleep on my lap at least she's sleeping I guess :lol:
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    @independent_ I got my Mum , dad , Niece sister and cousin to draw a flower and then had them all tattooed in a line

Picture is below but not sure how well your screen reader will describe it

pkgq9z62kam0.jpeg

@Millie2787 awwww that's lovely!! I'll look on my phone for the description, my PC doesn't even try to describe them but phone does. But either way that's an adorable idea!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,098 Legendary Poster
    edited February 2023
    When I first arrived, the head coach noticed that I wasn't really myself so she asked if I was okay but I didn't really want to say anything because the kids were nearby. But then I did whisper to her "I don't want to get upset about it in front of the kids." But then during warm-up I couldn't keep it together anymore and the head coach came over to me. She said to me to take a few minutes because I couldn't coach when I was in the state that I was in. So I went upstairs, sat by the lockers and completely lost it.

A woman with a young child saw that something was wrong so she sat with me and had a chat bless her. And then after a few minutes, I went to the toilets to get some tissue and wash my face so it didn't look too obvious that I had been having a breakdown. Thankfully the child didn't notice because his mother kept him away.

And then my coaching mentor came upstairs to check on me so I spoke to her a little bit and then I went back into the gym. The rest of the session went okay but the head coach checked in with me at the end of the session before I went off for my break. I have a 30 minute break between my coaching sessions and my gymnastics session which is always really helpful.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @independent_ If she sleeps on your lap then I consider that both sleeping and a bonding experience, two in one tbh. Hope you like kids films hehe (honestly who doesn't???). Let's hope she picks a gooden
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Millie2787 It's so cuteeeee, it looks super nice with your other tattoos too <3 All tattoos are great but I'm a sucker for a sentimental meaning behind a tattoo so I love it
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @independent_ I got my Mum , dad , Niece sister and cousin to draw a flower and then had them all tattooed in a line

pkgq9z62kam0.jpeg

@Millie2787 awwww that's lovely!! I'll look on my phone for the description, my PC doesn't even try to describe them but phone does. But either way that's an adorable idea!!

The tattoo has a paw print with a large flower with leaves next to it and then some smaller flowers underneath.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,191 Part of The Furniture
    FYI … pawprint isn’t anything to do with this tattoo 🤣 that was one of my first ones

@leyla26 i have 2 others , on my other arm
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @independent_ If she sleeps on your lap then I consider that both sleeping and a bonding experience, two in one tbh. Hope you like kids films hehe (honestly who doesn't???). Let's hope she picks a gooden

@Leyla26 I might let her chill up here in my room so she can watch disney, I have Disney and the living room telly doesn't, so there's more choice up here. So long as she doesn't fall asleep in my bed, I need all the space ha ha!!
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Dancer. It sounds really difficult that you had a breakdown today and I can hear how that was not fun :/

Would you like to share more with us about this? We are listening to you if you would like to share more with us <3
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,254 Part of The Furniture
    I believe in you @FordRanger! We all believe in you :)
    My tattoo symbolises my past in competitive swimming, i want more like that but i also want some with meaning related to my family though not sure on designs for that yet.
    Dancer wrote: »

pkgq9z62kam0.jpeg

The tattoo has a paw print with a large flower with leaves next to it and then some smaller flowers underneath.

Aww that's sweet of you, thank you for the description @Dancer! Aww I didn't expect that at all that means a lot
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,884 Extreme Poster
    Unfortunately I knew that it was going to end up happening sooner or later for me. I have had so much piled up on me recently emotionally that has been bottled up a lot although I have spoken to people about some of it.
    This should be my last glass of rose, but will it be?
    I hope its ok to talk about here but im missing the Tate brothers. Does anyone here feel sorry for Andrew Tate or his bro here? I think he's innocent.
    @independent_ Ooooh what's the tattoo of to symbolise your swimming? And I think that meaningful family tattoo will just hit you one day. It'll all come together in your mind in a lightbulb moment hehe

@Millie2787 What are the two other tattoos of on your other arm? Do they mean anything? :)
    @leyla26 is your peugoet running ok?
    @independent_ Ooooh what's the tattoo of to symbolise your swimming? And I think that meaningful family tattoo will just hit you one day. It'll all come together in your mind in a lightbulb moment hehe

Millie2787 What are the two other tattoos of on your other arm? Do they mean anything? :)

@leyla26 it's of a dolphin, I'd post a pic but I'm on my PC and don't have it to hand, remind me next time you see me!!
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,191 Part of The Furniture
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @FordRanger Yeah it's not too bad! The battery on it seems a bit shit though, like the windows open and close really slowly lol. I don't know if that's a common thing with them? Everything else is alrighty though

@independent_ That tattoo is mostly of large flowers with leaves on but there is also a butterfly.
    @independent_ Nawwww you can't go wrong with a lil dolphin tattoo, the beauties of the water <3 I shall do my best to ask next time I see you!! Or just tag me whenever you post it somewhere and I'll see it next week hehe

@Millie2787 You loooove the flowers and I can't blame you because flowers and plants and nature in general is one of the greatest gifts we could possibly have on Earth. Little flutterby in the middle too for maximum beauty <3
    @FordRanger Yeah it's not too bad! The battery on it seems a bit shit though, like the windows open and close really slowly lol. I don't know if that's a common thing with them? Everything else is alrighty though

@leyla26 good it's OK. Only a minor issue, maybe get a new battery, I think they last typically a few years. It might possibly be the window motors but if it's both windows then it could be the battery. Do you think you'll get a new car soon or nah?
    Wow this thread has nearly 1000 pages now. It's probably one of the most if not the most popular thread on here. @TheMix Can you verify this please haha.
    Aww @Dancer those descriptions, so nice of you to think of me <3

@leyla26 I will defo do that!! The pics all have my crazy hair in too ha ha!!
    Wow this thread has nearly 1000 pages now. It's probably one of the most if not the most popular thread on here. @TheMix Can you verify this please haha.

Yes and we've both been here since page 1!! @Dancer!!
    @FordRanger Yeah it's only a bit of an issue, when it's icy and cold though they refuse to open for like a solid 10 seconds though hahaha, not too sure it's worth spending money on though tbh

And I'm debating selling and getting something with a bit of a bigger engine but considering I don't drive long distance much I'm not sure if it's worth it. What do you reckon??
    @FordRanger Yeah it's only a bit of an issue, when it's icy and cold though they refuse to open for like a solid 10 seconds though hahaha, not too sure it's worth spending money on though tbh

And I'm debating selling and getting something with a bit of a bigger engine but considering I don't drive long distance much I'm not sure if it's worth it. What do you reckon??

@leyla26 , yh might be not worth it especially as you might upgrade.

I think if you have the money upgrade, maybe you could get the newest Peugeot 208, it looks nice. I'm going to upgrade my fiesta when I get some money in.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster

Yes and we've both been here since page 1!! @Dancer!!

It's almost certainly the longest thread since the boards software changed, some of the old mega threads were lost to the internet of days gone by, though even with those, I think the main big ones (rant and hugs thread) were smaller than this!
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.