Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,674 Skive's The Limit
    Sooo
    whats everyone secret that they think is weird to others so never told anyone. Mine is being excited for my nipple hair to grow to pluck it out and it is satisfying 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I am female. Just hairy😂😂😂😂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    i got chest pains again lolll no sleep for me :lol:
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited September 18
    Past User said:
    Yeah could be good @GreenTea worth a check in! :)

I can try to do it so mods can play too

@Aidan 80s quiz lol
    Nah pub quiz will have 5 different topics/ rounds and then bonus questions 

@independent_ you aren't terrible at them. It's the taking part that counts.

I tried to get the quiz thread going again..where you answer the question above then ask the next question. But don't think people are interested in it anymore. Maybe il have to think of new game threads. 
    I like doing the polls like which do you prefer polls. Maybe I'll do another one in a couple weeks
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Liam said:
    I got chest hair again. Now sleep for me. Gotta get the tweezers 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @GreenTea not the minstrels but I did get a hot chocolate because I love hot chocolate lol 

Sounds yum. At least it's chocolate something
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    @Aidan without technology I’d have still met my partner but we probably wouldn’t have kept in touch ahaha so technology is a big part. We are lucky really that the journey isn’t too far in terms of LDRs 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Liam said:

Can you take anything for it?
    @Shaunie loool that made me snort 
    Ngl. I find myself too funny sometimes🤣🤣🤣
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Shaunie Lol 
    Iv'e just been panicking all day because it's results day tomorrow I have to go to school to get the results I hope I don't get rubbish results

Without technology I wouldn't of met the people here and all the old users I still text and talk to outside of here.. or any of my friends on social media that I meet up with etc
    Emoji246 said:
    @Shaunie Lol 
    Iv'e just been panicking all day because it's results day tomorrow I have to go to school to get the results I hope I don't get rubbish results

Aw. I understand 

just remember it doesn’t determine your future no matter the out come <3
    edited August 2020
    You get what the teachers gave you @Emoji246 so like predicted grades and centre grades.
    Not worth worrying about. I failed my GCSEs and still managed to get to uni, just took longer
    The worse thing is I've been going to bed at 3am has anyone else who is it just me lol
    @Liam that’s not good hope you’re alright, maybe take something??

@GreenTea yeah I’ve always found quizzes really fun even if I don’t get the answers aha, and if I do that’s a bonus ;) yeah hot chocolate was nice we’ve got loads of hot chocolate in atm 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Liam said:
    GreenTea said:
    Can you take anything for it?
    Yeah pal i'm on meds, i've taken them and they calmed it down but can only take 2 per day and not allowed to take them at night, thats when my heart starts throbbing. Called GP today and going up to the hospital again tomorrow but im nervous about that so think its making it worse lol

Hopefully tomorrow they can help. Maybe do some breathing exercises to try calm it down. Focus on lungs not heart
    I'm usually fast asleep by half 1 @Emoji246 :smiley:
    I justfuckedup big tkme
  • Former MemberFormer Member Fruit loop Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sending hugs @Liam ! My heart was playing up last night couldn't sleep hopefully the appointment goes well ❤️
    Liam said:
    I'm usually fast asleep by half 1 @Emoji246 :smiley:
    I've got insomnia lol 
    I was sewing my jeans to correct them because they are too big. I put the needle down and forgotten and I just stabbed my thumb

Sewing is a great distraction
    Someone really scared me because they said you can get heart disease from not sleeping :/  
    I used to be going to bed at about 2 or 3am @Emoji246 but actually lately I’ve got a bit better and was in bed by midnight last night. Don’t think tonight will be that early though. Good luck for your results tomorrow, honestly your results don’t define you and especially at GCSE level, don’t determine your future very much.
    Aidan said:
    Ah @Emoji246 I had trouble sleeping for a long time but they prescribed me something (for depression in general) and then I had trouble keeping awake! I've been alright since, it's good to have a routine I like to read a book or watch a bit of a film before bed :)
    I hope your alright now tho
    edited September 18
    Thanks @Past User it's horrible isnt it?? Hate it when doctors are poking and prodding my chest lol. my heart was beating so fast last night like i had ran a marathon :lol:
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Rip my thumb
    edited August 2020
    edit : just seen your comment @GreenTea , owww
    Ouch @GreenTea I did that once and that’s why I no longer sew. It hurts more than you’d think it would 
    When I was younger I use to go hospital a lot as I was part of a research project (it's been published now) and I had to have blood tests, ECGs twice a year and I use to have to wear this space helmet thing..like a dome over my head to like measure my oxygen and something else and I would spend all morning every 6 months going through medical checks