Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @Liam @independent_ last time it was my foot.. but at least I found the needle 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    Ah helloooo side effects of fluoxetine 🤢 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Ah helloooo side effects of fluoxetine 🤢 

I had bad side effects with this drug. Hope it settles soon
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,535 Skive's The Limit
    Why do I want to hurt myself when I fee good
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Just given me abit of tummy ache that’s all , I had it last time with them lol
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited August 2020
    Ive heard a lot about side effects of anti depressants. Do the side effects go after a certain amount of time taking the medication? Curious because i've heard that it makes people feel so poorly, seems kinda harsh considering its a medication which is supposed to make you feel better?

Feel well @Millie2787
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,650 Legendary Poster
    @Millie2787 hope it settles down soon <3 I was the same with sertraline 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I used to be going to bed at about 2 or 3am @Emoji246 but actually lately I’ve got a bit better and was in bed by midnight last night. Don’t think tonight will be that early though. Good luck for your results tomorrow, honestly your results don’t define you and especially at GCSE level, don’t determine your future very much.
    Yes I've got to get back in the routine I don't know how that will work I'm so used to going to bed late now.
    And thank-you so much ill tell you guys how it went tomorrow <3
  • Options
    @liam they usually peak around the second week if it’s your first time having them but after that they tend to settle , but every person has one or 2 that they won’t agree with like sertraline gave me a dodgy tummy 😂
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Oh god @independent_ I was stuck on the loo when they tried me with sertraline 😂
  • Options
    I see @Millie2787 i've never had anti depressants (think im too young anyway) but i don't have depression.

They sound difficult
  • Options
    Mirtazapine was the best one for me but I stopped because the weight hain
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @liam yeah some do, mine made me really ill for a week, I couldn't stop throwing up and didn't move for the entire time. Just had to push through it and now I'm fine, feel sooooo much better than I did before. It was worth a week of side effects. The only one I have now is a small tremour in my hands but Id rather have that than panic attacks lol 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    @Liam I think they’re meant to go away, if you can put up with them for long enough for them to go away. I started on sertraline a couple weeks ago, first couple of days were alright then it made me feel sick all the time, couldn’t sleep basically at all and it made me feel worse mentally .. so I came off it. Would have given it a chance if it hadn’t been quite like that because I’ve heard that once the side effects go away, they work wonders. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,535 Skive's The Limit
    Citalopram is best antidepressant for the least amount of side affects 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Just given me abit of tummy ache that’s all , I had it last time with them lol
    Hope you get better soon  <3
  • Options
    I need to go back on meds but I refuse at the same.time. this has been the longest time I. 4- 5 years I've not had meds
  • Options
    Ohhh thats interesting @Eleanor and @Aidan looks like theres a fair few side effects that people can suffer from. I wonder what causes everyone to feel so poorly or drowsy 
  • Options
    @independent_ always worth trying others , there always prescribe sertraline first because it’s the cheapest one for them to prescribe 
  • Options
    @independent_ you dont have to answer but have you ever tried fluoxetine?

Whats the difference between them all? 
  • Options
    @Emoji246 I guess you are ignoring me or just missed the comment but I'll say it again. You can still get to places regardless of exam results. Just takes a different route
  • Options
    Oh god @independent_ I was stuck on the loo when they tried me with sertraline 😂
    @Millie2787 they made me feel so sick I could only deal with that for so long 
  • Options
    @indepenent_ always worth trying others , there always prescribe sertraline first because it’s the cheapest one for them to prescribe 

I got flouxatine first lol
  • Options
    @GreenTea Sorry I didn't see your message 
    Thankyou  <3
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Liam Anti depressants drain out the fluid in your ears and then refills it back up after time. This makes you feel dizzy and makes you throw up in some cases. They also pull down all your hormone levels so you cant sleep because you dont have enough melatonin and you feel even more sad because of lack of serotonin etc but it puts them back up over time to a higher level than you had before :)
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    @liam I think that’s a question for google 😂 as I have no idea the difference between them all , I know fluoxetine is commingly used in those under 18 and mitazapine words as a part sleeping tablets too because makes you drowsy , as for the others I have no idea 😂
  • Options
    Ohhhh thats so interesting and clever @Eleanor , thanks ! Ill google my question @Millie2787 because genuinely curious :lol:
  • Options
    All I know is if you can put up with the side effects for a few weeks I know whichever one your on or when you find the right one it can really make a difference, 
  • Options
    I went flouxatine
    Flouxatine and propranolol
    Then sertraline and propranolol
    Then off propranolol and onto Promethazine
    Then got put on mirtazapine
    What a drug adventure
  • Options
    @Liam never tried fluoxetine no, my GP said she always prescribes sertraline first to younger women because it causes the least weight gain apparently.