Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Night @Eleanor take care. 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    I might ask for Promethazine again. That really helped me sleep 
    It is over the counter

Not the dose I was on
    No it’s all over the counter. They don’t do any higher dose. Everything you need for the max dose would be in the OTC box. The box they prescribe is the same as over the counter cause they have told me the highest dose is what Anyone can take and it was just over the counter box. You just take the extra pills to get the right dose. But it is not long term. I know shouldn’t mention names of what I take. But I’m not this is what google say. It’s 25 mg box. And there is a 10 mg box. But OTC one is 25mg

and also probably cheaper buying it over the counter

You're Wrong. Sorry. 
    I'm going by what medical professionals told me and I was closely monitored on the high dosage. 
    Okay. I’m not wrong though. It’s my experience so it can’t be wrong. 

To me it's wrong Because I had a completely different experience and couldn't get my dose over the counter. 
    Yeah to me that is wrong. Because everything you need is over the counter but yeah somewhere obviously one of us have been told different. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Aidan HAHA  ye did you google it =)
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    Come on guyssss I thought that joke was funny 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    My high was fun while it lasted. Now I feel shit lol. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    it was @Millie2787 i chuckled :lol:
  • Options
    Take care @Eleanor <3
  • Options
    @Shaunie @Aidan got the joke haha
  • Options
    Night @Eleanor <3
  • Options
    Emoji246 said:
    @Shaunie @Aidan got the joke haha
    Lol. That’s actually a good one. Never heard of it before ahah
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    I might ask for Promethazine again. That really helped me sleep 
    It is over the counter

Not the dose I was on
    No it’s all over the counter. They don’t do any higher dose. Everything you need for the max dose would be in the OTC box. The box they prescribe is the same as over the counter cause they have told me the highest dose is what Anyone can take and it was just over the counter box. You just take the extra pills to get the right dose. But it is not long term. I know shouldn’t mention names of what I take. But I’m not this is what google say. It’s 25 mg box. And there is a 10 mg box. But OTC one is 25mg

and also probably cheaper buying it over the counter

You're Wrong. Sorry. 
    I'm going by what medical professionals told me and I was closely monitored on the high dosage. 
    Okay. I’m not wrong though. It’s my experience so it can’t be wrong. 

To me it's wrong Because I had a completely different experience and couldn't get my dose over the counter. 
    Yeah to me that is wrong. Because everything you need is over the counter but yeah somewhere obviously one of us have been told different. 

My dose was not safe to be over the counter. Ovbs can't give out the dosage because it's against rules. But like I said. I was closely monitored
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    I was doing so well with like going to bed early but tonight is not going to be a night like that lol I’m gonna be up for hours 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Yeah. But You can just take the pills needed to get the dose. Probably cheaper. 
  • Options
    I was doing so well with like going to bed early but tonight is not going to be a night like that lol I’m gonna be up for hours 

Ima be up for hours too prop
  • Options
    orange squash and a slice of bread sounds good. i might go get that
  • Options
    Shaunie said:

Not cheaper.
  • Options
    @Aidan gazebo effect :joy: :joy 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    @Aidan SHHHHHHH 

don't ruin my joke 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:

Not cheaper.
    Okay sorry. Thought was helping
  • Options
    When I was on the max doseage of promethazine. I went psychoic😂 like literally paranoid for my life and I saw things that wasn’t there. I’ve only ever done that from drugs or promethazine 😅
  • Options
    promethazine is a sleeping pill or?
  • Options

Me lol love finding relatable shit on social media
  • Options
    Liam said:
    It’s used for many things. Sedative in mental hospitals. Sleeping pill. Antihistamine   Prevent sickness 
  • Options
    thats for allergies? @Aidan
  • Options
    @Liam yeah I think it’s a sleeping tablet that you can get in small doses over the counter but if you need a higher dose your GP has to prescribe it
  • Options
    Liam said:

It has many uses but sleeping is one of them. It's also used for sickness and allergies. 

You know sometimes you get the allergy tablets that make you sleep? 
  • Options
    Im learning so much from yous guys tonight :lol:
  • Options
    My sister used to work in a mental hospital. I told her the other day promethazine is over the counter. She could not believe it because it is as strong as anything. They use it in mental hospital to sedate patients. 
    I do not agree it should be over the counter and esp at the doseage it is over the counter. It is very stron
  • Options
    Emoji has been blocked for two mins <3 super frustrating when that happen
  • Options
    I imagine they use different sedatives too @Shaunie ? i agree that if its so strong they can use it as a sedative then it should be prescription only