Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @liam most antidepressants are SSRIs which are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors which means the meds stop you neurons in your brain from reaborbing unused serotonin so that the brain is forced to use it which makes you feel happier. All SSRIs essentially do the same thing except they are made with different chemicals
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I might ask for Promethazine again. That really helped me sleep 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea said:
    It is over the counter
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @GreenTea Sorry I missed your comment  <3
  • Options
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Dya feel comfortable with the one you're on now @GreenTea ?
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    Oh the joys of propranolol, mine doesn’t really work anymore 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    It is over the counter

Not the dose I was on
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Dya feel comfortable with the one you're on now @GreenTea ?

I'm currently on nothing. My last meds caused weight gain and then my GP misdiagnosed pneumonia so I've had a whole case going about that because I was really poorly and I need to change GP but a lot aren't taking because of covid and the one GP place I want have a mental health practitioner on site etc
  • Options
    I’ve just been given 14 days worth of zoplicone and then sleep hypnosis to try and get me back into a routine of sleep 😴 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    The almost complete inability to sleep was probably my worst side effect. That made everything else worst 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @Liam Have you got school tomorrow
  • Options
    Oh the joys of propranolol, mine doesn’t really work anymore 

Mine helped very little. It has little impact on slowing down physical symptoms. 
  • Options
    @Shaunie Tell a joke lol
  • Options
    thanks @Eleanor

Nope @Emoji246 ive got a hospital appointment tomorrow :)
  • Options
    @Liam no problem! Uni knowledge has gotta come in useful somewhere right? :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
     @Liam I have to be up at 10:00 lol
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    It is over the counter

Not the dose I was on
    No it’s all over the counter. They don’t do any higher dose. Everything you need for the max dose would be in the OTC box. The box they prescribe is the same as over the counter cause they have told me the highest dose is what Anyone can take and it was just over the counter box. You just take the extra pills to get the right dose. But it is not long term. I know shouldn’t mention names of what I take. But I’m not and this isn’t a prescribed med it’s otc. And  I don’t take promethazine anymore. But this is what google say. It’s 25 mg box. And there is a 10 mg box. But OTC one is 25mg

and also probably cheaper buying it over the counter
  • Options
    Emoji246 said:
    @Shaunie Tell a joke lol
    I wish a knew a funny joke 😅 do you? 
  • Options
    @Shaunie Yep :)
  • Options
    I have to be up at 8 @Emoji246 ! :lol:

@Eleanor still awake? :lol:
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    It is over the counter

Not the dose I was on
    No it’s all over the counter. They don’t do any higher dose. Everything you need for the max dose would be in the OTC box. The box they prescribe is the same as over the counter cause they have told me the highest dose is what Anyone can take and it was just over the counter box. You just take the extra pills to get the right dose. But it is not long term. I know shouldn’t mention names of what I take. But I’m not this is what google say. It’s 25 mg box. And there is a 10 mg box. But OTC one is 25mg

You're Wrong. Sorry. 
    I'm going by what medical professionals told me and I was closely monitored on the high dosage. 
  • Options
    You know stairs are pretty dangerous 

There always up to something 😂

• Options
    @Liam I'm going to bed now lol 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    @Eleanor I love the psychology knowledge, I studied a bit of psychology last year aha. I was going to do it again as part of this years course but not now 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Everyone, why do we tell actors to break a leg?
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    It is over the counter

Not the dose I was on
    No it’s all over the counter. They don’t do any higher dose. Everything you need for the max dose would be in the OTC box. The box they prescribe is the same as over the counter cause they have told me the highest dose is what Anyone can take and it was just over the counter box. You just take the extra pills to get the right dose. But it is not long term. I know shouldn’t mention names of what I take. But I’m not this is what google say. It’s 25 mg box. And there is a 10 mg box. But OTC one is 25mg

You're Wrong. Sorry. 
    I'm going by what medical professionals told me and I was closely monitored on the high dosage. 
    Okay. I’m not wrong though. It’s my experience so it can’t be wrong. 
  • Options
    Night night pal @Eleanor :lol: watch slender wont come get ye 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    It is over the counter

Not the dose I was on

You're Wrong. Sorry. 
    Okay. I’m not wrong though. It’s my experience so it can’t be wrong. 

To me it's wrong Because I had a completely different experience and couldn't get my dose over the counter. 
  • Options
    Emoji246 said:
    Everyone, why do we tell actors to break a leg?
    Lol no idea. 
    Incase they do so they can pretend it was just an act