Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

1103210331034103510361038»

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 518 Incredible Poster
    @Amy22 Yeah it's definitely the feeling, since it was a city hospital rather than my local GP it did feel a lot more "aggressive too" and it just feels "claustrophobic" even though I don't really get that. My arms are fairly thin (just always have been) so maybe that doesn't help - I'm often left with a huge thick red band from where it's been!

Hate needles as well but I think it's partially because my dad's side of the family has always just been pretty phobic surrounding medical stuff but it means we have numbing cream in the house so I used that for my first blood test and it worked well. My "hack" was listening to "...Ready For it" by Taylor Swift but I skipped the intro and played it from when she starts singing because it's kind of more "rap" but my reasoning is I don't have to hear the doctors saying "3,2,1..." or anything like that. I thought they were going to take more than they did and it all went much better than I thought but it's the sort of thing that doesn't help to hear and you can't believe until it's over.
  • Options
    eylaheylah Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    Amy22 wrote: »
    had terrible news at my appt today. so not good. hugs. its windy here. <3 . @Amy22 its ok. :)

Im sorry to hear that you had bad news at your appointment. Bad news can also be quite anxiety inducing as well sometimes especially if you have a lot of appointments too. Im always here if you do need someone to talk to <3.

thank you. im feeling very tired today. but im ok. thank you. :)