Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,855 Master Poster
    JustV wrote: »
    Random but does anyone know how to avoid clothes shrinking? I feel like every single thing I buy ends up getting smaller after a couple of washes. I find something that fits perfectly in a shop but it never lasts very long. Unless clothes just do shrink a bit when you first wash them?

Yeah they do shrink a bit when you first wash them. Eventually it should stop though.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    @JustV I think sometimes some clothes will shrink I think cause I guess its a thing. I wonder if there is an anti shrinking solution or something you can get which will stop clothing from shrinking
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    Hmm, thanks everyone - I'll see if I can tell what's going wrong or whether it's just life 😅
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    I'm sitting in a nandos and wow it's so busy in here lol
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    What's your fave Nandos order @Amy22?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 3,572 Community Veteran
    @FordRanger Tell the thoughts on the KSI fight!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    edited September 2023
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @FordRanger Tell the thoughts on the KSI fight!

@leyla26 I thought you were gonna say you were too busy to come here haha. Thanks for coming on though I really appreciate it. I think Tommy Fury wins just because he's a proper boxer, he's done the sport since he was 4 or something and jj has done it since 2017/18. I think ksi could beat most if not all influencer boxers but Fury is pro.

Also I saw a few 73 plate cars today which is pretty cool they only got released 2 weeks ago so the cars I've seen would have been bought in the past few weeks potentially bought today. Have you seen any?
  • Options
    @FordRanger Hahah we probably are too busy but I know you've been wanting to talk about it for ages so let's do it! He surely HAS to win - like if he doesn't its either a miracle or majorly staged. Do you think it will ruin JJ's boxing career if he loses though?

Oh yeah you're right, they would've just been released!! No I haven't seen any but I shall keep an eye out and try to remember which cars I see so you can judge them. What's your opinion on personalised number plates? I've been seeing loads of them recently
  • Options
    @FordRanger Hahah we probably are too busy but I know you've been wanting to talk about it for ages so let's do it! He surely HAS to win - like if he doesn't its either a miracle or majorly staged. Do you think it will ruin JJ's boxing career if he loses though?

Oh yeah you're right, they would've just been released!! No I haven't seen any but I shall keep an eye out and try to remember which cars I see so you can judge them. What's your opinion on personalised number plates? I've been seeing loads of them recently

@leyla26 yh sorry if I distracted you or anything from supporting people when it's busy. True like if Tommy doesn't beat ksi I think it will look bad for him. Yh id be surprised if KSI wins but his work ethic is good though, Tommy's will be too though.

"So I can judge them" loool. I like personalised number plates, maybe when I'm sorted and get money on my next car I'll get one on it.
  • Options
    @FordRanger Nah it's okay, don't worry about it!

JJ isn't a real human like I don't know how he works so hard so constantly and on so many different things. Definition of built different. How is Tommy as a boxer in general?

Hahah exactly, you're the car expert here so need an expert opinion. What do you think you'd have on yours??
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @FordRanger Nah it's okay, don't worry about it!

JJ isn't a real human like I don't know how he works so hard so constantly and on so many different things. Definition of built different. How is Tommy as a boxer in general?

Hahah exactly, you're the car expert here so need an expert opinion. What do you think you'd have on yours??

@leyla26 I know you probably have gone away from the thread now as it's way past 9 30 but, true like JJ works so hard. I think Tommy Fury is a good boxer in general, I think he's just working towards fighting tougher opponents and get to a similar point Tyson Fury is.

I'll probably have something like my name with my initials.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,855 Master Poster
    Is it bad that I took a nearly 2 hour nap? I definitely needed it. I didn't want to nap for any longer than that otherwise I won't sleep properly tonight. Woke up about 9pm.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    What's your fave Nandos order @Amy22?

Its been such a while since I went to Nando's. For Me I go for the butterfly burger thing i think thats what its called with spicy rice and chips, alongside some lemon and herb sauce to go onto my chipsl. Very tasty. I tried the limited edition garlic bbq sauce and it was heaven on earth. Also, fro-yo to top it all off with a coke zero and Im a very happy gal xd
  • Options
    @IainJammyboy Happy late birthday friend :)
  • Options
    @Morgyn007 Before the thread support starts and I forget again - so we have a proper Grinch mask at work because why not and the big manager (who is up for a laugh and is lovely) was doing work in one of the offices so one of the other managers put the Grinch mask on the end of an extremely long duster and made it dance outside the window and scared the life out of big manager when she looked up hahaha
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,192 Boards Champion
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,192 Boards Champion
    gadw8eq8vqck.jpg
    i8tv39rwo8ku.jpg
  • Options
    *chanting* NORA NORA NORA! i love how chunky she is she's such a unit but a unit of pure cuteness and wrinkles. Give her a hug from me <3@Chloe234
  • Options
    I got some cool news!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I found out that my uncle and aunt were looking at our family tree and my 32 great great uncle was William the Conquerour apparently
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster
    @Amy22 Whoa thats cool! (No idea who he is hehe but he sounds very very cool!)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Amy22 Whoa thats cool! (No idea who he is hehe but he sounds very very cool!)

aw thx apparently William the Conquerour was the king of England I think during the 9th century or something like that but yeah xd and we also found there are a lot of mayors in the family lol
  • Options
    @Amy22 Ooh, so that means I have the pleasure of talking to royalty! *posh haha* xD
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 a priviledge indeed xd Nahh I wouldent consider myself posh at all lmao :lol: though my nan reckons my mum gave me the middle elizabeth after the queen xd.
  • Options
    @Amy22 Wait, so your middle name is Elizabeth and you're not posh?? Excuse me :lol:
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 Yep I woulden't even consider myself 1% posh but 100% Welsh :lol:
  • Options
    @Amy22 1% Welsh would be better than 10000% royal family hahaha, so 100% Welsh is a proper win!
  • Options
    @Amy22 Me neither lol. I'm like 99% Polish if it wasn't obvious how I can never stop myself from mentioning Poland haha. The 1% being the fact that I'm literally living in the UK, talk English and browse the internet in English and everything lol. I swear I even talk to my brother in English half the time lol