Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Salix_alba_2019 Duck? What duck? Are you referring to the swan in the photo perhaps? :lol: And wdym you 'claimed it'?? You can do that? Aaaah I'm too stupid to understand!

Aww bless you, I was only joking about the duck being my pet hahaha
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,523 The Mix Elder
    Apparently fun fact you can adopt a highway in the US, omg imagine if you could claim ducks. Im convinced the duck I saw near Ianto's shrine was Ianto himself reincarnated as a swan xd . I need to watch Torchwood as I've only seen scenes and looked at wiki. I haven't watched it yet lmao ik ik I should be watching xd as Ive heard good things.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Salix_alba_2019 Duck? What duck? Are you referring to the swan in the photo perhaps? :lol: And wdym you 'claimed it'?? You can do that? Aaaah I'm too stupid to understand!

Aww bless you, I was only joking about the duck being my pet hahaha

What fucking duck??? 🤣 You know what, forget it. I said nothing!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
    edited September 2023
    @JJLemon18 OMG I JUST SNORTED WITH LAUGHTER, I GET IT NOW 🤣

I used the term duck as a collective for de water birds. I just had a Google and now I see where I went wrong Looooool Plz forgive me😆
    @Salix_alba_2019 wait so you calling it a duck wasn't a joke?? I was starting to think you're just messing around with me at this point xD

Also I noticed that for some reason I don't get any notifications when you tag me. Just you, everyone else's work normally. Strange
    @JJLemon18 ooo that's odd, I'm not too sure what's going on there with the notifications.

Every time I read this interaction , it proper makes me laugh 💀 I'M FROM THE CITY, PIGEONS ARE ALL I KNOW 🤣🤣🤣

I also say bath as a collective term for an actual bath or shower and my boyfriends (past and present) have always corrected me lol
    @Salix_alba_2019 okay I actually got the notif this time.

Hahaha. You see what I mean tho? There's a photo of a swan and you suddenly start going on about a duck named Gertrude, and I'm just like where on earth did that come from?? This made me laugh real good too :lol:

I also say "bath" for both a bath and a shower lol. It's kind of like a standard word for "washing yourself" I guess
    I just say I'm having a shower when I shower and bath when I bath which is rare as I don't bath anymore.
    It is way too warm right now for me to literally function :scream:
    I was just looking through the old archives on here including my introduction in the introduce yourself thread and It's amazing to think that The Mix was previously known at The site before it was changed to The Mix. It's amazing to think that this place has been up and running since 2002 and earlier 2000's the year I was born. It makes me wonder what the future of The Mix will look like eventually <3 will still be here of course hehe
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,056 Wise Owl
    It is crazy to think about!
    Whats everyone up to this weekend? I hope you all have a great weekend <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I think for me right now I need to cool down from the very hot weather we are having right now. I'm prepared and armed with lollies and neopolitan ice cream xd
    Literally I nearly fell over because I crossed my legs and I was stuck to the chair I was sat on :lol:
    Somone let me touch their baby bump 🥹. My brain couldn't comprehend that their was an actual baby in there so I spent 3 minutes trying to compose myself lol
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,466 Part of The Furniture
    Random but does anyone know how to avoid clothes shrinking? I feel like every single thing I buy ends up getting smaller after a couple of washes. I find something that fits perfectly in a shop but it never lasts very long. Unless clothes just do shrink a bit when you first wash them?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,673 Skive's The Limit
    JustV wrote: »
    Random but does anyone know how to avoid clothes shrinking? I feel like every single thing I buy ends up getting smaller after a couple of washes. I find something that fits perfectly in a shop but it never lasts very long. Unless clothes just do shrink a bit when you first wash them?

What temp do you have it on?
    Used to go to the laundrettes when didn’t have washing machine and my clothes would always shrink so thought everyone’s did but then got own washing machine now never shrinks so might be your washing machine or the temp have it on. Maybe it’s because they tumbled dried it or something and don’t tumble dry just leave it to dry I dunno but used to annoy me loads. I would say my clothes maybe sometimes do shrink now but rarely
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,673 Skive's The Limit
    My birthday tomorrow going out out to Nottingham today hope I’m not hung over for my birthday. I’ll try not to drink much
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,096 Legendary Poster
    JustV wrote: »

Yeah they do shrink a bit when you first wash them. Eventually it should stop though.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    @JustV I think sometimes some clothes will shrink I think cause I guess its a thing. I wonder if there is an anti shrinking solution or something you can get which will stop clothing from shrinking
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,466 Part of The Furniture
    Hmm, thanks everyone - I'll see if I can tell what's going wrong or whether it's just life 😅
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    The truth resists simplicity.
    I'm sitting in a nandos and wow it's so busy in here lol
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    What's your fave Nandos order @Amy22?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @FordRanger Tell the thoughts on the KSI fight!
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,832 Extreme Poster
    edited September 2023
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @FordRanger Tell the thoughts on the KSI fight!

@leyla26 I thought you were gonna say you were too busy to come here haha. Thanks for coming on though I really appreciate it. I think Tommy Fury wins just because he's a proper boxer, he's done the sport since he was 4 or something and jj has done it since 2017/18. I think ksi could beat most if not all influencer boxers but Fury is pro.

Also I saw a few 73 plate cars today which is pretty cool they only got released 2 weeks ago so the cars I've seen would have been bought in the past few weeks potentially bought today. Have you seen any?
    @FordRanger Hahah we probably are too busy but I know you've been wanting to talk about it for ages so let's do it! He surely HAS to win - like if he doesn't its either a miracle or majorly staged. Do you think it will ruin JJ's boxing career if he loses though?

Oh yeah you're right, they would've just been released!! No I haven't seen any but I shall keep an eye out and try to remember which cars I see so you can judge them. What's your opinion on personalised number plates? I've been seeing loads of them recently
    @FordRanger Hahah we probably are too busy but I know you've been wanting to talk about it for ages so let's do it! He surely HAS to win - like if he doesn't its either a miracle or majorly staged. Do you think it will ruin JJ's boxing career if he loses though?

Oh yeah you're right, they would've just been released!! No I haven't seen any but I shall keep an eye out and try to remember which cars I see so you can judge them. What's your opinion on personalised number plates? I've been seeing loads of them recently

@leyla26 yh sorry if I distracted you or anything from supporting people when it's busy. True like if Tommy doesn't beat ksi I think it will look bad for him. Yh id be surprised if KSI wins but his work ethic is good though, Tommy's will be too though.

"So I can judge them" loool. I like personalised number plates, maybe when I'm sorted and get money on my next car I'll get one on it.
    @FordRanger Nah it's okay, don't worry about it!

JJ isn't a real human like I don't know how he works so hard so constantly and on so many different things. Definition of built different. How is Tommy as a boxer in general?

Hahah exactly, you're the car expert here so need an expert opinion. What do you think you'd have on yours??
    edited September 2023
    @FordRanger Nah it's okay, don't worry about it!

JJ isn't a real human like I don't know how he works so hard so constantly and on so many different things. Definition of built different. How is Tommy as a boxer in general?

Hahah exactly, you're the car expert here so need an expert opinion. What do you think you'd have on yours??

@leyla26 I know you probably have gone away from the thread now as it's way past 9 30 but, true like JJ works so hard. I think Tommy Fury is a good boxer in general, I think he's just working towards fighting tougher opponents and get to a similar point Tyson Fury is.

I'll probably have something like my name with my initials.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,096 Legendary Poster
    Is it bad that I took a nearly 2 hour nap? I definitely needed it. I didn't want to nap for any longer than that otherwise I won't sleep properly tonight. Woke up about 9pm.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    What's your fave Nandos order @Amy22?

Its been such a while since I went to Nando's. For Me I go for the butterfly burger thing i think thats what its called with spicy rice and chips, alongside some lemon and herb sauce to go onto my chipsl. Very tasty. I tried the limited edition garlic bbq sauce and it was heaven on earth. Also, fro-yo to top it all off with a coke zero and Im a very happy gal xd