Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    @IainJammyboy Happy late birthday friend :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited September 18
    @Past User Before the thread support starts and I forget again - so we have a proper Grinch mask at work because why not and the big manager (who is up for a laugh and is lovely) was doing work in one of the offices so one of the other managers put the Grinch mask on the end of an extremely long duster and made it dance outside the window and scared the life out of big manager when she looked up hahaha
    Post edited by TheMix on
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,213 Boards Guru
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,213 Boards Guru
    gadw8eq8vqck.jpg
    i8tv39rwo8ku.jpg
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    *chanting* NORA NORA NORA! i love how chunky she is she's such a unit but a unit of pure cuteness and wrinkles. Give her a hug from me <3@Chloe234
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,523 The Mix Elder
    I got some cool news!!!!!!!
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    I found out that my uncle and aunt were looking at our family tree and my 32 great great uncle was William the Conquerour apparently
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    @Amy22 Whoa thats cool! (No idea who he is hehe but he sounds very very cool!)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Amy22 Whoa thats cool! (No idea who he is hehe but he sounds very very cool!)

aw thx apparently William the Conquerour was the king of England I think during the 9th century or something like that but yeah xd and we also found there are a lot of mayors in the family lol
    @Amy22 Ooh, so that means I have the pleasure of talking to royalty! *posh haha* xD
    @JJLemon18 a priviledge indeed xd Nahh I wouldent consider myself posh at all lmao :lol: though my nan reckons my mum gave me the middle elizabeth after the queen xd.
    @Amy22 Wait, so your middle name is Elizabeth and you're not posh?? Excuse me :lol:
    @JJLemon18 Yep I woulden't even consider myself 1% posh but 100% Welsh :lol:
    @Amy22 1% Welsh would be better than 10000% royal family hahaha, so 100% Welsh is a proper win!
    @Amy22 Me neither lol. I'm like 99% Polish if it wasn't obvious how I can never stop myself from mentioning Poland haha. The 1% being the fact that I'm literally living in the UK, talk English and browse the internet in English and everything lol. I swear I even talk to my brother in English half the time lol
    @JJLemon18 its funny cos you would think cause I was born Welsh and live in Wales I would be able to speak fluent Welsh. I can speak a little bit of it but not a lot at all. I talk way more English than Welsh. Its always funny when I mention this to my welsh speaking friends who were in college.
    @Amy22 I mean, after seeing what the Welsh language looks like... I don't blame you xD
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @Amy22 1% Welsh would be better than 10000% royal family hahaha, so 100% Welsh is a proper win!

Honestly tbf it would really. I find it funny cause my name surname you would think is actually Welsh but apparently it's English :lol: (*Sad times lmao*) But on my mum's side there are so many fancy people xd. I only found out tonight I'm related to WIlliam the Conqueror and I think that is cool even though Im not a huge royal lover tbf xd
    @Amy22 I mean, after seeing what the Welsh language looks like... I don't blame you xD

It is a bit tricky picking it up and omg my friends who speak welsh speak so so fast. I did work experience for a welsh childrens show in my area and I was so so confused. It kind of sounded like Simlish lmao to me really.
    I was glad my welsh speaking friend was there as they helped me a lot that day xd
    @Amy22 what is Simlish?
    @Amy22 what is Simlish?

the language the sims talk in, so in the video game The Sims there's an offical language called Similish which you can learn I think on Youtube apparently :lol: I might give it a go
    @Amy22 omg I searched it up... its amazing!! XD
    @JJLemon18 it is!! Sul sul
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,056 Wise Owl
    Morning everybody just a checkin from me this morning <3 sending positive vibes for the week ahead
    @Amy22 Bloo bagoo?

(Every single site I check tells me a different translation lol)
    @Amy22 Bloo bagoo?

(Every single site I check tells me a different translation lol)

Choo wagga choo choo! Narb se sorb
    @Amy22 okay okay stop now :lol: I can't find what "narb se sorb" means lol
    @JJLemon18 haha sorry I got carried away with Similish I think I made that one up, I think it's supposed to be 'hey your pretty cool' I think xd lol
    Omg folks I found a similish translator and I think theres an actual book of the language too which I want so bad!