Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    The simpsons is like my therapy at the moment also cause im not in college I guess I can watch it more and stuff. The jokes are hilarious xd
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited September 2023
    duw5v2ja5mj6.jpg

Today 😍
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    duw5v2ja5mj6.jpg

Today 😍

Beautiful photo!!
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    duw5v2ja5mj6.jpg

Today 😍
    this looks so damn dreamy
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    @JustV who knew the city had beautiful places like this 🤩 I felt like I was on holiday 😄
  • Options
    Some pictures from today's outing, it was so hot today too.

kz17hvvmvgfn.jpg
    ff9pagy6pacs.jpg
    g1jmz1wpjbfc.jpg
  • Options
    @Amy22 ayyyy that's ma duck Gertrude
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 we love Gertrude they are cute and vibing. The swan was vibing with me too xd and there was a Tourchwood shrine where I went too (Tourchwood is spinoff show to Dr Who) in memory of a fan favourite character and the swan was just chilling at the shrine <3
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster
    Duck Gertrude??? I am so confused lol...
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    @Amy22 Ahhh no way, thats soo cool! I hope you had a fab time with Gertrude and and reliving Torchwood ( I freaking loved that programme)!

@JJLemon18 I have claimed the duck as my own 🤪
  • Options
    I saw somone in a BLACK PUFFER😱 It's 30 degrees today 😭
  • Options
    @Amy22 Ahhh no way, thats soo cool! I hope you had a fab time with Gertrude and and reliving Torchwood ( I freaking loved that programme)!

@JJLemon18 I have claimed the duck as my own 🤪

They were lush and the Ianto shrine were pure gold!

seriously wearing a puffer jacket in 30 degrees heat. I mean tbf that's something you see everyday in my street
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 Duck? What duck? Are you referring to the swan in the photo perhaps? :lol: And wdym you 'claimed it'?? You can do that? Aaaah I'm too stupid to understand!
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Salix_alba_2019 Duck? What duck? Are you referring to the swan in the photo perhaps? :lol: And wdym you 'claimed it'?? You can do that? Aaaah I'm too stupid to understand!

Aww bless you, I was only joking about the duck being my pet hahaha
  • Options
    Apparently fun fact you can adopt a highway in the US, omg imagine if you could claim ducks. Im convinced the duck I saw near Ianto's shrine was Ianto himself reincarnated as a swan xd . I need to watch Torchwood as I've only seen scenes and looked at wiki. I haven't watched it yet lmao ik ik I should be watching xd as Ive heard good things.
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »

Aww bless you, I was only joking about the duck being my pet hahaha

What fucking duck??? 🤣 You know what, forget it. I said nothing!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @JJLemon18 OMG I JUST SNORTED WITH LAUGHTER, I GET IT NOW 🤣

I used the term duck as a collective for de water birds. I just had a Google and now I see where I went wrong Looooool Plz forgive me😆
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 wait so you calling it a duck wasn't a joke?? I was starting to think you're just messing around with me at this point xD

Also I noticed that for some reason I don't get any notifications when you tag me. Just you, everyone else's work normally. Strange
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 ooo that's odd, I'm not too sure what's going on there with the notifications.

Every time I read this interaction , it proper makes me laugh 💀 I'M FROM THE CITY, PIGEONS ARE ALL I KNOW 🤣🤣🤣

I also say bath as a collective term for an actual bath or shower and my boyfriends (past and present) have always corrected me lol
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 okay I actually got the notif this time.

Hahaha. You see what I mean tho? There's a photo of a swan and you suddenly start going on about a duck named Gertrude, and I'm just like where on earth did that come from?? This made me laugh real good too :lol:

I also say "bath" for both a bath and a shower lol. It's kind of like a standard word for "washing yourself" I guess
  • Options
    I just say I'm having a shower when I shower and bath when I bath which is rare as I don't bath anymore.
  • Options
    It is way too warm right now for me to literally function :scream:
  • Options
    I was just looking through the old archives on here including my introduction in the introduce yourself thread and It's amazing to think that The Mix was previously known at The site before it was changed to The Mix. It's amazing to think that this place has been up and running since 2002 and earlier 2000's the year I was born. It makes me wonder what the future of The Mix will look like eventually <3 will still be here of course hehe
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    It is crazy to think about!
    Whats everyone up to this weekend? I hope you all have a great weekend <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I think for me right now I need to cool down from the very hot weather we are having right now. I'm prepared and armed with lollies and neopolitan ice cream xd
  • Options
    Literally I nearly fell over because I crossed my legs and I was stuck to the chair I was sat on :lol:
  • Options
    Somone let me touch their baby bump 🥹. My brain couldn't comprehend that their was an actual baby in there so I spent 3 minutes trying to compose myself lol
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    Random but does anyone know how to avoid clothes shrinking? I feel like every single thing I buy ends up getting smaller after a couple of washes. I find something that fits perfectly in a shop but it never lasts very long. Unless clothes just do shrink a bit when you first wash them?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    JustV wrote: »
    Random but does anyone know how to avoid clothes shrinking? I feel like every single thing I buy ends up getting smaller after a couple of washes. I find something that fits perfectly in a shop but it never lasts very long. Unless clothes just do shrink a bit when you first wash them?

What temp do you have it on?
    Used to go to the laundrettes when didn’t have washing machine and my clothes would always shrink so thought everyone’s did but then got own washing machine now never shrinks so might be your washing machine or the temp have it on. Maybe it’s because they tumbled dried it or something and don’t tumble dry just leave it to dry I dunno but used to annoy me loads. I would say my clothes maybe sometimes do shrink now but rarely
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    My birthday tomorrow going out out to Nottingham today hope I’m not hung over for my birthday. I’ll try not to drink much
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley