Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    @Spook98 yeah that is most likely why. When you stop or run out of meds suddenly you can get withdraw symptoms and it can cause sickness. That's why we are normally weened off them gradually. X 

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    @Mia_moo thought so, thanks. Don't need to stop taking them, just had some issues with changing doctors so it's still another couple of days until my next appointment. Hopefully then I can sort it all out.
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Plenty of hugs everyone :heart:
  • Options
    Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    @Spook98 can be annoying when that happens. I ran out the other night because they lost my prescription apparently. Hope it all gets back on track for you ❤️ Mints might help with feeling sick, tend to suck on them when I feel sick and it just takes the edge off. X 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    I'm so sad
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,924 Master Poster
    I feel scared. People in the Derbyshire area could die! I don't want anyone to die. There is severe flooding. It reminds me of the world war 2 evacuations when I learnt about them. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Kasa2103 said:
    I feel scared. People in the Derbyshire area could die! I don't want anyone to die. There is severe flooding. It reminds me of the world war 2 evacuations when I learnt about them. 
    Yep a potential Bursted dam may come and I'm off to hoildays their tommorow 😳👌
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    davcr0ck said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    You might want to think about not going. I don't want you in danger. Or your family. Please stay home where you can actually stay alive and safe.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    davcr0ck said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    You might want to think about not going. I don't want you in danger. Or your family. Please stay home where you can actually stay alive and safe.
    I'm at the boarder of Staffordshire and Derbyshire, I've checked and I seem to be fine where we are 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    @Shaunie said:
    I keep crying😭😭😭😭😭. I literally am so sad. I'm scared going to be all alone with no one to speak to. Even Samaritans don't want to speak with me, clearly. I am soooo sooo sad😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. 
    Hugs :heart:
  • Options
    davcr0ck said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    davcr0ck said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    I'm at the boarder of Staffordshire and Derbyshire, I've checked and I seem to be fine where we are 
    Sorry to be bossy but I don't want you taking any chances. I would rather have you delay it by a few days than risk being a flood victim. We care about you here so much.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited August 2019
    Kasa2103 said:
    davcr0ck said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    davcr0ck said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Sorry to be bossy but I don't want you taking any chances. I would rather have you delay it by a few days than risk being a flood victim. We care about you here so much.

The police and everyone has assessed the situation and have evacuated the town. If they felt the need to widen the evacuation they would have. I'm sure it will be ok, I'm sure they are prepared for the worst outcome. Also they are working on pumping water out of the dam 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    davcr0ck said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    davcr0ck said:
    Kasa2103 said:

The police and everyone has assessed the situation and have evacuated the town. If they felt the need to widen the evacuation they would have. I'm sure it will be ok, I'm sure they are prepared for the worst outcome 
    OK.  I trust you. Just stay safe.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @Kasa2103 I read the news articles and they are really trying to pump out as much water required to stable the dam
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    @Kasa2103 I read the news articles and they are really trying to pump out as much water required to stable the dam
    That is great to hear.
  • Options
    Super long rant coming up. I need it. Sorry if it is sort of spammy.

On Friday (26th July) I was coming out about being lesbian at gymnastics. Me and the other gymnasts in my group were discussing boyfriends. We were all asking each other if we have boyfriends or if we are single pringles. I said "I don't have a boyfriend but I am not a single pringle." One of the other gymnasts asked how that is even possible. I said "I am lesbian and have a girlfriend." Seeing how shocked all the gymnasts were was so embarrassing and I am worried that the coaches overheard. If they did I will never hear the end of it. I probably won't even hear the end of it from the gymnasts because I know what they can be like. If you are wondering how I heard about single pringle, one of my friends used that quote before in an Instagram post (long before I got banned.) Me and the gymnasts in my group are all friends but sometimes they can keep going on and on about things that have happened. It feels so embarrassing and I feel like I cannot be lesbian without feeling humiliated. I did come out as lesbian at another place as well and it was worse. It was at school when it happened last time. That is a whole other story. Another problem that I am facing is that I feel really nervous about going back to school in September. This is because in September I am going into year 9. In year 9 we choose our GCSE options and even have some pre-mock exams. I feel nervous because I don't know what the subjects are like (except biology) and also because it is really stressful. Year 9 is pre mocks. Year 10 is actual mocks. Year 11 is the dreaded exams. Whenever I have sat formal exams before (not like in class ones but like the exams to see what type of secondary school you can go to) I have freaked out and failed. I was so close to passing my first exam though (I was about 10 marks off thanks to my non verbal reasoning basically being non existent.) The pre mocks are thankfully mostly in class but my pre mock for dance is participating in a performance. I performed last year but as part of the year 7 and 8 dance group (I was the youngest out of everyone at 12 and a half years old.) Year 9 is the most important year for me (except for year 11.) I also cannot help being stressed. I suffer with anxiety and it is exams, crowds and change that trigger it the most. Last time I sat a formal exam I took a couple of rescue remedy gummy tablets with me into the exam (I hid them in my pencil case but the examiners did not notice.) Those gummy tablets are basically almost life savers. I know that I won't be allowed them (most likely) in pre mocks, mocks and the actual exams in case teachers think I have drugs or chewing gum.) Rescue Remedy is probably the only thing that controls my anxiety well enough for me to focus on exams or anything that is a trigger for me. My anxiety has been made worse due to severe bullying that I was made to go through for about 80% of year 8 and about 10% of year 7. 10% doesn't sound like much but it is 10% too much for me to have to face. The bullying takes ages to explain so I will use another message to explain that to you if that is OK. I keep getting memories of when I was 8 years old. Basically at 8 years old I had an ultrasound of my girly malteasers (I giggle too much when using the word boobs) because the doctor sent an urgent referral. He thought I had breast cancer due to a growth/lump in my breast. If it was cancer I would probably not be alive. I would have been in heaven by 11 years old or 12 if I was very lucky. It turned out to be benign. I wish it never had to happen at all. The memories feel too much for me. I am not explaining why I keep getting the memories though. 😭😔
  • Options
    What's this about flooding? Scan read something about Staffordshire where I live. :p hardly ever leave the house though so I havent noticed anything lol
  • Options
    Can't sleep cause I'm too sad
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Today is the day, 7 years ago, I would be getting ready for heart surgery well not until midday, well surgery didn't take place until 2pm not 6am when I'm typing this,

I'm waiting for the normal massive amount of text that mum would writing about me and what happened 7 years ago and for it then to go onto Facebook, then all the simpathy comments back from all her friends,

I hate it I honestly hate it to the tips of my teeth, I just want to get to where im staying for the week in Derbyshire/Staffordshire and just cry for a hour, and sit in the bath which I can fit in l and have a bath bomb (looking at the positives)

I've signed out of Facebook and Instagram for the day because I don't want to see the stuff about me that's gonna go on Facebook.

**mini rant over **
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Told me family "if you never let me be home alone now- feeling suffocated will make me feel worse- you can't keep an eye on me forever". Then they was like but mum can come round to make dinner. No.dont like mum so no. Then my sister goes like " it won't matter if you feel worse - you wouldn't be able to try anything extreme if we are here" um shut the fuck up.- don't care if I feel worse.
    anyways I think maybe will be home alone today. Thankfully. Feel like cant breath.  Need space 
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Todays not a good day ☹️😭
  • Options
    Cancelled going out with my friend and feel so guilty now 😭
  • Options
    Well I had a rough night. Laid awake until about 5am with my chest sinking with sadness. And cried. I just feel like I'm a worthless, useless, unwanted waste of space :/ I kept imagining being yelled at or otherwise hated and it hurt haha.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    My mums right with everything she says, I don’t have a life and it’s my fault I’m like this, people don’t actually care they’re just fed up of me moaning and I’m no normal 18 year old, hardly leaving the house and having no enjoyment out of life. Cba 😔
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Just popping in to say that I believe in you all and if anyone's struggling and wants to talk or just needs a chit chat, feel free to message me :)  <3 
  • Options
    @Butterfly23 I've been told the same things before and I've come to agree. It can start a bad cycle of loneliness / unhappiness and self loathing. But I bet youd never think the same about others that you think about yourself and if one of your friends was having a tough time youd want them to tell you so that you could help them. Why should your problems be any different? :)
  • Options
    That’s true tbh @Spook98 I’m too hard on myself sometimes x
This discussion has been closed.