Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 696 Incredible Poster
    River wrote: »
    Suicidal, just want to die. Got no one to turn to. Lay in bed sobbing with everything tormenting me inside my head

Hey @River, you are doing so well to keep reaching out and talking about these heavy thoughts you've been having. <3

Please remember that we are all here for you and want to support you. Can you let us know if you're feeling safe today?

We all need somewhere to turn to as it can feel quite confining to hold all of this to ourselves. I wondered what your support is looking like at the minute? You deserve to have that support outlet which you can turn to, to share what's been going on. <3

You're doing so well and I'm sending lots of strength your way. You're never alone with this and if you're struggling to cope, you can always reach out to the below:
    * If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    * Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.

Keep going River <3
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,209 Boards Champion
    Thankyou @Gemma
    Gemma wrote: »
    Hey @Chloe234, how are you doing this morning? It sounds like things have been really tough lately. <3

I wondered if you had managed to receive any support for your eating? I know I've flagged these to you before but remember there are services like Beat who run online support groups and you can read more about them here.

They also have a help finder, to help you look for support in your area.

I'm not doing great in all honesty but been doing schoolwork since 8 so just gonna continue all day to distract

Yeah I used them in the past but things happened so I don't feel able to use them anymore so it's kinda just a struggle alone thing now
    Gemma wrote: »
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    So much shit has gone on these past few days, but trying to stay strong and be there for others

You deserve to be supported, Chloe, and you don't have to be strong for others. Please remember it's never your responsibility to be there for other people and it's so important that you look after your own wellbeing. Do you have any plans for this weekend? <3

Probably just schoolwork and revision because I've got so much to do

• Options
    @Gemma I did manage to speak to my GP, and they spoke to my mental health team. We all kinda agreed there's a hell of a lot of miscommunication going on but the facts are that they're just watching over me at this point to see what it is/could be and that 'coping strategies' won't be my so called 'permanent treatment'

Hey @IainJammyboy - they've finally admitted there's blame to hold on their part then! However it doesn't sound great that they just want to 'watch over you' at this point.

Did they offer you any next steps with regards to moving from coping strategies to treatment options? It sounds like they are going round in circles a bit with your care, and I can see how this must be so frustrating, Iain, when you are making so many efforts to get the support you need.

It's so brave of you to have contacted your GP. You shouldn't have to, but we are all so proud of you for pushing for the right support for yourself. We're all here for you <3
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,182 Wise Owl
    @Gemma yeah im safe. I have no support which is fine cos means I'm not bothering people tho I just lost the only way I get my feelings out so I'm upset about that and have no where to turn at all :/
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    edited January 13
    @Gemma yeah im safe. I have no support which is fine cos means I'm not bothering people tho I just lost the only way I get my feelings out so I'm upset about that and have no where to turn at all :/

@River you always have us to chat to, we are here for you no matter what. <3

Glad to hear you're feeling safe today. <3 Remember you can always start a new thread on here to chat through some of what you have mentioned to make sure you are getting the support you deserve. Sending you lots of hugs and strength.

Do you have any plans for today to keep you busy? I came across this website which gives you some poem starters and creative writing ideas. I know poetry has helped you in the past so maybe you could give one of those a go today. (Some of them are a bit random to be honest, like asking you to write about the smell of an egg :D - I mean what does an egg smell like?)
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,182 Wise Owl
    @Gemma can't I dont want to bother people anymore. At the beach today but me and mum got in argument cos she always has a go at me over minor stuff so snapped at her and now she is annoyed at me.

Thank you, I'll check it out and maybe post some if I do on here :)
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    Hate how it's taken absolutely everything out of me just going to the shop and McDonald's. Feel shit for eating and my mentalhealth us shit and has taken over again too I'm just used to being home or school and they're my 2 comfort places, the rest are taking everything out of me. Got my hospitality and catering 3 hour practical on Friday and I'm dreading it. Especially because after that I'm not going home, I'm going to my friends house for a 2 night sleepover because on Saturday its her birthday so we're gonna be children and go to the milkyway for the day then go out for a meal in the evening for her birthday which is gonna be shit
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,115 Wise Owl
    I don’t belong anywhere
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 951 Part of The Mix Family
    Maybe it's my mum that's the problem - maybe that's why I prefer putting myself in hospital as oppose to staying at home
  • Options
    Feel like no one cares and I really miss my teacher
  • Options
    My problems are stupid
  • Options
    @Chloe234 I don’t think your problems are stupid! :heart:
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    @Gemma can't I dont want to bother people anymore. At the beach today but me and mum got in argument cos she always has a go at me over minor stuff so snapped at her and now she is annoyed at me.

Thank you, I'll check it out and maybe post some if I do on here :)

You aren't bothering us @River - we are all here with you if there is anything you would like to share with us. How was the beach, apart from you and your mum getting in an argument? It sounds difficult for you that she is annoyed at you for snapping at her and her always having a go at you over minor stuff :/ How has it been going with you and your mum since she was annoyed at you? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Hate how it's taken absolutely everything out of me just going to the shop and McDonald's. Feel shit for eating and my mentalhealth us shit and has taken over again too I'm just used to being home or school and they're my 2 comfort places, the rest are taking everything out of me. Got my hospitality and catering 3 hour practical on Friday and I'm dreading it. Especially because after that I'm not going home, I'm going to my friends house for a 2 night sleepover because on Saturday its her birthday so we're gonna be children and go to the milkyway for the day then go out for a meal in the evening for her birthday which is gonna be shit

You have been doing really well to continue eating @Chloe234, especially when you have been thinking and feeling this way and it has taken absolutely everything out of you. You have also been really brave to share with us about how you have been feeling. Is there anything which usually helps you when your mental health has taken over - for example, do you have a support network?

I can really hear the dread you are feeling around your hospitality and catering practical - especially with the length of time it is over and not going home afterwards either! It sounds like home and school are your comfort places. Is there anything about these places which makes them particularly comfortable for you? I am just wondering if there are any of these principles which you might be able to apply to going to your friend's house. We are here with you Chloe <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    We can hear how you are in difficult places at the moment @AnyonymousToe and @IainJammyboy with not feeling like you belong or do not want to be where you are. Is there anything which might make this more manageable for you both at the moment? Would you like to expand on what has triggered you to feel this way? <3
  • Options
    Feel like no one cares and I really miss my teacher

We care about you @AnonymousToe. When might you be able to see your teacher? :)
  • Options
    Dads just had a fucking go at me for having a "messy room and not bringing my washing down when he asks" like yes I'm not fucking perfect but if he looks closer maybe he will realise how fucking depressed I am and how hard small tasks like self care and tidying my room are. He's just told me that I've ruined his plans to go out together and walk nora so I said why don't you go out without me then because at this point it's not like he would fucking care.
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    edited January 14
    i have no fucking freedom its like im in prison
    Post edited by libbystrawberry on
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    feel like I'm not allowed to even have opinions or think my own way - I mean I never have
  • Options
    feel like I'm not allowed to even have opinions or think my own way - I mean I never have

i feel u @IainJammyboy
  • Options
    kngjk5x5vy64.png
  • Options
    My mum's trying to gaslight the fuck out of me saying "arguments are normal in all families" instead of fucking apologizing
  • Options
    My mum's trying to gaslight the fuck out of me saying "arguments are normal in all families" instead of fucking apologizing

im sorry <3 i get u tho, when ur young at least when i was young i thought certain things were normal like seeing violence and hearing abuse constantly only now im older now i realise my life is just fucked and it aint normal
  • Options
    @libbystrawberry hugs - yeah I get it tho it really does mess with you with the fact you've grown up around it so much it's kinda a shock to actually see what's considered "normal"
  • Options
    Forgot chat was on tonight. Struggling and don't wanna go to school tmmr (but also do?) But oh well. It's life I guess
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 154 Helping Hand
    @IainJammyboy @JJLemon18 @AnonymousToe @Chloe234 Sending you all hugs and hope you get some rest this evening <3
  • Options
    All this stuff just keeps pushing me to the absolute extreme where I just can't take it anymore
This discussion has been closed.