Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,181 Wise Owl
    @Gemma idk sorry, no im done bothering services
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,115 Wise Owl
    Worried about my (former) teacher, they’ve been ill for ages
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 951 Part of The Mix Family
    @libbystrawberry not to us you're not
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    im terrified of myself
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    I don't feel well enough to make any decisions for my own care but the NHS don't really listen
  • Options
    First I discharge myself from all NHS services and stop all my medication cold turkey cause I think I'm "cured" and that I can do this all on my own but then come crawling back to them. Then I try register as homeless because then I think that will fix all my problems because I believed my family only used me as a puppet of sorts to make them seem perfect - then even then I'm still not sure if that's true or not. And so I spend thousands of pounds getting prepared for that but I never go through with it and then onto the next thing. When will it end
  • Options
    edited January 10
    I feel like I’m going crazy. Definitely about to get my period 😭 I just wanna hide from everyone
  • Options
    Fell asleep at like 11pm and woke up at 3:15 now I cant sleep
  • Options
    Got councelling in 15 mind and need to tell her about my age regression but scared to
  • Options
    Wake up and the first thing I hear is my mum's complaining and shouting
  • Options
    Couldn't tell her about my age regression
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 870 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey everyone
    Hearing how things are difficult for a lot of you at the moment but im sending lots hugs and just putting a reminder of some extra support you can get.You are all amazing human beings and deserve the support Big hugs to u all <3
    * Local urgent mental health helpline | Open 24/7 | Find details about your local service here.
    *Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    *Samaritans (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    *Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,900 Master Poster
    I had a panic attack in class and ended up walking out.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Luca made a comment about my food and it triggered my ed and I threw my lunch in a bin
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 870 Part of The Mix Family
    edited January 10
    Dancer wrote: »
    I had a panic attack in class and ended up walking out.

Sending love Dancer How are you feeling now and were the school supportive Hope you can have some time to look after yourself this afternoon. <3

@River it wont let me reply in thread Aw no River im not sure who Luca is but im sorry he said that sometimes people can rlly make things worse Did you say anything to him? I know thats not always easy tho. Hope you can do something to take care of yourself as well this afternoon .Is their anything that normally helps you in situations like this. Sending hugs
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 thanks, no I went and cries in the bathroom instead
  • Options
    Found out properly that I'm kicked out of college and can't get any help from the NHS until a few months
  • Options
    edited January 10
  • Options
    Can't wait to see what bullshit NHS 24 come up with this time
  • Options
    @IainJammyboy sorry I just accidentally reacted with ‘LOL’ - ugh I hate that!! I really hope you get the support you need ❤️
  • Options
    NHS 24 completely fucked me over
  • Options
    NHS 24 advisor I spoke to at first was thinking along the lines of being admitted just to get me to a fucking stable point which I thought would help, but then got reffered to an out of hours CPN and she said "it's your responsibility to get better, and that the NHS can't do anything to help you" and "self discovery"
  • Options
    I have no life. Everything feels really surreal and I think I’m going crazy
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    i wish i could jusr dissapear
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    happinessaheadhappinessahead Posts: 3 Newbie
    @Xee I'm not sure how to reply in a thread, and I'm not entirely sure how I ended up here. But I've just made an account so I could say this: things are going to get better. You made it through yesterday, you'll make it through today, and tomorrow, and the next day, and all the days after that. Keep talking, and people will keep listening.

To reiterate what @ebyrne556 posted above, there are resources out there:
    *Local urgent mental health helpline | Open 24/7 | Find details about your local service here.
    *Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    *Samaritans (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    *Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org

Sending you a huge hug.
  • Options
    happinessaheadhappinessahead Posts: 3 Newbie
    River wrote: »
    Luca made a comment about my food and it triggered my ed and I threw my lunch in a bin

@River I've just noticed your post, too. As someone who battled an ED for 5 years (but is extremely proud to say she's now out the other side) I can hand on heart say that you can get through this. For extra support, Beat have some incredible services, including their peer mentor scheme called SharED where you can chat 1-1 with someone who has recovered from their ED, vent to them, ask for advice and just have a safe space to go to - you get partnered up for 6 months so it's a great support to have in the background. It won't let me link it since I've only just joined, but you can google SharED Beat and it'll come up.

Huge hugs, hope school goes well today, don't allow Luca (whoever this inconsiderate person is!) to take away your health and happiness. You've got this.
This discussion has been closed.