Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 696 Incredible Poster
    NHS 24 advisor I spoke to at first was thinking along the lines of being admitted just to get me to a fucking stable point which I thought would help, but then got reffered to an out of hours CPN and she said "it's your responsibility to get better, and that the NHS can't do anything to help you" and "self discovery"

This is really awful to hear @IainJammyboy, that you aren't getting the support you need. The NHS should be helping to find out what they can do to best support you. We all need help along the way and that support should be available and easily accessible but it sounds like it just isn't. Do you think you could tell them that you think being admitted might be helpful to help you to feel more stable?

How are things feelings this morning? Let us know, we're here for you. <3
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,181 Wise Owl
    @happinessahead just looked at it and it isn't anonymous so I'm unable to use it
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    happinessaheadhappinessahead Posts: 3 Newbie
    @River sorry to hear that. Keep posting here and reaching out for any support you need. How are you feeling today after yesterday's events?
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    im so pissed off bcs i asked my teachers for support so my head of year emailed my other teachers and he made it sound like im just lazy. my form tutor spoke to me abt it in front of my whole form and he told me i need more self discipline. i couldn't even defend myself and tell him it's bcs my mental health has plummeted because it was in front of the whole fucking class. now all my teachers think im just lazy ughhh.
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    Xee wrote: »
    trying so hard not to sob in the middle of class

that was me today too
    sending hugs <3
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 951 Part of The Mix Family
    @Gemma thanks - honestly they're still pretty bad. I am still trying to talk to my GP and my mental health team and absolutely everyone but they just don't want to seem to help me at all. My whole life is just falling apart
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,104 Community Veteran
    River wrote: »
    Gonna stop complaining about life and burdening others and just continue to bottle everything up, what's the worst that could happen...i end up dead?....shame :bawling:

I understand how you feel about everything at the moment but I would like to reassure you that you are not a burden at all. No one is a burden for wanting to ask for help. The best thing anyone can do is say I need help or support. I also bottle up a lot of worries from time to time which I know I shoulden't but its easier said than done sometimes I find when people always say you can talk about anything on you. Theres only so much you can bottle up. Im always here for you if you needsome someone <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    im a fucking failure, a worthless piece of shit that no one wants

I don't think your a failure at all, you haven't failed, it shows that you are still trying. Sometimes we need to allow ourselves to feel like we failed but then we can learn and move on. To us your not a failure because you are trying so so hard everyday <3. Im always here if you need someone to talk to.
  • Options
    Dads eyesight isn't good at moment and I coulden't log into work and he shouted because hes in pain and I feel bad for stressing him out.
  • Options
    @Gemma thanks - honestly they're still pretty bad. I am still trying to talk to my GP and my mental health team and absolutely everyone but they just don't want to seem to help me at all. My whole life is just falling apart

I'm really sorry to hear this @IainJammyboy - it isn't right that they don't seem to want to help you, it's what they're supposed to be there for! Is there anyone else you feel comfy taking with you to see the GP or your mental health team who can help you advocate for what you need?

You're doing so well to keep going, Iain. We're all here for you and really proud of you for sticking things out and continuing to look for support. <3
  • Options
    Siena wrote: »
    Bad thoughts

We're here for you @Siena <3

Keep fighting those thoughts, you've got this. Do you feel comfy sharing with us if you're feeling safe at the minute?

Remember that if it does become difficult to fight those thoughts, you are not alone. There are services out there who can help you through this:
    * If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.

Sending you lots of strength <3
  • Options
    why do i love willy wonka fanfic im so weird im creepy
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster
    Everything is just the worst :s Every time I get the slightest bit hopeful it all somehow gets even worse. Why can't it just be okay
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,115 Wise Owl
    Lonely and miserable. Everyone’s in a bad mood today
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,209 Boards Champion
    Really struggling with my eating atm, hate how I've lost all progress. Not been reaching our the past couple days either and shutting people out
  • Options
    So much shit has gone on these past few days, but trying to stay strong and be there for others
  • Options
    I want to give up.
  • Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 868 Part of The Mix Family
    Heya @AnonymousToe sending big big hugs,here if you need someone to listen.
    From errrin
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    Everything's so shit I just want a fucking break
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    do u ever just wanna bash ur head really fucking hard against a wall
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    May be slow at answering messages or pms for a little bit 🩷
  • Options
    Suicidal, just want to die. Got no one to turn to. Lay in bed sobbing with everything tormenting me inside my head
  • Options
    @River use a crisis service if needed, please keep going ❤️
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe I cant :/ they don't help
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 951 Part of The Mix Family
    @Gemma I did manage to speak to my GP, and they spoke to my mental health team. We all kinda agreed there's a hell of a lot of miscommunication going on but the facts are that they're just watching over me at this point to see what it is/could be and that 'coping strategies' won't be my so called 'permanent treatment'
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Really struggling with my eating atm, hate how I've lost all progress. Not been reaching our the past couple days either and shutting people out

Hey @Chloe234, how are you doing this morning? It sounds like things have been really tough lately. <3

I wondered if you had managed to receive any support for your eating? I know I've flagged these to you before but remember there are services like Beat who run online support groups and you can read more about them here.

They also have a help finder, to help you look for support in your area.
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    So much shit has gone on these past few days, but trying to stay strong and be there for others

You deserve to be supported, Chloe, and you don't have to be strong for others. Please remember it's never your responsibility to be there for other people and it's so important that you look after your own wellbeing. Do you have any plans for this weekend? <3
  • Options
    Im pissed off, I actually give up ugh :bawling:
This discussion has been closed.